PDA

View Full Version : Barton - LAC Member's meeting tnite

Sir George Cayley
22nd Feb 2007, 11:36
Just spotted this on "the other" forum

Meeting (http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=29759)

Smiled at the words "cordially invited" Personally I'd have St John's Ambulance on standby :eek:

Sir George Cayley

Small Rodent Driver
22nd Feb 2007, 13:55
Gumshield at the ready:ouch:

tiggermoth
22nd Feb 2007, 21:33
I managed to get in. I left after the 15 minute break.

Let me try and get it as right as I can from memory.

LAC will no longer be on the site as of the 31 March. This is a natural break as far as different leases, contracts, and membership is concerned.

The estimated assets that LAC had put together was higher than what Peel holdings had assessed by an external independant assessor (I'm sure there's too many 'ss'es is assessor..). Anyhow there was something about the building being run down and LAC were supposed to either have done it up over the last two years or pay £11k in rent. LAC ahave not done it up. There was something about Peel letting go of the rent money and some other bits and bobs, which means that "the deal" pretty much matches up with the LAC estimate of assets (£49k ?).

There was mention of something like £6000 would be owing to LAC if they leave on the 31 March becasue of contract with Barton Operations Limited would be cut short.

A mention that al this was up in the air, and nothing was fixed. They were keen to put an optimistic view on it all, and emphasised that Peel wanted to keep aviation at Barton. The channels of communication are still open with Peel, and they hope things will resolve.

They envisaged that there may well be an individual landing contract between pilots and Peel, as well as parking contracts. It was likely it would be similar to the current LAC membership fee. The "clubhouse" would become an "airport cafe". Hangerage wouuld still be available, and not at double the rent that was cited previously. Peel may "add value" to the hangerage by parking aircraft in the hanger for a fee.

It was emphasised that LAC wouuld continue as a club, and as it would not have the current overheads and losses it would be in a stronger position. New memberships are currently not available, but existing memebers will be invited to continue with their memebrship. The new membership will be substantially less to cover admin charges.

A lady got up and re-iterated the lease agreements, and read out some positive words.

Another gentleman got up, bless him, and emphasised the hard work the trustees and the comittee had put in, and I for one felt quite sad at the thought of this great club's future. He had a frog in his throat as he applauded the comittee members, and I'm sure a few others of us did too.

There was mention of LAC talking to farmers and landowners about the possibility of using land as a future home for LAC. The land required would be 12 acres or greater. They emphasied that it SHOULD NOT BE MADE PUBLIC of any negotiations with any potenttial farmer or landowner as it could jepordise the process. They addressed the membership to use all their contacts to try and find a site. LAC in its years of operation has never owned its own airfield and has always been in the precarios position where its field has been leased.

Hangerage. All aircraft owners to vacate the hangers by 31 March. Skips will be provided near the hangers so that you can throw away any its and bobs that you no longer need, or can't be bothered taking home.

I've probably missed something, and put enough spelling and grammatical errors to keep an English teacher busy for a week. That's what I gathered from the (first half) of the Barton meeting.

So chin up chaps, as a club everything can be alright if we (you) work together at it.

ShyTorque
27th Feb 2007, 08:01
Bad news for visiting pilots!

I was told recently that there willl be no on site catering facilities at Barton after Wednesday this week, when the clubhouse will be closed until further notice.

I understand this means there will be not even a public coffee machine on site! I'll not be going there again until this is sorted out and I suspect may others won't either.

tiggermoth
27th Feb 2007, 14:17
Currently, the cafe bit is under control of LAC, so they may be pulling out of catering to save costs.

Peel Holdings have confirmed that they are going to maintain a cafe at Barton aerodrome, so if there is a lack of catering it will only be until they take over the running of it.

Ravenair have a coffee machine and a snack machine by the way, they are on site there.

Mixed Up
27th Feb 2007, 15:07
Bad news for visiting pilots!

I was told recently that there willl be no on site catering facilities at Barton after Wednesday this week, when the clubhouse will be closed until further notice.

Sorry to say it, but I'd regard this as good news having once had breakfast there. It was disgusting. I recall looking at my friends "cooked breakfast", that he had waited so long for, and wondering how he could eat it. Less than half-way through he finally conceded "You know, I'm not enjoying this. I think they haven't changed the fat in the last couple of months." 'orrible!

ShyTorque
1st Mar 2007, 08:03
"Ravenair have a coffee machine and a snack machine by the way, they are on site there."

Thanks - whereabouts are they and is there a sitting/waiting area which they will allow visiting pilots to use?

tiggermoth
1st Mar 2007, 10:04
"Ravenair have a coffee machine and a snack machine by the way, they are on site there."

Thanks - whereabouts are they and is there a sitting/waiting area which they will allow visiting pilots to use?

They are in a house at the opposite end of the car park. I'm not sure if they do allow anybody just go in (having said that), but they are on 0161 788 9911.

T.

Morty76
1st Mar 2007, 12:32
Mixed-up

When were you last there. I'm guessing it must have been quite some time ago as the food recently has been of a very good standard.