PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Performance Data

evauoz
25th Jan 2007, 09:12
Hi,

Presently I am doing my project and I require data of aircrafts (fighter, transport or propeller) for
***velocity, wing area, weight, aspect ratio, oswald coeff, cdo, thrust specific fuel consumption, thrust****

I need ALL of the above listed data for as many aircrafts as possible for my fyp. I have searched online and several books for these data but all of them only have partial of the data i required as I need ALL of the above mentioned.

Anyone of you have any idea where to get the COMPLETE data of the above mentioned variables for as many jet-engine aircrafts? Thank you very much in advance.

McAero
27th Jan 2007, 03:37
I have a sneaky feeling a lot of the data you're asking for may be proprietrary data depending on the manufacturer. Maybe someone will correct me on this....

mutt
28th Jan 2007, 16:36
You need to get your hands on a Boeing Performance Engineers Manual, it will have the most accurate information that is available to the public.

Good Luck

Mutt

Sinbad_633
28th Jan 2007, 21:22
McAero is right. CDo and efficiency factors are proprietary data. No manufacturer gives that stuff out. I had a similar problem when I was doing my project for my degree.

The geometrical terms you can get pretty easily from Jane’s or even Wikipedia.

For the aero terms I suggest you will have to estimate them with empirical methods.