PDA

View Full Version : JAA-FCL PPL in USA

sunpoint
29th Mar 2007, 11:29
Hi everybody,

does somebody know a link or a list of FTO`s, where it is possible to do the JAA-FCL PPL in USA (preliminary at the west coast). Maybe there is somebody, who did the privat pilot licence on this way. Here, in Germany, it is too expensive :ugh: .
So I`m interested in the JAA-FCL and/or the FAA PPL in the US, maybe together with some hours directly after getting the licence. So is it possible to do the licence and fly 100 hours (altogether) within 6 weeks?:E

Thanks for answering the questions :)

captain_rossco
29th Mar 2007, 12:28
Did mine at OBA,

had a hoot, and for hour building afterwards, well, OBA are cheap as chips, you'd have to steal an a/c to get hours for less!

Thats me tuppence in!

BackPacker
29th Mar 2007, 15:03
Sunpoint, did you search through the archives? This thread seems to start again every week or so...

The CAA has a document called the Approved Training Organizations or something like that. That contains the full list of JAA flightschools in a non-JAA country, as the CAA is the only one who certifies foreign flight schools. Three in Florida (OBA, Naples and OFT I believe), one in California (AAA) and one in Moncton, Canada, if I remember correctly.

Lots of reviews on the various schools too on the forums. Check out the Professional Training section as well, since a lot of professional students start their JAA career with one of these schools.

michaelthewannabe
29th Mar 2007, 18:03
I posted a list on a thread about this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=268777) when I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago, but because I'd included links to all the FTOs, the post got re-routed to "a moderator" and was never seen again!

But hopefully the fruits of my research will make it onto the forum this time. Listed on page 5 of CAA Standards Document 31 (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=1211), we have:

Naples Air Centre
Cabair College of Air Training t/a European Pilot Training Academy (Kissimmee & Moncton)

European Flight Training LLC (Florida)
Western Air (Thruxton) Ltd in association with Sunrise Aviation, FloridaAnglo-American Aviation is the only West Coast outfit, in San Diego. See the document or Google for further contact details.

mtw