PDA

View Full Version : PPL (A) Revalidation - What's the procedure

JTobias
27th Feb 2007, 21:23
Dear All
Does anyone know the exact procedure for revalidating a CAA PPL(A) that has lapsed?

I have a valid CAA PPL (H) and have flown 40 (rotary) hours in the last 6 months. I have also flown right hand in fixed wing quite a few times and have just booked to revalidate my fixed wing license with an instructor, but I don't actually know what the approved revalidation procedure is.

Is it simply a matter of demonstrating proficiency on type and then a Certificate of test (or Experience)? Also do I get any dispensation for my rotary wing flying.
Thanks

Rod1
27th Feb 2007, 21:31
It depends on how long it has lapsed. I think if it is less than 5 years you can revalidate by following an appropriate course of training followed by the test, as decided by a CFI. More than 5 years and it is do it again less whatever you get off the standard hours for your PPL H.

Rod1

S-Works
27th Feb 2007, 21:37
You just do a flight test with an FE after any elevant training with an FI/CRI. Rotary hours count for squat in fixed and vice versa.

matelot
28th Feb 2007, 07:25
Why don't you go to the CAA web site and look it up? It's all in LASORS Section F. Everything you want to know straight from the horse's mouth. ;)

JTobias
28th Feb 2007, 07:38
Thanks folks for all your replies. I had also checked LASORS but was looking in the wrong place. Thanks for pointing out the correct area.

Cheers:ok: