PDA

View Full Version : A320 pitch/power for sim ride

hedge
15th Feb 2007, 22:18
Hi everyone

I'm after a few rough pitch & power settings (mid weight) for an A320 sim ride: (apparently no settings are briefed on the day) Need a bit of help as I've only flown boeings before :confused:

250kts Str & Lvl (3000ft)

210kts single engine

ILS settings (say nil wind) especially on the glide. (I think they use epr for the thrust)

Much obliged to anyone who can help.

Hedge

lgw bean flicker
16th Feb 2007, 14:30
Hiya, for a manual go around, I use the following as a starter for ten,......

15deg and TOGA
10deg and CLB
6deg and T (positioning the line by the letter T! technical stuff eh!)

hope this helps,.......

If you look in your QRH for unusual speed indication, this will give you a general pitch and power setting for your config,........

The Bean

Office Pest
16th Feb 2007, 15:08
Hello Hedge - For what it's worth here are my rough numbers.
Level Flight 250kts 3*/ 62%, Green Dot 5*/55%, F speed F2 8*/58%

Single Engine Green Dot 6*/69% 4.5 units Trim. The same trim and power for approach with Flap Full.

Approach Two Engine Flap Full 2.5*/55%

Office Pest

hedge
17th Feb 2007, 08:04
Thanks guys,

That gives me something to hang my hat on. Any idea on the rough EPR settings for the said configs? (strange that its easy to get this info for the Boeings by search but not the A320)

Cheers

hedge

javelin
17th Feb 2007, 09:32
Hedge,

You don't need power settings - use the information on the PFD.

Manual flight, manual thrust, the speed trend vector is sensitive enough to guide you regarding thrust.

If the vector is increasing, bring the thrust levers back and the vector will reduce - when it is zero - bingo, you are stable. That way, when you mixed fleet fly on up to 3 or 4 different engine/airframe combinations, you don't need to remember useless information.

Climb - leave it in the climb gate, TOGA - likewise for the go round.

Airboos Philosophy - Merveilleux :ok:

A4
17th Feb 2007, 10:09
For Single engine use Gn DOT level = N1 75%, to configure reduce N1 to 65% and select F2,Gear,F3. At glideslope take Flap full and N1 73-75%)

These are ball park figures - use the speed trend arrow and make SMALL adjustments accordingly.

On EPR Airbus N1 is still indicated below the EPR gauge (I think).

Look at Gross weight (displayed bottom right of lower ECAM (SD Screen).

For ball park setting - Single engine = GW + 10%, two engine = GW -5%

A4

hedge
17th Feb 2007, 18:08
Many thanks guys. Great feedback. Really appreciate it.

hedge