PDA

View Full Version : SEP revalidation - the three month rule - help!

tmmorris
23rd Jul 2007, 19:37
Why on earth do the CAA have that rule that you can only have an SEP rating revalidation by experience signed off in the three months preceding expiry of the rating?

In April I took my IMC renewal flight test, which I passed. From that moment, I qualified to renew my SEP rating by experience - I had enough hours during the twelve months preceding the expiry (13th August this year), and had a successful flight test which could be used in lieu of the dual flight with an instructor. My examiner signed off the IMC rating there and then, yet although I now also qualified for the SEP revalidation, we had to leave it until later, because it was four months, not three, before the rating expired.

Now, as he and I have both been busy, and I am about to go on holiday, and the rating expires the day I get back, I am panicking about getting it signed off in time. For the life of me I cannot think of a safety reason why he could not have signed off both ratings at the same time. He was due to come over tonight to do it but hasn't shown and I can't get hold of him.

So... is there an examiner on here within a reasonable distance of Oxford prepared to sign off an SEP revalidation, and free to do so in the next 48 hours (i.e. by Wednesday evening)?!

PM if preferred, and many thanks in advance if so...

Tim

Blinkz
23rd Jul 2007, 19:56
There are a number of examiners at OAT, with at least one of them being a CAA staff examiner. You might try there....

BEagle
23rd Jul 2007, 19:56
The CAA introduced this after they misread JAR-FCL. But they would sooner perpetuate this nonsense than admit they cocked up and change the ANO!

If you haven't had any luck by 1600 tomorrow, let me know by PM. When you say 'Oxford', do you mean the city or Kidlington aerodrome? Or where?

S-Works
23rd Jul 2007, 21:04
I will do it for you no problem. Drop me a PM if you want to sort it.

tmmorris
24th Jul 2007, 17:07
Thanks all for help - now sorted.

Tim