PDA

View Full Version : Duxford Bonus Day -- All Cessna Singles 21st April 2007

alphaalpha
29th Mar 2007, 14:41
Just a reminder that the Duxford Cessna Bonus Day is on 21st April. Cessna singles flying-in enjoy discounted landing fees and museum entrance fee.

More details here:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=266722&highlight=Duxford

Don't forget to phone for PPR 01223 833376.

See you on the day - let's hope for better weather this year.
Alan.

DX Wombat
30th Mar 2007, 14:27
I went last year with my instructor in G-BNMF. If I can possibly manage it I'll be there again - hopefully with MF but if not, then with another one. It was a nice day too (we made it there and back from EGBO). :ok: Please put my name down now! :)

alphaalpha
30th Mar 2007, 20:10
Hi Wombat: It was pretty awful weather last year, wasn't it. Give the tower a ring with your details (01223 833376) and they'll book you in. You need a short briefing, so I can't do it for you on the forum.

See you on the day
Alan.

False Capture
30th Mar 2007, 22:04
Alternatively, arrive in a nice/better aeroplane and pay the full amount.;)

DX Wombat
30th Mar 2007, 23:07
False Capture, :* 1 MF IS a nice aircraft :ok:
2 It's not better, but it is different, so if you would care to pay the differences in cost of hire, landing fees etc for me, I will quite happily fly the DA40. The Plastic Duckling is not unlike the 152 to fly, it's just a lot more expensive so I have to restrict my use of it.
Alan, we were lucky with the weather as we came from EGBO but other areas had a pretty nasty time. :( I'll ring the airfield and give them my details. I won't have my FI with me this year - unless he feels like coming along for the trip, however, I don't think he's quite that daft or insane and he has probably seen enough of EGSU and me as a combination to last him for the rest of his life. :hmm:

Delta Wun-Wun
31st Mar 2007, 08:48
DX You may need to check that MF is painted correctly......I think there is a legal requirement that all skips must have the owner`s name and phone number on the side.:}
Will you bring me a slice of that nice cake they do??

DWW:ok:

DX Wombat
1st Apr 2007, 09:43
I have booked in. :ok: DWW you seem to have serious difficulty in identifying skips. So to help you a little: Skip (http://ch4.org.uk/data/resources/Image/idea-a-day/rubbish_skip.jpeg) , MF (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/DX_Wombat/P1011494.jpg) - taken by me at last year's Cessna Day. :ok: There is absolutely NO resemblance. I shall discuss the cake with you when I see you. I suppose I owe you a piece after THAT excursion. :{ :{ TO say I will be worried about flying there on my own again is a huge understatement but I'm determined to do it even if they need to resuscitate me when I get there. If I see "Cambridge South" I shall vanish in the opposite direction like the proverbial bat out of hell.

DX Wombat
10th Apr 2007, 15:08
Am I the only one going? :confused: :{

Phoenix09
10th Apr 2007, 19:47
I shall also be there DX Wombat in a C172H coming from White Waltham. All booked in and briefing received. :ok:

DX Wombat
10th Apr 2007, 21:40
Excellent! :ok: That's two of us then, now where are the rest? :hmm:

Dark Helmet
11th Apr 2007, 07:35
I hope to make it as well. (Although it will only be from Bourn so if the weather is bad I'll just taxi there!)

alphaalpha
14th Apr 2007, 06:01
Bookings are beginning to build now, so weather permitting, it looks like a good day. Don't forget, it's PPR. Phone 01223 833376. See you there.

Alan.

DX Wombat
14th Apr 2007, 11:58
Excellent. :) :ok: See you all there if MF is back from a trip abroad (it is booked but you never know what may happen)

alphaalpha
18th Apr 2007, 20:29
The aim is to run the short tour of some part of the museum at around 12.30 local, so get to Duxford before then if at all possible.

There's still plenty of space if any other Cessna drivers want to come over.

Alan.

DX Wombat
19th Apr 2007, 10:55
MF is back :ok: so as long as the weather remains good and I don't take the scenic route :{ I'll be there. That tour sounds good AA :D

G SXTY
21st Apr 2007, 17:48
Just got back from Duxford, and what a great day out. Helpful and friendly AFIS, and simplicity itself to park up and pay the discounted landing and entrance fees.

The only problem was dragging myself away to get the aircraft home on time. :{

Thanks Duxford, looking forward to the next spamcan bonus day! :ok:

modelman
21st Apr 2007, 19:31
Just got back from my first 'away day' since getting my licence.What a great day out at a magnificent venue.
Thank you.

MM

(Wot about one at Cosford?)

Dark Helmet
22nd Apr 2007, 15:37
A very hazy day but excellent service from the tower. Looking forward to the next one!

DX Wombat
22nd Apr 2007, 18:28
:{ :{ :{ The atrocious visibility at Halfpenny Green meant that I had to turn back almost as soon as I got airborne. I was really looking forward to it too. :{ :{ :{
Cosford is a nice idea but I think you will find their MIL Landing Fees a bit steep. :( (Standard MOD Landing Fees £50 - £80 [allegedly] even if you have Crown Indemnity, depending on MAUW):\

Phoenix09
22nd Apr 2007, 20:12
It really was a great day out.

Visibility was appalling on the way but that was soon forgotten as the welcome display by the Spitfire started as we taxied in to park. So good of you to lay it on for us alphalpha! :) :D

We received an excellent service from Luton Radar yesterday as well. Lots of information about other aircraft out there in the murk and very friendly controllers both going and coming back.

So thank you to everybody who, combined, made it such an excellent day out. :ok:

DX Wombat
23rd Apr 2007, 16:02
Didn't anyone take any photos? :(

modelman
23rd Apr 2007, 18:12
I would if I could work out how to post.......