PDA

View Full Version : Recency to carry passengers

neilia
25th May 2007, 18:26
Feel a bit silly asking this, but I can't remember and I can't find a reference in my stack of books.

What's the recency requirement for carrying passengers? Is it 3 t/o and landings in the last 90 days?

ta
n

gcolyer
25th May 2007, 18:27
It certainly is.

And it has to be on type i.e PA28, C172 blah blah blah.

neilia
25th May 2007, 18:30
Smashing, thanks gc. Have invited a friend to fly tomorrow and suddenly thought... :eek: ! All good though.

Chilli Monster
25th May 2007, 19:01
And it has to be on type i.e PA28, C172 blah blah blah..

No it doesn't - type or class is clearly stated in the ANO (Schedule 8) for fixed wing.

Same type limitation is for helicopters.

gcolyer
25th May 2007, 19:32
WIll re-read on that then.

I might be getting brainwashed by club rules:bored:

S-Works
25th May 2007, 19:52
It certainly is.

And it has to be on type i.e PA28, C172 blah blah blah.

Nope, you hold an a CLASS RATING not a type rating.....

michaelthewannabe
26th May 2007, 22:48
WIll re-read on that then.

I might be getting brainwashed by club rules:bored:

perhaps - club rules may not be motivated as exclusively by safety as CAA rules!

Whirlybird
27th May 2007, 05:51
The CAA often confuses we poor pilots by trying to incorporate different rules for fixed and rotary wing aircraft into one rule, and I think that this is one of those times. For fixed-wing, virtually everything refers to a CLASS of aircraft, ie single engine piston for most of us. For helicopters, every TYPE requires a different rating, a different LPC (yearly check) and is separate for currency requirements such as the 90 day rule. So if you don't fly helicopters, when you read "class and type", ignore "type"...at least on the whole; there may be an exception or two around. :(

jamestkirk
27th May 2007, 08:42
To keep currrent on type and/or class.

At least once every 30 days you must fly inverted past the control tower at the controllers eye height whilst holding holding your licence to the aircraft window for them to see if the appropriate class rating is valid (remember to hold it the correct way up).

ThePirateKing
27th May 2007, 10:44
At least once every 30 days you must fly inverted past the control tower

Eh? How am I supposed to do this in my PA28? More stupid CAA regulations. :ugh:

:E

jamestkirk
27th May 2007, 11:09
The CAA never think before LASOR'ing.

Just pitch down to 130kts, pull up to about a 30 degree pitch up attitude and then full aileron and a pinch of rudder. Let me know how it goes.