PDA

View Full Version : How much is AVGAS in Jersey?

Balbriggancc
18th Jan 2007, 02:15
Anyone know how much per litre for AVgas in Jersey?? :confused:

Bravo73
18th Jan 2007, 08:11
Have you tried calling the airport? :rolleyes: Contact details in Pooley's, pg319.

But because I'm so nice, here's the 'Admin' number: 01534 492266. :ok:

welkyboy
18th Jan 2007, 19:59
About 75ppltr at moment, Fixed till the end of the month.

scooter boy
23rd Jan 2007, 21:55
71p today with AOPA discount.

Fill her up my good man!

SB

Tall_guy_in_a_152
24th Jan 2007, 12:56
Look it up on www.airnav.com

Only in the USA, unless I'm missing something? The Jersey in question is in Europe (part of the British Isles near France).

There are infrequently updated UK fuel prices at the Hangar (http://www.thehangar.co.uk/fuel/fuel.shtml)

18greens
24th Jan 2007, 20:28
Doeas anyone know why it is so cheap. I know they don't tax it but since uk avgas is taxed at 28ppl that does not account for the other 30p (assuming UK fuel is 125ppl) and the UK fuel does not need to be shipped by sea.

A and C
25th Jan 2007, 07:15
I think that the 28ppl is the duty and then the UK goverment add 17.5% VAT this might account for this.

Yes I know a tax that is taxed!!!!

scooter boy
25th Jan 2007, 13:56
Tax on tax - almost as iniquitous as inheritance tax.

Being greedy about tax lost us the USA only a relatively short while ago.

When will those politicians learn,

I'm off to live in Jersey now, (low income tax, no inheritance tax and most importantly - cheap avgas!!)

Bye,

SB :ok: (Just paid my tax bill - can you tell?)

stray10level
26th Jan 2007, 00:26
Scooter Boy,
If your'e going to be crossing all that water on a regular basis i suggest you trade the Mooney for a Cessna 337! Or any other twin that can manage safe flight on one engine without much drama. I had one and it was quite an eye opener to take off and immediately fail the critical engine(rear) and still climb away, albeit at only 300ft/min, without fuss or drama. Fuel bill may go up a bit, but hey if your'e on Jersey then who gives a s%&t? Get the one with long range tanks and fill it up and drop off your surplus fuel to us hard done by mainlanders!
What puzzles me though, is what a high flying(scuse the pun)cosmo surgeon is doing living in Plymouth? Not exactly the south of France, or anywhere south for that matter, is it? I think you will be much better off in Jersey.