PDA

View Full Version : Question for Emirates Pilots

727200flyguy
9th Feb 2002, 21:07
Hello all. I have a female friend who is a commercial pilot. She has asked me to do a little asking around. Here's the question. Does Emirates hire female pilots? If anyone could help us out it would be greatly appreciated.. .Thanks. :)

HugMonster
9th Feb 2002, 22:01
If your friend had done her homework, like perhaps visiting Emirates website, she would have seen that on the recruitment page there is a pic of a female pilot.

Question answered?

brownoser
30th Mar 2003, 03:59
No, not now, not ever. Sorry that seems to be the way around here.:(

sluggums
30th Mar 2003, 04:08
Definately not, thats what I've heard. HugMonster........wrong answer.

piper737
30th Mar 2003, 05:15
No female pilots!
They said: "maybee later"???????????
She would probably be the first.
And with a commercial licence? Forget it!!!!!!
ATPL with + 8000 hrs is the norm.
If the war continues like this,with less candidates, there is hope for you.

rjemery
30th Mar 2003, 19:25
Hugmonster,

Any enterprise, if not all, may publically proclaim
they do not discriminate on the basis of sex or age
but in reality do just that. I think the original
question was intended to determine if the company
truly hired female pilots.

loungelizard
30th Mar 2003, 21:49
Gents (and of course ladies)

Our dear brothers did have a female pilot accepted about a year ago and was from Singapore. 737 Capt may have been with Silk. Had the uniforms etc all made up for their FIRST FEMALE and alas and not surprising in this part of the woods errr sand, she failed a "final assessment". mmmmm did'nt know they had them actually. It has been heard coming "from the top" that no female pilot will ever be at the controls of an Emirates a/c. The "final assessment" was obviously to show that Emirates ahhh errr DO NOT DISCRIMINATE. mmm yes well.!!!!!!!!!!

Lizard.

HOMER SIMPSONS LOVECHILD
31st Mar 2003, 06:15
They sponsored a female cadet when they trained at Prestwick circa 93-94. She got chopped.

skidcanuck
31st Mar 2003, 11:25
I say....................MAGNUM!!

El Peligroso
31st Mar 2003, 20:11
If your friend had done her homework, like perhaps visiting Emirates website, she would have seen that on the recruitment page there is a pic of a female pilot.

......and if you had done yours, you would know that in fact there are no female pilots at EK. :rolleyes: