PDA

View Full Version : High Failure Rate

MountBlac
10th May 2007, 23:59
Four out of six failed in the latest Tower course in HK, what are the problems there? Who should be responsible for that? The students?

ClearedIGS
11th May 2007, 00:28
Seven out of seven passed the last Tower course in HK. what are the problems there? Who should be responsible for that? The students?

Mr. Bloggs
11th May 2007, 01:41
The First Officer of course!:}

alohajec
11th May 2007, 03:06
President Bush. He "misunderestimated" the quality of ATC here in HKG :p

VSD
11th May 2007, 11:08
With better preparation, they will surely get through next time or next next time in special cases.

787dreamer
13th May 2007, 06:12
hope they'll make it the next time, provided that they are given a second chance (seems like no one can take it for granted from now on). there are rumours that every course in the past was given an unofficial nickname afterwards, I wonder what this one is called, it gotta be something special (4 out of 6 has to be a HKCAD record!)

Lovely_Management
13th May 2007, 06:42
ClearedIGS did a fine job, he has tried his best in coaching all these years. With better preparation the students are, I don't see any reason they could fail again. Some of these students have good learning attitude and they should be able to make it next time. Surely it is that the "next next time" is a ludicrous one.

Well done, Mr. BallPen+xx+xx!

LapSap
13th May 2007, 10:15
With better preparation the students are, I don't see any reason they could fail again.

4th time lucky? :suspect:

good swing
13th May 2007, 11:51
Seven out of seven passed the last Tower course in HK. what are the problems there? Who should be responsible for that? The students?So. Are they doing well out there?

good swing
13th May 2007, 11:53
Four out of six failed in the latest Tower course in HK, what are the problems there? Who should be responsible for that? The students?
Who set out the system?
Who hired them?
Who chose the instructors?

ATCX
13th May 2007, 16:07
The Training Unit only trains someone to reach an acceptable standard, in this case, trainable standard. The rest will depend on their perseverance and I must say, a bit of luck.

Again, every unit has their own clearance limit.

ATCX
13th May 2007, 16:11
Quote:
Who set out the system? WONG MOU
Who hired them? WONG MOU
Who chose the instructors? WONG MOU

And the students? Brittle boy and girl

LapSap
15th May 2007, 00:30
Who set out the system? WONG MOU
Who hired them? WONG MOU
Who chose the instructors? WONG MOU

Go on. Give us gweilos a hint. Let me guess - sounds like he belongs in Fawlty Towers? How appropriate.:hmm:

Nut.Nut
15th May 2007, 12:54
LapSap you are wrong. Just more time and better instructors some will succeed finally. 4th or even 5th, why not?!:ok:

I am retired
17th May 2007, 05:32
Does it mean I can have my job back??? :suspect:

bekolblockage
17th May 2007, 15:13
Does it mean I can have my job back???

Mais oui! Pas vous aiment vivre sur la plage plus ?:cool:

4th-Time
17th May 2007, 17:37
la la la la la

Sad-Cold
18th May 2007, 15:44
May I know what do you write? Thanks!
Is it mean that
"Yes! Not love you to live on the beach more?"

Sad-Cold
18th May 2007, 16:24
A link to share with you all and give a chance to let the instructor to review themselves!
.royharris.com/articles/?sec=9&id=984

Sad-Cold
23rd May 2007, 23:32
A Good Instructor...
1)... is an individual who cares
2) ... is a giver
3) ... must know how to present information to a diverse group of students
4) ... willingly adapts to the ever-changing needs of his clients
5) ... maintains a high level of awareness to those who have special needs
6)...must have been a good student himself
7)... must make the effort to become a kind, considerate and compassionate human being

Only if the instructors in the future possess the above qualities, then we might able to increase the passing rate.
Just day-dreaming!:rolleyes:

Cumguzzler
19th Jul 2008, 14:52
Sad-cold,
Not sure if it all these "almost perfect" features, but it is a good teacher, good mentor, the department dedicated to this, sharp .... he is an example, each newcomer learn.
Nobody is perfect, he does his very best and contribute to this industry

LapSap
19th Jul 2008, 15:58
Unfortunately the one who meets all your requirments is about to leave.:(

On the beach
19th Jul 2008, 18:55
Lap sap

Unfortunately the one who meets all your requirments is about to leave.

What do you mean? I left 3 years ago:O

Sur la plage

flatfilea4
20th Jul 2008, 02:37
I suggest that if too many fail any course then there is something wrong with selection, course, examination, system - conversely if all pass then there is likely to be something wrong as well - If the training/examination system works correctly then a pass rate of 70-90% should be acceptable and indicates a correct balance between all the elements.

Examinations are as much about checking that the selection/training system is working as checking that the student is competent. It is of course more efficient and fair for all concerned if those that cannot attain competence are removed from training before the final examination stage - so my 70-90% is a course pass rate, not a final examination pass rate.

Cheers

watsup
20th Jul 2008, 03:20
Well said, flatfile a4. Agree whole heartedly.

NDS Finger
20th Jul 2008, 03:49
This post is more than a year old. Delay no more dug this up and deleted his reply. very strange. :confused::cool: