7th Apr 2007, 12:24
Has anyone here flown themselves to Lille??
I need to go their for work and don't really want to drive. Realistically what do you think the overall cost would be to take a C172 or PA28 over to lille and back (from Brisol area) inlcuding 2 nights parking.
Also what routeing would you use?
7th Apr 2007, 13:39
Last time I was there was in February. Landing and handling came to 14 Euros. I didn't stay very long, so no parking charges, but I doubt they're hugely expensive. Make sure you let them know you're flying as a member of a flying club, not a private owner, otherwise the charges are a lot higher.
Lille's a large airport but quite welcoming of GA - albeit there isn't much of it, so they have to send someone from the main terminal especially to take your landing fee.
No need to give customs/immigration any notice, which makes life easier.
7th Apr 2007, 14:10
Are you sure youre right about Customs and immigration. Sounds wrong to me.
7th Apr 2007, 15:08
From what I remember, between the hours of 0400 to 2100 there's no need to request them, but if you're thinking of arriving outside those hours then you'll need to arrange it. Best to confirm it for yourself in the AIP.
7th Apr 2007, 17:19
From the AIP
9 - Douanes, Police / Customs, Police : 0400-2100 et O/R avant 1600.
0400-2100 and O/R before 1600.
I was there about two years ago, and from memory the landing fee was about €13. We only stopped for about 2 hours.
7th Apr 2007, 18:51
Between there twice in the last few weeks.
1. Customs as per previous post,
2. You will be parked on GA ramp to the left of the main terminal (as you face),
3. There is a bus that runs into town every half hour (and back). I cant remember whether it goes on the hour or on the half,
4. Taxis readily available,
5. Mandatory security is a pain. If the right people are at lunch or whatever expect half an hour delay getting in or out (or more) and remember to take your license,
6. Little secret - if you are from a flying club or a member of a club you get a good discount on the landing and parking but it is very cheap anyway.
Otherwise everything works well.
PM me if you need anything else.
8th Apr 2007, 08:40
Ops - didnt read the original post properly.
I havent stayed over night but for a week I would still imagine the parking very cheap. Obviously if you give them a call they will give you a price.
From Bristol you could route through Lyneham to Shoreham and along the coast to SFD or LYD. SFD to just east of L2K is obviously the longer crossing so in a single you might prefer the short crossing. From the FIR, Lille will give you a squawk and you can route direct.