PDA

View Full Version : Hyd Pump O/Heat B737-200

Zenj
25th Mar 2007, 16:17
Im pasting directly from the Boeing QRH, the book says Electric Hydraulic Pump Switch to OFF , its the same checklist you do for SYS A Overheat (which is not electric) , but why Boeing says Electric ?

There are Overheat Lights for SYS A also !

Condition: A hydraulic pump OVERHEAT light illuminated
indicates a fluid or motor overheat in the related
electric motor-driven pump.
ELECTRIC HYDRAULIC PUMP SWITCH . . . . . . . . . . . . . .OFF

[One pump provides adequate pressure for normal system operation.]

thepotato232
25th Mar 2007, 17:18
Boeing's not paying any attention to the QRHs they're putting out for their old airplanes. If you look through the latest manuals on the -200, you'll see typos, improperly cut-and-pasted material, and out-and-out falsehoods.

Yes, the A pumps are still engine-driven. The Boeing QRH says otherwise because the guys writing about the -200 stopped caring years ago. You're still turning the A pump off when you get the SYS OVHT, whether the pump's driven by electricity, engine power, or a hamster on a wheel.

vapilot2004
25th Mar 2007, 19:24
The 737-200 has two overheat alarms for the hydraulic system. They are both connected to sensors in the returns to the electric pumps on the B system only. There is only a low-pressure indication for the engine driven A system and no overheat indicators.

On the -300 and up series 'classic' there is an electric pump on both A and B and the QRH on these aircraft would correctly list the items you have posted Zenj, however the 732 QRH should not contain any reference to system A overheat.

Zenj
25th Mar 2007, 20:25
Vapilot

I was in the simulator just today and I saw the overheat lights on SYS A.

Just checked the manuals and I dont see it mentioned anywhere of the Engine Driven Pumps having Overheat Indications.

Will find out soon !