PDA

View Full Version : Keeping a PPL(A) with a TMG rating current on an SLMG

Oxeagle
30th Mar 2007, 16:33
Afternoon chaps,

I remember reading on here a while ago about being able to keep an SEP PPL(A) current on an SLMG providing that you have a TMG rating Is this the case, is it a variation of this or is it complete rubbish? :confused:

If this is true, can these hours be used towards the totals required for the CPL(A)?

Cheers,

Ox

sjeh
30th Mar 2007, 16:47
If this is true, can these hours be used towards the totals required for the CPL(A)?
LASORS D1.2(D):
...The following credits will apply towards the total 200 hours of flight time...
iii) 30 hours as pilot-in-command in touring motor gliders or gliders (including Vigilant).
i.e. I think that they can be used to keep your PPL current (by experience), but only up to 30 hours can be counted towards the CPL requirements.

Whopity
1st Apr 2007, 13:56
If you have both TMG and SEP ratings on your license, you can revalidate both ratings on the basis of experience gained on either Class or by passing a Proficiency check on either Class. If they both lapse you will need a test in each Class to start the ball rolling again.

If you have SLMG and SEP ratings on your licence the you will have to revalidate them individually. So a good idea to get a TMG rating issued!