PDA

View Full Version : What's so special about Holland?

pumper_bob
27th Jun 2007, 01:12
I was looking on Google earth for some info and i noticed that Holland smudges out all its millitary fields:confused: in the imagery. Why would they need to do that? Even uncle sam doesn't do this. Anyone know why the Dutch are so keen to cover up their airfields? Or is there something more to this than meets the eye????

S-Works
27th Jun 2007, 07:12
CIA Interrogation centers....

gcolyer
27th Jun 2007, 08:03
Or is it where Saddams WMD is kept?

Underload
27th Jun 2007, 08:07
It makes us look important.

It is also really handy to find out which builings are fishy. Some office buildings, always thought to be 'normal' offices are suddenly blurred.:ugh:

sternone
27th Jun 2007, 11:46
That way the terrorists know were to look for... just shoot to the hided out google targets.

The Holland people think they are the smartest people in the world, what a joke i always love it when they think they are good in languages hahahaha

BackPacker
27th Jun 2007, 13:24
i always love it when they think they are good in languages hahahaha

That made me smile. Note the location of myself and the poster.

dublinpilot
27th Jun 2007, 14:40
At least we know who has better punctuation :} :D

I won't mention spellig :O

sternone
27th Jun 2007, 15:01
Haha, but i consider myself not actually speaking English, alot of people (not me) think they can speak English, in fact English is a very expanded language i once heard you have more than 2 million English words, most of any language in the world.

What i speak is English 'pillow' talk... get's me far enough with girls tough hahaha

BackPacker
27th Jun 2007, 15:15
I'm not claiming my English is perfect, but at least I know when to press the "shift" key while typing "I".:}

Seriously though, this is an English-language forum. I have found that if you use proper spelling and punctuation in your posts, people are far more responsive to your questions. Or, at the very least, it doesn't take them half a minute to figure out that when you wrote
get's me far enough with girls tough hahaha
you actually meant
get's me far enough with girls though hahaha

sternone
27th Jun 2007, 15:17
See what i mean about Flying Dutchmen ? ;)

soay
27th Jun 2007, 16:41
you actually meant
"get's me far enough with girls though hahaha"
Except for the apostrophe, of course! ;)

stillin1
27th Jun 2007, 17:43
Hollander's military airfields really do look like that. They are not smudged out at all - they bury them under water to stop the Swiss naval attacks. 'Tis a little trick that they learnt fron the Japanese in WW1.:E