PDA

View Full Version : PMC

it.pilot737
8th Feb 2007, 19:53
Condition..... RWY condaminated, PMC inop. On short RWY we are limited by V1mcg so...the V1 is the V1mcg but in this situation our V1mcg is increased by 4 kts. this means that I'll go to do my RTO faster....how can I corresct for this my calculation?

Henry VIII
9th Feb 2007, 01:41
Never heard about PMC. What is it, please ?

barit1
9th Feb 2007, 02:16
If it's a 737 classic (CFM56-3) PMC = Power Management Control (analogue N1 control).

PMC inop means no control loop on N1, thus less precise control and aggravated worst-case assymetrical thrust.

Henry VIII
11th Feb 2007, 08:19
Tks barit1, never flown 737.

I-2021
11th Feb 2007, 10:40
Suppose you V1mcg is 116 kts. You add 4 kts due to PMC OFF, and you get 120 kts. Then you have to subtract a certain amount of knots to your actual V1 due to the SSW condition. You will be anyway limited by your actual V1mcg.
(me thinks):sad:

BEASTPLOTINTHEWORD
13th Feb 2007, 11:40
I-2021, the new V1 will be 120 anyway.

Not less than that.

So the question is about aborting at too high a speed to stop in time.

But since the N1 will be higher than normal (increasing with airspeed), the higher V1 will be reached at about the same distance from brake release (faster acceleration).

Ciao ragazzi!

I-2021
13th Feb 2007, 13:04
BEASTPLOTINTHEWORLD,

as I said, You will be anyway limited by your actual V1mcg which takes into account the PMC off correction.

North Stand Tier3
14th Feb 2007, 07:20
Our MEL says you shouldn't be operating on contaminated runway(slush/rain/snow) with PMC inop-yours the same?

I-2021
14th Feb 2007, 13:00
I will have a look at the MEL, onestly I do not remember what it says concerning PMC OFF but what you say could actually be the solution:p

Denti
14th Feb 2007, 14:14
Same rule here, no take off on contaminated runway with PMC inop.

vwreggie
16th Feb 2007, 21:07
1.In aus you first calculate your Limit weight and normal Vspeeds from a table or generalised takeoff data.
2. There is a weight decrement to be taken off the field length limit or whatever limit was most limiting on your performance ( climb, V1 mcg, obstacle) in your case it seems the V1 was it.
3.In checking all these you then have a PMC off performance limit weight which with the deecrements applied gives you a buffer in the same way that a derated thrust calculation should give you a buffer ( we use 6 degrees which equates to about 300 metres normal ops. )
4. Practically you understand that the PMC assists the MEC to adjust fuel flow to maintain commanded n1 however as both Pmcs are turned off you will get a slight overboost in thrust as you take off and accelerate down the runway. The overboost combined with the weight based margins make the higher V1 RTO valid without need for further adustment.
Ps I cannot find a limit for PMC off takeoffs on contaminated RW in our OPS but I am not at work.

I think there will be a difference in min V1 because the uk has an allowance for an unfavorable 5 knot xwind and we dont.

You should then find as increase in min v1 ( ours is 2 knots)

LEM
18th Feb 2007, 17:47
Boeing Master Mel doesn't say operations are not allowed on contaminated rwys without PMC, the only restriction is NO REDUCED THRUST.