PDA

View Full Version : Flyteam Aviation

approach_shortfinals
22nd Apr 2007, 10:32
Has anyone had any experience with hiring from Flyteam Aviation based in Elstree? eg Cost, availability of aircraft at weekends, standard of instruction, standard of aircraft, club atmosphere etc…

I haven’t flown in six months due to relocation and finances and want to get back into it before this summer. I learnt to fly in a PA28 in Jersey and haven’t flown since gaining my licence so I will need to go up with an instructor to get back into flying and also to get used to the area. I now live in North London so I think Elstree is possibly my best bet.

Any information is very much appreciated.

p.s. I have performed a search on “Flyteam” which returned no results before posting

RoosterBooster
22nd Apr 2007, 11:35
Hi Approach,

I've not used them but do see them around in Elstree quite a bit. I guess that's a good indicator. I think they only rent out in Elstree the training is done at their Cranfield base.

Elstree is a good field to fly from although a bit cumbersome in terms of the circuits pattern etc. You can't have everything though.

Cheers.

RB

IRRenewal
22nd Apr 2007, 20:17
Just tried a search myself, and got plenty of hits. Go to 'advanced search' and select 'find post from any date', rather than the default (which is a couple of weeks or so).