PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways!

CAPT_72
5th Apr 2007, 01:46
I visited the Tiger Airways site and found this on the Pilot Req's section:

"• A320 rating, and experience, is a definite advantage however Tiger Airways does operate a self-sponsored training program for pilots not qualified on type"

Anyone have any details on this scheme?
Does this mean they do line training?

thornycactus
5th Apr 2007, 03:38
To CAPT_72,

Point 1
You should know that Tiger Airways' Airbuses are registered under Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS).

Point 2
Now, CAAS requires pilots to hold at least CAAS ATPL. First of all, you must know the licence conversion requirement.

Now, CAAS basically is operating an identical system as UKCAA. Now, you have to passed all 14 exams UKCAA papers and 8 CAAS ground papers. So, the required papers to be taken is approx. 22 papers! Are you sure you want to sit for these papers?:confused: Once you have passed the exams, there are still lots of troublesome things for you to satisfy CAAS' requirements.

Kindly take note: UKCAA exam papers are much-much-much harder that UK-JAR (FCL) exam papers. Let the aviation experts (in this forum) who have sat for both UKCAA and UK-JAR (FCL) papers share with you how tough the papers were.

Point 3
Next, you must figure a way to sit for the papers in Singapore.

Perhaps, Tiger Airways might arrange you to sit for all these papers without going through all the hassle. I am sure there are many experts hiding in this forum. Let them answer the rest and I shall keep my hands off the keyboard. :)

dream747
5th Apr 2007, 12:04
Apologies on hijacking the thread. What is the difference between the UKCAA and UK-JAR papers? Aren't them all under JAA?

Thanks!