PDA

View Full Version : Beech 76

powdermonkey
20th Jan 2007, 14:24
Hey folks, just wanted to know if anyone knew what the minimum oil requirements are for the Duchess? It isn't in the POH and as I am close to finishing my multi-ir, I know it's one of the fav. questions asked by one of our examiners..........so I would like to have an answer for him. Does anyone know? Max is 8 quartz a side, but I cannot find it on the Beech Aircraft Corp web site. Any official source out there?
Thanks, help appreciated
Powders:ugh:

haughtney1
20th Jan 2007, 17:35
Go and look at the engine manufacturers website, the Duchy from memory is IO-360 powered, so perhaps a visit to there:ok:

4 1/2 from memory:ok:

powdermonkey
20th Jan 2007, 19:08
Cheers, never thought of looking up the Lycoming website................thanks

Oktas8
20th Jan 2007, 19:56
A POH that doesn't tell you how to check the aircraft is safe to fly??? Minimum oil will certainly be in the POH, although often it is hard to find. (One would think it would be under Limitations, but it never is.)

There are many variants of Lycoming's O360. For example one variant uses min oil 2 qts, another with which I'm familiar uses min oil 4 qts. So you'd have to be careful of the manufacturer's website. Personally, I would not go there.

Try firstly Section 4, instructions on how to preflight the aircraft.
If no joy, try Section 7, description of the aircraft and engines.
If still no joy, ask your instructor to tell you where to find it.

It's good you're looking this up, because after the examiner asks "how much is minimum oil" (a trivial question) may come the real question "where do you find that information"?

Good luck with the IR,
O8

powdermonkey
21st Jan 2007, 08:29
Hi O8, I assure you it is not in the POH, I have looked in Limitations and in Systems, even searched through the Handling,Service,Maintenance section, and it is not in pre-flight ( normal ops section)- no mention of minimum oil requirements. I did look at the Lycoming Website, but no joy.........I'll simply ask our maintenance engineer, but it would have been brownie points to tell my examiner I sourced the info from an official source:8
Well I guess it is official if the engineer tells me!!
It may have been an oversight when they printed the POH for that model?

Oktas8
22nd Jan 2007, 08:02
Well, you've certainly looked thoroughly. You could I suppose ask the engineer to show you where minimum oil is written - that would be your official source perhaps.

Cheers,
O8