PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of starting a group - Blackbushe

Hampshire Hog
5th Jan 2007, 22:59
Hi All,

Having finished my PPL at BAFC back in June, I've started to think about setting up a new group at EGLK. The aim would be to find about 8-10 interested pilots, then find a suitable aircraft. I trained on the PA28, but would happily consider a PA38 or an AA5. My feeling is a Cessna may require too much conversion training, but I am happy to be advised. I would look for each to put in capital of £5-8k, but some of that would clearly be spent on ensuring any aircraft purchased was thoroughly up-to-scratch at the start - using someone really reputable. A safe, decent looking aircraft is the objective - one I wouldn't be ashamed to take a non-flying wife up in!

I'm a lawyer by training, so happy to do the organising, but a group with good mixed skills would be helpful - as would one with people who have different usage patterns!

I have searched and read what the search engine brought up on forming groups, but any advice or expressions of interest would be welcome.

If costs deem necessary, I would consider basing at Popham, but Blackbushe would be preferable - because of the hard runway.

Thanks in advance for any constructive comments.

HH

Martin @ EGLK
7th Jan 2007, 18:40
HH,

I know of a share for sale. Check your PMs

Martin

Pitts2112
7th Jan 2007, 22:12
No real cross-training required to go from PA28 to C172 except you don't climb onto the wing to get in. Take you a couple of hours at the most to get the feel of it. Don't let that stop you. Just because you trained on a PA28 doesn't mean you have to fly only that for the rest of your life. Consider this as a chance to spread your wings a bit if the opportunity presents itself.

Cheers,

Pitts2112

Hampshire Hog
8th Jan 2007, 16:28
Many thanks to both. I would also consider joining an established group and, yes, I will consider the Cessna if it's that easy!

Cheers

HH

Pianorak
8th Jan 2007, 18:31
Perhaps this (http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=28381) might suit. (I am not connected with it and know nothing about it.)

oby
8th Jan 2007, 18:46
No real cross-training required to go from PA28 to C172 except you don't climb onto the wing to get in.

i cant agree more....i'm halfway through my PPL and took out a 172R for a spin in Aus...(norm being a PA28)

imho, the 172 isnt as responsive....but the view is better (looking down!) and boy is it nice to have the little luxeries (like 2 doors and electric flaps)

Hampshire Hog
8th Jan 2007, 21:34
Thanks again. I'm already onto the PA28. If the 172 is really that easy, I'll give it some serious thought. I'm not too bothered about the high wing, but I am a fan of easy landing characteristics and docile handling (especially in the stall - which slightly puts me of the PA38 Tom)

HH

Baron Von Mildred
14th Jan 2007, 23:40
We have 1/10th shares available in the Ikarus C42 £5995 & shortly WT9 Dynamic £7995. These are based at Chiltern Air Park near Reading. They are both 2 seaters that will out perform the Tomahawk and cost much less to operate. Look here: http://www.chiltern.aero

You can fly these on your JAR PPL/NPPL with only differences training. As there are virtually no differences this amounts to a check out with the instructor.

Saffer
15th Jan 2007, 14:40
Hampshire Hog,

Have sent you a PM.....

Rgds,

Saffer

PoppyPilot
6th Feb 2007, 12:18
Hiya,

Was just wondering how you are getting on setting up a flying group at Blackbushe.

I passed my PPL there in October 06 and have hardly flown since (weather and circumstances). My husband has a share in a Cirrus SR20 and SR 22 kept there but obviously they are far too sophisticated for me to fly. I learnt in an AA5 with Cabair but am considering some lessons in the PA 28.

Regards

flyer58uk
4th Mar 2007, 15:26
A group is looking to put in a PA28, G-JADJ, into LK for sharing.
You just buy in the hours you want to fly, I am looking only to buy in 15, but finding someone similar then we would get the 30 hour rate if we shared, every penny helps!!!
Anyone interested!!!!!:):)

Hampshire Hog
15th Mar 2007, 16:09
Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.

I managed to find a private non-equity group with a really nice PA28 - commitment to fly 12hrs/year at a reasonable rate.

I think there may be one or two more vacancies if anyone is interested. PM me and I'll pass on your details to the guy who runs the group.

HH

flyingsteve55
16th Mar 2007, 14:17
PoppyPilot - were you and husband on the Cabair school trip to Caen in April 06?

Blackbushe Flyer
17th Mar 2007, 11:19
Re HH's post
I operate said PA28 group - that is now full but possibility exists that a C172 may soon be available at EGLK.

P.M me for more details.

BF

Trinity 09L
17th Mar 2007, 19:29
I have knowledge of a 1/10th at a 172 group at EGLK. PM for more if required.

PoppyPilot
18th Mar 2007, 17:06
Hiya,

Yes we were on that very eventful school trip!!

and you ....

best wishes

flyingsteve55
19th Mar 2007, 12:56
Yes was there - did the aero's in the CAP10 on the Sunday - great stuff.