PDA

View Full Version : aer arann recruitment.

CarbHeatIn
15th Feb 2006, 14:48
Aer Arann has increased the price to EUR 25 000 for the ATR Rating.

Apparently this is in response to the operator losing several pilots to jet operators recently.

Strange response as now guys/gals will be in more of a rush to get the big bucks elsewhere and will be on their way asap.

Surely a bonding period would make more sense.

Suddenly, Ryanair doesn't look so bad:eek:

dartagnan
15th Feb 2006, 19:50
training will cost more in the futur...
today 25000, tomorrow 26000.

they are not interested to bond you, they dont have the money.

FLEXPWR
18th Feb 2006, 16:38
REA don't have the money? I thought the financial reports from last year were showing the big boss pocketing a big fat salary after all the profit they made...
I dunno, maybe they think if Ryanair can charge pilots that much, they can do the same... shame though, the ATR is a neat type to start with, but at this price, might as well be a jet!

I believe REA is introducing (has?) a second officer's pay scheme. If that is the case, hope new pilots have a second job during their time off to pay their bills!

FLX

A320rider
18th Feb 2006, 19:40
mmmhh!, carrefour, a french grocery market 'director got 50 millions of euro for his retirement, the cashiers didnt get 1% salary increase, they said: we do not have money!

atr42500
19th Feb 2006, 01:19
. If that is the case, hope new pilots have a second job during their time off to pay their bills!
FLX

I think it is already the case as people get moved around the different bases and they don t get much flying , so they cant afford to pay for second rent and have to work elsewhere , that sounds like ryanair :mad:

TwoDeadDogs
19th Feb 2006, 02:33
Hi all
Right now, having lost more than ten pilots lately,even to other ATR operators, Arran are hurting for pilots! The existing crews are very busy,especially the remaining Trg. Captains.Easyjet are even rumoured to be encouraging new arrivals from Arran to bring their mates over.Arran are cutting off their nose to spite their faces by having a short-sighted recruitment policy.The current starting pay for new F/Os is E25K and flight pay, not much cop when the SSTR will cost you the same amount! New pilots had better work on their Manx.
regards
TDD

FireFoxDown
19th Feb 2006, 12:23
they are not interested to bond you, they dont have the money.
So is this just a once off transfer of the whole amount and will they help source the finance for it? And considering they are doubling their fleet over the coming months are they likely to consider someone with a fresh fATPL from one of the larger integrated schools?
Thanks! :ok:

MJR
20th Feb 2006, 08:37
So if they are losing pilots to Easy, and they are expanding their fleet why is that I can't even get an interview, 1000 hours + ATR type rating? Huh!

Surely they cant tell if you are ugly from an application form.

TTFN

MJR

MVE
20th Feb 2006, 08:59
If you mugs insist on buying a job what do you expect? I have no sympathy for you! :mad: ers!!!!

corsair
3rd Apr 2006, 13:10
Anyone know anything about the hiring requirements for Aer Arann Islands. You know the branch of Aer Arann that flies to the Aran Islands in well..... Islanders.

michaelknight
3rd Apr 2006, 18:49
At least an excess of 1500 hours with multi engine rating an IR. Not sure if they are recruiting at the moment but I'm sure there is no harm in trying.

Jinkster
4th Apr 2006, 13:49
I applied - sent CV, about 2months ago and have not heard anything. Probably helps if your Irish.

corsair
4th Apr 2006, 22:35
Thanks for that. I imagine it helps even more if you can speak Irish :( I suppose it's worth a try.

-8AS
5th Apr 2006, 08:58
Just so that readers know, Aer Arann recruits through one source and the Islander operation is a little 'closed shop' with most people getting jobs being friends of those allready employed. Still, worth giving it a go you never know what may come of a phone call or two. Ever considered a short brake in Ireland - why not go over for a trip to the Arann Islands and talk to the pilots!

clarityinthemurk
5th Apr 2006, 11:51
"Just so that readers know, Aer Arann recruits through one source "

So who do you suggest is that single source?

dlav
5th Apr 2006, 12:50
Well as far as I know, OAT have sent a few. I doubt that would be their only source tho.

-8AS, What source do they normally recruit from?

Cheers
dlav

michaelknight
6th Apr 2006, 10:48
I think people are getting confused. Aer Arann and Aer Arann Islands are two seperate companies. Aer Arann Islands are a small operation flying Islanders to the Arann Islands off the west coast of Ireland. I somehow doubt that they consider OAT low hour guys as this company is a single crew VFR operation. You need a minimum of 800 hours I think as per JAR regulation.

Aer Arann on the other hand operate a fleet of ATR's on domestic and european flights and are completely seperate. They consider cadets from all schools including OAT and the like.

Just my two cents worth. May help to avoid the confusion.

dlav
6th Apr 2006, 12:34
Ah ok that would explain it then. Sorry for the confusion! :)

corsair
9th Apr 2006, 21:38
Yes I think it's pretty much as 8AS says. Pilots are probably recruited on personal recommendations from other pilots. I guess if you have experience of something similar somewhere you have a better chance.

Actually you don't really have to be Irish. I have seen English and French pilots work for them. In fact their first pilot was British. He wrote a fascinating book about the subject. Ironically I think it may be harder to get into the Islander operation than the ATR's.

wingedwilliam
11th May 2006, 12:43
Hi there!

Would anyone have some updated info on Aer Arann FO recruitment policy? I was advised not to use the application form on their website but to contact them directly... I haven't been very successful so far!

It seems that they've just recruited quite a lot of pilots recently, some of them were not type rated on the ATR. Do they prefer to train pilots themselves or do they still hire already type-rated F/Os (with no hours on type)?

Thanks in advance!

WW

IMC007
11th May 2006, 13:11
I think you'll find that they have recently taken on a number of ex Air Wales ATR pilots.

WX Man
11th May 2006, 21:04
Let's say not type rated. What do you have to be to get noticed by Arann? 250h total or 250h ME?

jumbo-clingfilm
12th May 2006, 07:48
and an Irish licence probably !

captwannabe
12th May 2006, 13:45
and an Irish licence probably !

That shouldn't make any difference as it is the same as any JAA licence. But, as an Irish airline they probably would prefer to hire Irish people.

T668BFJ
12th May 2006, 16:33
Actually in respect of Irish licence / JAA Licence, it does make a difference.

The state in which your JAA Licence was issued does matter to many airlines and authorities that they are under.

The UK/CAA and the IAA generally there are no issues but the airlines for the purposes of tracking and paperwork preffer to keep all pilots on same state of licence issue.

captwannabe
12th May 2006, 17:57
T668BFJ,

I see your point. But, I'm guessing that most people who apply for Aer Arann would have IAA or CAA issued licences since most of their pilots are Irish or British. Also, a lot of Irish wannabes are going abroad for training, and will usually end up with CAA licences. Anyway, it shouldn't be any trouble getting a licence from the IAA if you are already qualified in a different country.

WX Man
12th May 2006, 19:49
Where do AA have bases? I'm assuming they will prefer Irish guys and gals if all their bases are in Eire. If they have bases in the UK, I'll add this one to my list of "targets".

(clocked 900 hours today, last 300 of which Multi Engine and last 200 of that Multi Crew. Need to get out of this before I reach 1000!)

TolTol
12th May 2006, 23:40
Dublin, Cork, Galway, Isle of Man. Any others?

sir sank
19th May 2006, 17:53
They also have a Luton Base:D where there putting all the queens of the company:p Im Danish, unfortunately,but managed to get a job with them.
Hope this helps.
Sir Sank

speedrestriction
19th May 2006, 21:00
I recently went to Dublin Airport walked up to the Atrium (is it supposed to be restricted?) and handed in a C.V. to reception as there was nobody there to talk to me. I recieved a note in the post three days later thanking me for my C.V. but informing me that they accept applications through their website only Either way I haven't heard anything since which is a shame because I really want to work for them.

Who knows, maybe one day....

sr

flyingdog
27th Sep 2006, 21:08
Hi Guys !
I am looking for some info regarding the interview with Aer Arann for non type rated pilots ... what kind of questions ? I know they ask to describe the experience to date and background but what about some technical questions ?

VFE
28th Sep 2006, 15:30
Just asked a mate your question....

Gen up on turbo prop engines and icing. But they could ask anything....

VFE.

mach daddy
30th Jan 2007, 20:48
Hi Boys and girls.
Anyone have any idea when aer arann might be recruiting again? Maybe Mid 2007?Would also be interested to hear from any low houred people who have recently been through the interview process with arann/city/aer lingus.Thanks!

genius747
21st Mar 2007, 16:54
Hi gang, I will be going for interview & sim assessment with Aer Arann shortly and I would very much appreciate any information regarding their interview process, any previous questions asked at their interview, what the interviewers really concentrate on, questions asked etc etc..
Also any info on the sim assessment, such as which airport its out of, what they ask of you in the sim etc etc..
Thanks for any kind advice.
G74

ICING AOA
21st Mar 2007, 17:42
If you have already a type rating, they won't ask you many technical questions, the interview will be very relax, with typical questions ( why do you want to join us ? where did you study? etc...).
If you are not type rated, they will ask you basic ATPL questions (meteo, perf, OPS, principle of flight, mass and balance, etc).
If you are successful at the interview, you will be invited to a sim ride, in an oldfashion B732 flight simlator. At this stage, you have to bring the vaseline, because it might be very painful :ouch:
You will have a 20 minutes technical breifing with the head of training or the chief pilot, so you will have to learn in 10 seconds (or less :eek: ) all the parameters, speeds, flaps and gear configuration, call outs, etc.
In theory there is no big deal in the sim. take off, radar vector towards an NDB, holding, and radar vector to an ILS approach. then, if you still have time, you will have to make a go around and a fullstop landing.
You will do that as both PF, and as PNF.
This simulator is crap, and it is quite hard to fly it !
If you did not make it, you will kindly be asked to go back home ASAP ! :sad:
If you made it, they will then give you a date to go down to Toulouse for the OPC.
Be aware that they do fail lots of people in the sim during the OPC at Toulouse ! :bored:
And some people during the line training as well :\ .

Anyway, have fun in the sim ! :E

All the best !

ICING AOA

Headinclouds
22nd Mar 2007, 19:54
Hey Jan, how are things?

genius747
2nd Apr 2007, 19:32
Hi all,

Any feedback out there on the Arann sim check? any Non precision approaches?
Any info at all.

Thanks

The Flying Cokeman
22nd Apr 2007, 16:56
Icing AOA,
I don't know where you have those scary stories from :eek:
I once flew for them for some years as a capt. and I never heard of any failing their opc/LPC. There has been a couple who failed their command upgrade and 1 or 2 F/O's during their line training which is not unsual but certainly not as many as you are saying.
In fact they are so stuck for pilots that if you have licence you are almost there ;)
TFCM

ICING AOA
22nd Apr 2007, 20:41
Send an email to Brendan C., he must have lots of nasty stories to tell you :E :ok: