PDA

View Full Version : when to start ME training?

acuba 290
14th Jan 2007, 22:44
one question. I have at the moment nly 20h PIC and 38h dual. In next couple of weeks i will be in USA and just looking for prices of ME aircraft...I know, that to apply for ME rating i need 70h PIC, but can i take one hour training with instructor on Beechcraft 76 Duchess ) just for fun to get ME-feeling) and later, wenn is enought PIC time and i'll do ME training also count this hour towards ME training or i can't even start this training with such small experience?

acuba 290
15th Jan 2007, 08:45
Assuming this is a continuation of your Night Qualification thread and this is regarding your JAA license, then you will not be able to have an hour "training" with a US FAA instructor. You could have a 1 hour 'introductory flight' but it cannot be logged in your log book as training if done by a FAA instructor - for similar reasons to those that have already been explained regarding your NQ question. It's your country's regulations that you need to follow and not FAA regs.

As with your night ratiing, you could go to Anglo American and probably do an hour ME as they are CAA approved and that would probably count in your log book as training but you should check your local regs to find out the rules specific to your license.

thanx.already contacted Anglo American;)

S-Works
15th Jan 2007, 11:08
thanx.already contacted Anglo American;)

If I were you I would try and get a bit of SEP time under your belt first. At your level of experiance a twin is real handful and you would just be wasting your money on the flight.

There are reasons why minima are set for these ratings......

acuba 290
15th Jan 2007, 14:17
wasting your money on the flight

wasting money if i'll do this adventure in Europe;) It cost fly cheaper than SE in Germany or Estonia :)

littco
15th Jan 2007, 14:44
Also think you would be better off flying a complex single such as the Piper Arrow or Cessna RG first. By doing this you will have a good understanding and handling knowledge of the complex aircraft and the use of the variable pitch prop and retractable undercarriage. Then when you've done you're conversion onto that, the move onto the Twin wont be as difficult or daunting.. Hate to say it but "learn to walk before you can run"