PDA

View Full Version : Midex Airlines (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Earl
25th Sep 2012, 01:40
Its much more to this than changing our contracts before they expire or not even paying us correctly on the new contract or under UAE labor laws.
This company is dangerous and should have been shut down long ago.
The GCAA suspended the AOC before, Mudex just became better at hiding things from them.
Yet this C/P was in the newspaper complaining because he did not receive his end of service benefits under UAE labor law.

noorex
25th Sep 2012, 17:45
nobody made you your lack of integrity did.

acer231
26th Sep 2012, 11:01
They have 3 classics. Dont know how many are serviceable as of today, but usually 2 are down for some serious maintenance issues. Shows the quality of their maintenance. Last June they parked the A-300s and fired all the crews instead of transitioning them to the 74. The company did not follow UAE labor laws concerning treatment of employees, and was shut down in the past for violation of GCAA rules. :E

CaliforniaDreamer123
1st Oct 2012, 10:10
"Are you kidding me ? You were forced ? You mean there was a gun to your head and the flight deck was pirated ? 1. You are the very reason Midex gets away with the sh** they do because you fly it. 2. If airlines know they can get away with doing very dirty things and all they need is a pilot willing to do it, it brings the integrity, honesty, safety and value of a pilot down to the worth of nothing. You sir, are at the bottom of that pile. I guess it was ok for you to do all that while you were getting a paycheck, but the minute you were able to move on, only then did it become complete rubbish, hind sight and worthy of the truth and only then would you comment about it on Prune. And by admiting all of this on here, you think that clears your conscious and makes you a better person ? Hardly. At least you created a facade name to post it. Clever yes, but still a ****."

Sassy, you have no idea what you're talking about. I had a family and I had responsibilites, that is why I had to stick to that job. Trust me, I never said it was ok for me to do that, in fact, I even expressed my concerns to McLane and Casey. But no actions taken. I even refused to fly on a couple of missions, but then I had the "privilege" of getting reprimanded by Assaad and George for refusing. A man who has a family and responsibilities has no other choice, especially cause I know the financial pain that midex will put you through if you try to leave before your contract expires. In the end, I had to wait till my contract expired. Don't try to act like you are above everyone. I never said posting all these comments here will make me a better person, stop putting words in my mouth.

In conclusion, you can never put yourself in my shoes, so kindly keep your self-righteous, sanctimonious BS to yourself.

a350_b787
1st Oct 2012, 12:51
Just an Info

3 of Midex A300 are now scrapped at Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies.

Earl
2nd Oct 2012, 02:40
Looking back on this and knowing what happened there.
A A300 Captain died,
Yet his ex company Atlas had to fly his remains home.
Some said the were waiting in the insurance from a French company.
If the Doc had really give a **** this would have never been a question on who pays or transported the remains.
But what else can we expect from ones like these?

CaliforniaDreamer123
2nd Oct 2012, 07:48
Sassy, I honestly don't know what your problem is. I am in no way disagreeing with anything you are saying. Just like how I don't have the right to pass judgement on you, you don't have the right to pass judgements on my decisions and my life. Yes, I stand by my comment, you don't understand the reasons why I stuck with midex, and I do not wish to discuss them or disclose them.

You have no right to say that "The only reason Midex gets away with their s@%t is because you fly their planes", the circumstances are such that you don't have any other options. Nobody is crying a river here, I am replying to the comments of others, and I never said your grievances are lesser than mine or vice versa. Just don't go about telling people that they are the cause of a problem, when you don't know what they are going through. How can you say I was at the "bottom of the pile" ?? You don't even know me.

I'm sorry for everything you had to go through, but stop acting like a freaking troll.

Earl
3rd Oct 2012, 02:11
Well no matter how we slam each other here, at least we all agree on one thing.
Midex is a bottom feeding outfit that does not pay.

FlyByWire1
3rd Oct 2012, 12:58
:ugh:.... Lesson learnt from this company ... the hard way... listen to the guys on the forum. Or experience it for yourself if you don't believe it.

Earl
14th Oct 2012, 03:38
Good post TJ and Sassey.
Midex thought they could run a company treating crew members like they were from some 3rd world country.
Did not have to pay them correctly, always changing the contracts, saying we know you don't have any other jobs to go to, its us or nothing.
Then the FTDL or MEL, well that don't apply to us as we are different, we don't have to follow the UAE GCAA regs.
Yet they lost the AOC because of this, and still they tried to push it more after they got the suspension lifted.
The village idiot Hotel manager HR man was constantly threatening pilots. this was not his area,
Actually he was about the least intelligent one there, definitely not the sharpest pencil in the box.
But he was a relative of the owner,Apple does not fall far from the tree now does it.
You only have to live this type job once, and realize its all bad news, lies and deceit, non payment for due salary, threats and intimidation for questioning any limits that you know full well are not correct.
There are better jobs out there, like TJ said,
I have even seen Haj operations run better than this.

theXfactor
14th Oct 2012, 04:28
Funny how TJ Bootlicker used to say Midex was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now, after he ran in the middle of the night, he says Midex was horrible. If you look up hippocrite in the dictionary you might just see Bootlicker's picture.
We all hope you have retired from aviation.

Earl is correct about the little goat known as AssAss.
Typically, people hire family so they won't still from the company. Well, by having AssAss there, it would have been alot cheaper if someone WAS STEALING.

How many companies out there have had their catering delivered from a gas station. Until I worked for this dump, I never thought it would happen.
Apparently my per diem was supposed to be used to provide catering for myself.

Earl
14th Oct 2012, 06:07
Yes I remember the piss poor cheap ass catering
But also remember no water being provided on the airplane, they complained it cost too much.
Remember many times on the ramp in DXB and SHJ, 40 degree temps everyone soaking wet with sweat, log book pages and performance pages sticking together, every ones shirt soaked with sweat. no water available.
They did improve on the water after a while and so many complaints.
Catering was still gas station bought, as they said normal catering cost too much and really I believe probably not approved for flight crews, as anyone could put bad things in all the food.
If you had not shxt in a few days it did help.
Remember a UK captain showed them in the GCAA regs they had to provide this.
The owner said I pay them 40 USA a day for food, why should i provide catering and water on the aircraft
Another village idiot.
Midex he stated was to be the fedex of the middle east.
Probably mistaken and sucking too much camel milk from the forbidden areas of the camel.

classicpilot
20th Nov 2012, 08:04
From Midex Ex-crew
Midex Airlines filed a false claim against the Sultan of Oman's 747-SP captain. The captain was stopped in Dubai airport & told he had to pay $46,000 to Midex. When the Sultan of Oman got involved, they discovered the truth & he was allowed entry with plenty of apologies :O. When this captain was employed by Midex they falsely used his name on the aircraft's logbook to create the illusion he had flown the aircraft because the captain was out of duty time. Whilst this happened he was at home on his days off. After this incident he resigned but as usual Midex got upset & got their grubby little lawyer to lie.
Looking forward to hearing how Midex's next flight into Oman goes.

fergineer
20th Nov 2012, 21:08
Good old Sultan Qaboos that will teach them a lesson......Hope they do try to get into Oman that would be interesting.

Earl
21st Nov 2012, 00:34
And the GCAA still allows then to operate and hold an AOC.
A good and legal GCAA would have shut them down long ago along with an honest UAE labor commission.
How many more proven documents and cases have to be shown before they do the correct action?
Wait until some smoking hole from an accident?
Bet heads will roll then!
Just hope the heads that roll are not the crews, the owner and management ones have had this coming for a long time.

theXfactor
5th Dec 2012, 19:33
TJ Bootlicker,

I see you like to threaten via the internet….(but the mods intervened and removed your post).
Much like the real coward you are.

If Midex was such a great place to work, you would not have departed as you did. Now you want to parse semantics but your actions say otherwise.

If you would have shut your gob long enough at the "Cigar Club" you would know exactly who I am. I actually told you one night but your ego and loud mouth would not let you comprehend what I was telling you. I guess subtlety is a skill above your lowbrow mental prowess.

I had the manly fortitude to stand up for what I believe in and I left in the proper manner. The same cannot be said for you as you pulled a Dexy's Midnight Runner. Action speak louder than words and that is something you never have seem to have learned even at your advanced age.

Again, aviation is a better place without the dregglings of the world such as you.

ita_198
28th Jan 2013, 14:22
what amazing silence, maybe midex has really become a nice place to work...

3pointlanding
1st Feb 2013, 17:52
Having work in the world's largest cat little box, I doubt very much if anything has changed. People just get tired of writing about it. Places such as MidEx is a repository for those at the end of their career with no place to go and those just starting with low time and questionable resume's

Earl
4th Feb 2013, 06:11
You have to look at the whole pic there and then judge past and present.
Management also.
If you go there as recent 747 qualified just recurrent sim check , they will slam you to the wall if you leave short of 1 year.
Claiming they paid all your training cost.
Which we all now is a joke.
Duty days and FLT limitations mean nothing.
All will be hiding from the CAA as before.
Still to this day Midex Airlines has not paid us according to our contracts or UAE labor regulations.
No matter if you complete the contract or how you leave
.Bottom line Midex does not pay!
warning stay away.

ita_198
28th May 2013, 14:05
How is Midex going, still in ops to Afghanistan?

atlast
31st May 2013, 18:10
Just saw them at Camp Bastion today

airtraveller
13th Jun 2013, 00:19
Is Midex downsizing their operations?
Some of the crew have been let off recently and there seems to be less news of their operations nowadays????

WhaleDriver
22nd Jun 2013, 01:09
They're still plodding along. Saw a classic at KDH today.

Dengue_Dude
22nd Jun 2013, 06:44
I think the pertinent question in all that I have read above, ignoring the rhetoric, really is :

How is this company deemed fit by the UAE to hold an AOC?

acer231
29th Jun 2013, 10:49
We heard that Midex had shut down. Any truth to that.

ita_198
1st Jul 2013, 12:20
they're getting closer n closer but still there...

Earl
16th Jul 2013, 03:44
Many of us hope soon shut down, they never paid us.
As we had out contracts forcefully changed many times.
Upon exit final check out they never paid us until this day our end of service money, or vacation time off earned required under UAE labor laws.
The HR manager really abuses you on final checkout there, like he is really somebody important!
Could not beat his way out of a wet paper bag if required, but he tries to intimated pilots,
Told me you either sign now or you get nothing.
I hope I see him in the USA one day as I did not fully understand him well will ask for further explanation!
:O

AIRBAKE
31st Aug 2013, 15:07
:ok::ok:Did you leave or are you still there?:D

AIRBAKE
31st Aug 2013, 15:09
Where are you right now? :=

newscaster
23rd Jul 2015, 16:31
So have they shut down?

Need to Know Basis
4th Aug 2015, 15:45
Midex ceaased operations today 4th AUG 2015. I was shocked they were still about ?

Eitherway it has stopped operating.

A300PFE
5th Aug 2015, 03:13
I left MIDEX back in Sept 2011. I made some great friends and flew with some great pilots under very hard conditions. I was a defender of MIDEX in the past but to things i thought was incorrect. but i also spoke up to management and in the end got screwed like everyone else. If anyone is wondering or cares this is Terry Gallaher. We all had some very entertaining discussions here. wish everyone the best.

theXfactor
21st Aug 2015, 22:51
Wonder what other scams the habitual lying doctor has gotten himself into now?

After reading some of the previous post, this goes out to TJ Bootlicker.....the only standing up he has ever done is to immediately bend over and grab his ankles, voluntarily.

classicpilot
23rd Nov 2015, 06:12
Midex ends air cargo ops while court backs Martinair plan (http://theloadstar.co.uk/all-cargo-midex-airlines-folds-its-wings-while-court-backs-martinair-restructure/)

I love the part about management not knowing their business despite having millions of dollars to use. Karma is divine, thank you Allah.
I wonder where Arsehol Assad is, back as hotel receptionist?

2Bad2Sad
9th Dec 2015, 07:43
Yes , many happy faces this one gone.
What happened Doctor, brain surgeon and all the middle eastern pilots you hired to replace the western ones?
We have the last laugh.
yes you cheated us all out of many thousands end of service pay.
Now you are laughing stock of all arabs, failure as businessman.
Village idiot, Ali baba.
Assad, back in hotel business.
You had to have it your way!
You got it your way.
What was that one in the wizard of oz movie that wanted brain?
Will whistle that song all day now, for you wish you a brain.

2Bad2Sad
26th Apr 2016, 02:21
The D/O is out of a job now in the USA anyway.
DM. many of us have told our management if he shows up and hired massive pilot exodus.
Do not hire at any cost unions notified also
Made your bed now lay in it
Small world have a nice day.

DCBOE
14th Sep 2016, 07:08
Rumor in the Sandpit has it, the "Good Doctor" was arrested and is in jail upon re-entering the UAE, something to do with financing of the 747s.

Fish Head on Final
20th Sep 2016, 08:54
What goes around comes around. :ok:

2Bad2Sad
8th Oct 2016, 01:29
Agree totally Fish head on final.
Hope some Bubba severely large fudge packer is servicing him till it hurts.
Karma is good and does come back around.

carholme
3rd Nov 2016, 20:02
Would any of the gents who flew A6-MDG remember the general condition of the a/c before Midex ceased operations? Did Midex actually own the ac or has it been returned to a financier/bank?

Regards

Gerry

old freightdog
15th Nov 2016, 21:51
So whats left to ask to keep this thread alive, except to find out where all of u bloody Jockeys are nowadays?? MS
Edit, I do want to edit this thread, so as not to come across the wrong way! it was absolute shikes, at the end ´we saw another day´ (Amex is still chasing me!!) , but - and I am not talking structure or Mgmt - , the club of elderly Esquires at the pointy end of the crap ´infrastructure´ was a bloody good one...... those are my thoughts!