PDA

View Full Version : Mission M106 Aircraft

Arclite01
2nd Feb 2007, 19:45
Hi

When I return to UK I am seriously considering buying one of these to replace my old piper cub which I sold before leaving for NZ.

Anyone got any experience of the aircraft or the company ?

Comments much appreciated.

See http://www.lambert-aircraft.com/eng/indexEN.htm if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Arc

Arclite01
5th Feb 2007, 06:15
That a big 'No' then..... ?

Rod1
5th Feb 2007, 07:39
I flew the 4 seater some time ago. The people were very friendly and full of plans to sell lots of aircraft and get serious production volume. The aircraft was restricted to two seats and had a lot of things which were to be changed in the production version.

I was helping to advise a friend who was interested in buying one. I advised him not to go for the aircraft until at least 50 were under construction and he could fly a “finished production” version and talk to a number of builders. The aircraft appears to have vanished since and the hype has moved to the M106 which I know nothing about but appears to be entering a very congested market sector.

Rod1

TheGorrilla
5th Feb 2007, 23:28
Dude. Get yourself another Cub.

Arclite01
6th Feb 2007, 03:47
I love the Cub (I really do), but I really wanted something newer with similar capabilities and just as easy to maintain when I get back from NZ.

Also like the side by side rather than the tandem if poss but without a yoke - stick much better

This looked like an interesting bit of kit in the bracket I was considering.

That was all

cheers

Arc

Joe le Taxi
6th Feb 2007, 07:08
Best thing about it is the UL260i engine - very nice piece of kit, and I don't think any other airframes have been designed to take it yet.

I think the M106 is being PFA'd but I cant remember by whom.

UL Power
5th Apr 2009, 22:47
Yes there are. Lots of types being fitted with the engine. Escapade being one of them.

See here for some of the types being fittted with this engine and for other versions of the engine too.

ULPower : Aircraft Installations (http://www.ulpower.com/installations.htm)

Regards
Mark
Escapade UL260i G-POZA

Discorde
9th Sep 2009, 16:43
I liked the look of the M106 as a replacement for my J3C - it does what the Cub does on not much more than half the fuel (although of course I'll be very sad to see the Cub go) and wing-folding will reduce hangarage/storage costs, especially if it can be easily trailered.

Strangely, the manufacturers (Lambert) do not speedily reply to emails for info & their English representative seems to be uncontactable, which doesn't send out the right signals to potential buyers. The link to download the price list isn't working either.

Shame - it looks like a useful piece of kit. Can anyone suggest other alternatives?

DBo
10th Sep 2009, 23:00
Take a look at the Reality Aircraft Escapade. It can be fitted with a Jabiru, Rotax or UL260i engine and is a side-by side Cub-style aircraft. The wing fold is fast and convincing and Reality Aircraft seem to tow their demonstrator all over the place.

Dave

Discorde
12th Sep 2009, 10:18
Thanx DBo. The Escapade is only available in kit form, with a quoted build time of 500-600 hours. As someone who hates DIY, that's not an option for me.

CJ Driver
1st Oct 2009, 12:44
I apologise for only noticing this thread nearly three years after it started, but for my 2p worth, Lambert Aircraft are great guys to do business with.

Sadly, I have not bought one of their aircraft, even though the M106 is almost certainly the cutest "toy" airplane of its type - I still secretly plan to get one. Like many similar aviation businesses they also do mainstream commercial work which they freely admit is far more profitable - that's how I know them - but they still prefer doing the fun stuff.:ok:

I agree that their web site updates don't seem to be much of a priority - "Events" seems to end in 2007, although I can assure you they were exhibiting at Aero Expo in 2009! You could try just phoning them - since they are Cranfield graduates you will find their English is impeccable.