PDA

View Full Version : Flying into Aberdeen

Glasgow_Flyer
6th Mar 2007, 14:52
I gather that it isn't going to be financially possible (!) - but perhaps someone could let me know how much it is likely to set me back by flying in a light single for a couple of hours for Sunday lunch?

Cheers

padded cell
6th Mar 2007, 16:12
If you call Signature on 01224 723636 I'm sure Brian or one of the others will be able to tell you how much!

Might be an idea to be sitting down when they tell you though ... :eek:

PC

youngskywalker
6th Mar 2007, 17:27
Think it's a fairly standard BAA Scotland rate, a visitor from Aberdeen going to Glasgow would be just as bad as you coming to Aberdeen or Edinburgh! Locally based aircraft get a small discount on landings, it's currently running at about 14 or 15 quid. I wouldnt be surprised if with the BAA/NATS/Signature charge you won't have much change from £80.:confused:

Glasgow_Flyer
6th Mar 2007, 18:42
ahhh cool - i'll find a field instead!

Cheers guys!

(ps - I don't fly from a BAA airport - hence the unsurity!)

MIKECR
6th Mar 2007, 19:31
Why not head to Insch instead. Its only a few miles away

PH-UKU
6th Mar 2007, 21:09
Insch is pretty short (540m), and you will need a brief from the owner/operator before visiting.

Why not try Whiterashes/Bogfechel ? Grass. about 700m if I recall. Took a PA28 in there no problems a few years ago. Very close to the ADN VOR (inside the Aberdeen CTR), and actually quite difficult to spot - even with the windmill next door !! So you need to get a brief and need to speak to ATC.

Or, Peterhead Longside. Call Jim McWilliams.

Don't have current numbers - try Google and PM me if you still have trouble.

:ok:

Eirefly
6th Mar 2007, 22:41
It was around 25 quid 6 months ago.....have a good day up there!