PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Selection

badmash
10th Apr 2007, 09:24
I am currently based overseas, but will be returning to the UK and have a craving to start flying again.

I formerly owned a starduster too and would like to get something a little more practical.

As such does anyone have any advice on a decent plane, cheap to run (rotax powered rather than continental/lycoming etc) yet capable of touring with two adults and a reasonable amount of luggage. (Aerobatic capability is a bonus but not necessary.)

I want to spend around £20,000 to £30,000 but could go higher or lower.

I'm currently thinking along the lines of a Europa but have been quite attracted to the VLA class in particular to the BanBi/Eurostar series; however as I'm cracking 90kilos with flight gear and would like to take my girlfriend (Less than me Kg) and her associated luggage (LOTS kg) what would be the best type to buy?

As I have an instrument rating would it be better to go for something like a Bulldog (I'm starting to feel slightly young again as memories of EFT come flooding back, I can smell the stale vomit and avgas now...) and sacrifice the economy of a rotax powered type?

And from the left field of course their is something like a YAK or other Eastern European exotic?

Thanks in advance,

Badmash