PDA

View Full Version : Local AOPA Reps?

mstock
5th Jun 2007, 17:05
At the last AOPA Members Working Group meeting we discussed the possibility of setting up a network of local AOPA rep's. This extract from the April edition of GA magazine sums up our discussion:
...The Members Working Group is also keen to set up a network of regional AOPA representatives involving a volunteer for each flying club or school. At present, AOPA material is sent to CFIs of flying clubs who are corporate members of the Association, but they obviously have their own fish to fry and often don’t have the time to devote to promotion and recruitment. The group is discussing the possibility of putting together such a network and providing representatives with material to help them represent AOPA, explain the Association, encourage membership and
provide feedback.
This plan is still fairly embryonic at this stage, and I expect it will be discussed in a little more detail at our next meeting, currently scheduled for 24th June. Ideally, we'd have a volunteer representative at every club, but in practice that may be difficult to achieve.
If we can get to the point where we have a rep at every airfield that would be fantastic. We're not clear at this stage what would be expected of those who volunteer, but it's unlikely to be too labour intensive - just a commitment to 'be around' regularly and ensure AOPA publications and materials are accessible for all.
If you have any suggestions about what the AOPA rep could help with, or you would be prepared to volunteer as a rep, I'd love to hear from you!
You can email [email protected], or PM / email me, or just post your offer / suggestion here (http://www.joinaopa.com/forum/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=2).
Thanks in advance of your response!