PDA

View Full Version : PPL exams and expiration dates

Dop
19th Jun 2007, 13:52
I took all the written PPL exams back in July 2005, and the practical R/T test back in November 2005.

Then I had six months where every test attempt was cancelled due to weather and most practise sessions were cancelled by weather. I only had one crack at the skills test, when I really hadn't had enough flying time and the conditions weren't quite as good as I'd liked, and it all went horribly wrong. I've also had crap luck with weather over the last year or so so I've been lucky if I've had one lesson a month. Not ideal preparation! I had been going to have a crack at it last month, but didn't fly between the last weekend in April and the last weekend in May. It's so frustrating!

Anyway. I believe that all the written exams expire two years after the last one was completed, which makes that something like July 29th this year.

What I can't seem to find is whether the R/T practical test expires. Would I have to do that again? As I've got the R/T practical (Nov 2005) and R/T theoretical (July 2005) can I turn those into an FRTOL now and would that mean that if I have to take the exams again I won't have to do the R/T stuff again?

The forecast for the weekend isn't looking great (again) and time's a-wastin'. I'm going to have a discussion with my instructor over the weekend and I'm going to have to get another test attempt done even if I've not flown for a few weeks beforehand, as I at least need to TRY!

It's just so disheartening.

snapper41
19th Jun 2007, 14:34
The R/T licence is good for 10 years until you have to retake the exam.