PDA

View Full Version : Midex Airlines (Merged)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Podunk
23rd Apr 2009, 07:19
McLion 01... you of all people should know this as true.... "when the troops STOP complaining, you've got serious problems"

Look for much more Midex recruiting as soon as the current batch of guys' training commitment period expires... round about October '09.

wheelbarrow
25th Apr 2009, 10:54
I understand that you have recently recruited a couple more A300 crews? Is this the start of more general recruitment?

Podunk
4th May 2009, 13:36
A.P.G. has certainly been true to his word (email threat), if not to the letter of the contract, it seems.

"You all have had a fairly easy time until now, your salaries have been paid and MIDEX has the most generous ON/OFF duty times in the entire industry.
We are looking at ways to change the ON/OFF duty times in the near future as in the current worldwide economic turmoil we have to find ways to keep the Company going.
I don't have to remind you how many flight crews and other personnel have been laid off by major companies, many times bigger than MIDEX."

ON/OFF rotations have just been unilaterally changed from 5 weeks On, 3 weeks OFF to 11 weeks ON, 2 weeks OFF. Take it or Leave (it) !!!!!! This is typical of the region, where contracts are only good for wiping cleft things.

A word of caution to those currently employed at MIDEX, check with your friends on the breadlines, before you kick that job into touch !!!!!

WhaleDriver
4th May 2009, 15:09
Wow, a greater than 60% decrease in time off. Is there any vacation burried in there? If it keeps the company going in these times, a small price to pay, or is it too much? I assume, your travel time home is included in the two weeks. Is this for the 747 crews as well? Their not very busy. A lot of sitting.

shroom
4th May 2009, 16:33
It seems as if these clowns think the flight crews are like many of the workers in the UAE, i.e.: slaves who are beholden to their company (masters) for everything and who have no chance of other employment back in their home countries, with the alternative being abject poverty. MIDEX and our little Lebanese friend think they are dealing with non-educated, non-professionals who have no knowledge of how a company should be run, no knowledge of contract law, and no means (financial or force of will) to stand up for themselves. Sadly, I feel they will see very soon how the crews feel about this change. Job or no job (flying-wise, anyway) back at home or elsewhere in the world, they are going to lose a LOT of the flight crews in short order and then they will see just how much money they are "saving" with their latest "generous offer." The ministry of labor will also be interested in the Dr. and his minions.

This will not stand.

captseth
4th May 2009, 16:39
I will be very interested to see how market forces play out in this case.

A300PFE
4th May 2009, 16:48
I think you summed it up 100% Midex will loose thier chance to be a respected company and join the long list of 3rd rate companys with nothing to offer but lies.

shroom
4th May 2009, 17:11
And what a coincidence that there is suddenly another ad on Climbto350.com for Midex flight crews...

Podunk
4th May 2009, 19:10
The crew meeting on 1 May was a real eye-opener ! Not only was this rotation 'plan' revealed, but the "Doctor" personally explained that he had 3000 resumes on file, and that the crews must be prepared to accept the change or leave.

He also let it slip that he knew the crews have no other place to go!!!!!

I sincerely hope the people who have sent in the 3000 CVs read these posts and understand what kind of a SHIfTy operation they are applying to.

CargoOne
4th May 2009, 20:10
Podunk,

I have no idea of what is Midex like but I should say that message from management (as per your description) is simply a statement of reality of the current market, nothing less nothing more.
If all those 3000 pilots had a chance to get into first class operation they would not apply to Midex, aren't they? Sometimes crappy job is still better than no job...

Roadtrip
4th May 2009, 20:46
11 weeks on and 2 weeks off. YGBSM. That's totally unacceptable.

And just how many days of that 77 straight workdays is an average pilot actually flying??

Fr8Dog
4th May 2009, 21:33
Don't know how I have missed all this good stuff but, I know a couple of the guy's hired by MIDEX. They were both fired from another carrier for good cause. That ought to tell you something right there, seems the mis-fits can always find a job with the bottom feeders.

Good luck to you, I would run away, run very fast.

Podunk
5th May 2009, 05:35
Fr8dog................

That's the crux of the problem, neither the Doctor nor Midex has any regard for the existing contract, it's take it or leave it.

If you leave still owe training pay, even if previously qualified, they want US$8000 just for a sim check and line training!!!!

& even if you could get out of the country, they'd just withhold your last salary..... and ban you from ever working in the GCC anywhere !

WhaleDriver
5th May 2009, 14:24
As interesting as these posts are, I note the lack of posts from the Dr.'s cheerleaders!

Paladini
5th May 2009, 15:02
It's tough to argue with the truth..... This is a PR exercise these folks can't win.

Lion 01
5th May 2009, 17:14
I find this latest interest in Midex Airlines from supposedly outsiders kind of interesting.

For the record, I was sitting in this meeting you all are suppose to know everything about and I can tell you not ONE crewmember said anything when the President of Midex Airlines announced the new duty schedule. Nor did anyone say anything when he opened the floor up for questions or suggestions about the new duty schedule or any other rumor.

Also, for the record, instead of furloughing half of the A300 Crew force and putting them on the streets (like one of the bottom feeders you compare Midex too), the President choose to change the schedule to 10 weeks on and 3 weeks off and keep them on the payroll.

This may not be the greatest situation for everyone but at least they are not unemployed.

WhaleDriver
5th May 2009, 18:28
Let me get this straight, decreasing your time off is putting off furloughs?

A room full of at will employees, and noone says anything, imagine that.

Podunk
6th May 2009, 05:19
When asked where he thought Midex would be in 5 years, the Doc, with no sarcasm visible, asked "What do YOU care, are you a stock holder?"

What a team building inspiration.....:ugh:

Dengue_Dude
6th May 2009, 18:18
Sorry to hear about what's happening there. Since I commented on Dec 31st about every paycheck, there have been 4 more.

Sounds like this latest regime is encouraging people to walk rather than being pushed.

What has saddened me about this whole thread is how nasty certain people have been - from square one.

Frankly the aviation world is reeling enough without the gallons of vitriol being poured in .

Whatever happened to the old adage, 'if you've nothing nice to say, then don't say anything', that would have been a vast improvement on this thread.

My best wishes to the guys I know, affected by these woes.

MrXrules
6th May 2009, 20:51
This one just for Lion 01.
You were at this meeting, first questioned asked crews were intimidated from the answer given by the doctor.
Do you expect any further questions when their credibility was put in question after this?
Crews felt they were in a no win situation.
Instead of this man saying guys I have issue that is becoming a problem I need your help, he intimidated everyone there.
Take it or leave it.
There are better ways to motivate crews in these troubled times

Storpikk
6th May 2009, 21:12
This outfit is soon dead....no contracts and nothing going on. Once the industry picks up they will begging on the street corner for crews willing to bend over. But doubt they will be around then..........LOL. :D:D:D:D

slowto280
7th May 2009, 07:53
Storpikk,

You seem to be such a happy, content person. HOME WITH MOM is just where you belong, not in the cockpit............

Storpikk
7th May 2009, 12:53
Guess I hit a nerve there buddy, I am just keeping it real dude. I know for some its hard to see the writing on the wall...:ok:.

Enjoy.....

WhaleDriver
7th May 2009, 15:44
How busy has the 747 been? Is business picking up? In the first three months of this year, I heard a number of around 200 hours were put on it. That's not very much.

Kato747
7th May 2009, 17:40
What's next? "ALL LEAVES CANCELLED UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES"????

I know a few guys still with MIDEX, don't know how long they'll stay.

Hope they can survive these latest management faux pas and gaffes.

BTW, what is the plural of Faux-pas? I'm sure we'll see more soon.

Siguarda al fine
7th May 2009, 18:42
I would like to point out to those complaining about their treatment at MIDEX that neither APG or the Dr. have any experience in this business and their attitude /reactions shows this.

MrXrules
7th May 2009, 19:49
Lion 01,cat got your tounge, truth kinda hurts dont ya know.

slowto280
7th May 2009, 21:00
I in no way was inferring that HOME WITH MOM is a bad thing, merely that, at the moment (if in fact you are a pilot), that may be the best place for you. I see that you changed your 'location' and if that was due to my comment, I apologise. If what has been posted here remains, I would imagine several MDX crewmembers in the near future will also be 'home with mom' (again, not a bad thing, but unfortunately, not by Mothers Day....). I, for the life of me, can not understand the elation of others when things turn south at an airline, or any other industry for that matter. I've heard it thousands of times, 'It would never happen to me', or perhaps in this case, 'I would never ALLOW it to happen to me'. Lighten up, stuff happens.......................... :ugh:

Lion 01
8th May 2009, 06:42
This is for Mr. X Rules. If you would like to get an answer to your questions you can come by my office and we can discuss it. If you don't know which one it is, try the one next to the A300 CP. And yes I am the DM in some of the post as some of you already know. We can have a cup of coffee or tea and discuss it like gentleman.

And no, the cat has gotten my tongue. I don't live my life on these forums. Just hear to make sure that that some truth is on this thread and some useful information is here for those that may look at it in earch of a job or useful information about the company.

It's too bad that there are those who like to post hear that has some kind of grudge against the company (or members of management) or don't have the whole picture because all they do is sit around the Midex Complex and spread rumors and twist the facts around.

I will admit that there are some problems here and we do our best to resolve them. Some of them are sometimes causes by language and cultral barriers (such as the first question at the meeting). And for those who post here and work in the UAE, you know that things are done here in a very different manner than any where else we have been. Things change on a daily bases.

Also, may I point out that there is an economical crisis going on in the world and hardly any freight is moving. What other companys would pay crewmembers to sit around and do nothing for extended periods of time. In fact, some have sat around for over six months and have not missed a single paycheck. Would Connie, Tradewinds, Atlas do this?

Well, I said my peace and I await the mud slinging that I am sure to follow. But I have thick skin so let it fly.

Azaiba
8th May 2009, 08:30
Any idea what Midex is up to advertising for UK based B747 crews?

MIDEX AIRLINES | Pilot Job Board (http://pilotjobboard.com/jobboard/index.php?show_emp=63)

Fr8Dog
8th May 2009, 15:02
Lion 01

As an outsider, 40 years in the business and a 10+ year flight crewmember at another freight carrier, I can only read the posts here and comment on what I read.

First let me give you a little advice, PROOF READ BEFORE you post. HEAR is what you do with your ears. And that is only a little bit of it. Maybe English is not your native tongue but there are spell and grammar checks built in to all word processors these days.

Also as I posted the other day, I know for a FACT that Midex has hired two crewmembers that were terminated for very good reasons at another freight carrier. This in itself would scare me to death if I were asked to get on a flight deck as a crewmember with either of them as part of the crew.

I wish nothing but the best for all my fellow flight crews. These are very difficult times we are living in. But I have had to endure the derelicts at Fine Air in the early eighties. I left because I was afraid I was going to get killed having to fly with them. And as it turned out I left at a very good time.

Lion 01
8th May 2009, 15:44
Fr8dog: Thank you for the advice. Your right and I should have reviewed my comments before posting. I will know better next time and will wait until I have my glasses handy and my first cup of coffee before responding. And yes it is "here" and not "hear" and the "cat has not gotten my tongue."

As for your comment about he two individuals in the employment of Midex Airlines who were terminated at there previous airlines, we are doing our best to improve our recruitment and screening process. I believe I know the two individuals you are talking about and it is just a matter of time before they will be shown the door. We don't want to have unsafe crew members on our flight decks and SAFETY will (and is) be our #1 priority.

I wish everyone the best and I hope Midex Airlines continues to survive so that we all have a place to work at. It may not be the best situation but it's work.

WhaleDriver
8th May 2009, 15:48
Hey Lion 01,
Any word on the contract out of Europe to S. Africa? Is that the reason for the UK hiring? That sounded like a solid contract with lots of flying! Certainly an increased need for crews.

Lion 01
8th May 2009, 17:14
It is my understanding that the contract in S. Africa is in it's final stages.

Lostinspace
8th May 2009, 17:47
Over 57 cannot get resident visa in the UAE

shroom
9th May 2009, 04:00
Article 20: Oral Modifications Not Binding

This instrument is the entire agreement of the Company and the Employee. Oral changes have no effect. It may be altered only by a written agreement signed by the party against whom the enforcement of any waiver, change, modification, extension, or discharge is sought.

Podunk
9th May 2009, 06:32
Thanks for that, Shroom.....

Do you really think the Doc won't try to implement the 10/3 rotation over the objections of the "contract-abiding" aircrew?

shroom
18th May 2009, 06:26
For those crewmembers reading this: I received an email from a Hotmail email address about an anonymous discussion group forming on MSN relating to Midex. Anyone else get one of those and join? Might be a good place to talk about the company and the latest "contract" (I mean, "toilet paper") issues.

groundpounder12
20th May 2009, 13:52
This will be my only post on here and I will not answer a bunch of none sense remarks. Management is out of hand here at Midex. We all signed a contract and came here in good faith. Dr. Khairallah has taken it upon himself to change that contract without any negotiations or discussions with us. This is clearly not following the contract or the law as he claims he does 100%. We all know times are bad and the pilots would have been happy to discuss options and make reasonable changes to make Midex profitable and make it through the bad times. We have all been forced by Midex to over look a lot of things concerning scheduling, rosters, duty times, required rest, call out times, an etc….. We have done this to try and make Midex work. If someone can explain the reason 10 & 3 will make Midex profitable they should. The pilots with many more years experience in aviation than any one in management cannot make those numbers work.
We all hear this line of Dr. Khairallah’s qualifications as a doctor in the USA. What has this got to do with running an airline? Can anyone verify that he graduated from OSU or even practiced medicine in the USA as he claims? (Post the proof if you can.) I have tried to Google search him and he is not listed as a graduate of OSU or shown as being recognized by the AMA. He only shows up as Issam Khairallah being President of Midex.
When Dr. Khairallah and management recognize the pilots as professional assets and treat us this way they will be surprised as to how much help we can be. We do not appreciate being taken advantage of and treated as minimal labors with no respect. We all have many years experience consisting of our licenses and ratings. We have to follow the GCAA rules and regulations as well the Midex Operations Procedures approved by the GCAA to assure we do not lose our licenses, ratings and approvals to work in the UAE by the GCAA. So Midex quit being HILLIBILLYS and follow the laws, rules and regulation as close to 100% possible as you claim.
Be safe and happy flying!

747Comet
20th May 2009, 16:42
Whats the status of the contract from UK to S.Africa. Howcome a UK carry can not object like MK or GSS?

pro
20th May 2009, 17:45
Midex has rules only when it suites the Dr/ Graas.

Know of atleast one 747 captain who was hired post 60.

MrXrules
21st May 2009, 22:13
Great Post ground pounder12,
You hit the nail on the head.
This is where the rubber meets the road.
Midex managment never asked or questioned pilots how can we reduce operating costs.
By changing us to 10 weeks on and 3 weeks off the perdiem cost more than our tickets home, the only conclusion we have is that managment just doubled the crew availability with no additional cost for the company, since current contacts and pending contracts will require more.
They did this without any regard to how many pilots they may lose because pilots being away from home 70 days sitting in the desert with no roster or scheduled days off.
We have no roster here, you are expected to be on standby 24/7 with no minimum call out times.
GCA regulations are not enforced or in compliance.
As said above we all came here in good faith ,yet they are changing the contract and treating crew like children, violating FD times and saying accept these changes or go home.
Some have taken the go home option, others well time will tell.
Not a work freindly GCA compliant operation.

Storpikk
22nd May 2009, 05:28
Well this just confirms what I have known about this outfit.......

Once they start this crap from management, it's just a matter of time before they shut the doors.

Just as I predicted......:} :} :}

slowto280
22nd May 2009, 07:52
Storpikk, always like to read your positive posts. You ever hear the words:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them." ?

In other words: 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you' or in this case ' wish upon others as you would have them wish upon you'.

Things going well at home then? :ok:

aviation6789
3rd Jun 2009, 11:04
Hello every one, if anyone is planning to joint Midex then that will be his biggest mistake in his life time.The Management make big promise but when the time come they just start make some excuse. The management doesn’t care for their employees. I have suffered some of the problem so I quit without informing any one, and many of other employed also resigned from Midex due to the management behave year .The Management wants us to fly in our off days also and when the time come to pay for that so you will be surprise. And now they have change rules for us we have to wait for 11 week to see our family and friends. The president of company wants to get involve in everything, and doesn’t know how to behave with his employees and Customers, First he has to learn how to behave with Peoples in the world, and otherwise in the END he will be left alone in the company with his bull**** AIRCRAFTS. Learn things from you employees it will help you and your company, you both will have good future. Learn Learn Learn. MIDEX MANAGEMENT IT’s TIME FOR YOU TO LEARN SOME THING.

Podunk
3rd Jun 2009, 11:52
Good for you Aviation6789.....

Hope like hell you cleared out your bank account before you left and didn't lose too much in the interim. Are they still trying to retract pay from your account if you leave early?

On a positive note, heard the Doc isnt too happy with CM being away in BKK too much.... Pink Slip impending???? Could only be an improvement.

Best of luck, Guys !

PS: Lion 01.. How's OAIX these days? Still pretty as ever?

I Love Midex
3rd Jun 2009, 14:06
Oh yes, they also like to withhold pay until the employee is physically in the country. If you're on your time off at home and pay day comes...too bad! You're screwed until you return to the UAE. Never mind that the toilet paper, sorry, CONTRACT states that employees will be paid by the 10th of every month. Why, even guys who are up in Brussels in the simulator, on company business mind you, have not been paid. And won't, until they return to Al Ain. Don't like it? There's the door!

With the imminent pilot exodus (by the way, excellent re-naming of the company Podunk!), this company will soon be standing all alone on the playground bouncing its ball, but will have no one to throw it to.

aviation6789
3rd Jun 2009, 18:04
Yes guys that true they play with our pay, they thing if they hold our pay will not have any other option then agree on their condition. But they forget that this is aviation. If one door is close then other many doors are open. There is no one who loves MIDEX except Management. It is really a pain for crew to work in the company like this. What does MIDEX stand for.:ok:

airbusgus_2003
4th Jun 2009, 20:51
Crews are departing the fix as fast as rats leaving a sinking ship. The latest from crews there....... if you leave you owe the company many thousands of USD in training costs.

Midex does not honor the contract, and has been cheating the crews since the company began.

Storpikk
6th Jun 2009, 02:02
Well As predicted !!!...............

airbusgus_2003
9th Jun 2009, 19:02
From what I understand the remaining crews at Midx are operating under extreme pressure from managnent just to keep the company going.
The president of the company thinks the pilots are nothing but trouble, do not act as adults and treats them as such.
They are not paid on time or according to contract.
The few I have contact with there suggest that the president actually go on some flights and see what is really going on and how crews are going the extra mile to see these aircraft fly.
Lots of no no business going on with duty times, operational issues as such.
This president needs to look at the real picture here.
If the crews started operating by all the regulations this company would end tomorrow.
The president has lost support from his crews.
Just another fly by night operation that has gone bad and unles you are really desperate , need a job no matter what, this one needs to be side stepped at all cost.

Podunk
11th Jun 2009, 15:03
Do you really think either the "Doc" or the Sheikh would stay in such close proximity to the lowly aircrew for the duration of a flight? I hardly think so!

aviation6789
19th Jun 2009, 16:22
Hi I am back again, Is any one hear DOC scream believe me it is similar like Dog barking on some one. He say that he is surgeon, by seeing him and his behaviors. I don't believe in that words. No one will agree that on gun point. Now a days he is out of country with his family for vacation and in his absent we are getting lots of flight. IT will be good for company if he stay out from uae for ever. Then MIDEX and MIDEX Employees will have good future.:=

BoeingDriverUSA
20th Jun 2009, 05:30
Massive exodus from MIDEX is what I forecast when the 1 year contract comes up for several crew members (and its coming soon). What I heard is that there will be people leaving without having any job lined up. The message appears to be ..no job is better than MIDEX job. And that's an understatement.

airbusgus_2003
20th Jun 2009, 20:36
Greatly stated Boeingdriverusa.
Airbus drivers right behind you, blaze the trail.
DHL recall in Europe soon,
Anyone wanting to go there better review the facts.
Contract terms and conditions are not followed.
You will sit for 70 days in the sand with no schedule, no days off on standby.
If for some reason you cannot get a visa, company will can you, no pay and you pay your own return ticket.
Ask the latest departure, American passport, born in Iran 50+ years ago. UAE wont allow anyone with Iranian connections to stay.
UAE un written rules.
Would midx do the correct thing and pay this individual since it was their mistake?
No they booted him from the complex owing him much back pay, and said pay your own return airfare.
If you have company business, flights sim ,that is on or near the day you get paid, you wont get your salary until you return to Al Ain.
Example, if you attend the simulator on June 1st, finish June 3rd, then go on days off, you wont receive your salary until 3 weeks later after you return.
You will also be required to shell out transportation cost from AUH, DXB when traveling to and from days off, cost 280-300 AED, though this is in your contract, they dont pay.
If you are rated and previously qaulified, want to leave they try and charge you thousands in training costs, will even take the money back out of your Emirates bank account after deposit.
Not a good airline, when in fact its down to the bottom feeder levels.
Edit:
So Sorry, forgot to add about the F/O that could not sign the new contract reflecting 10 on an 3 off due to family obligations.
Midx threat,, 28,000 usd training cost if he did not sign the ammended contract.
He departed the fix.

I Love Midex
21st Jun 2009, 11:33
An editorial in today's National that is fairly relevant to our situation...:

Is there a doctor in the house? Answer carefully

Sultan Al Qassemi

Last Updated: June 20. 2009 8:58PM UAE / June 20. 2009 4:58PM GMT Last year after writing "We have our own heroes, we don’t need other people’s" in The National I received an e-mail from a director in the Watani programme that began: “Dear Dr Sultan”. I must admit that I thought it was a nice compliment, but the thought stopped there and I promptly emailed him back, thanked him and pointed out that I do not have a PhD.

More recently, one of my students from the Dubai Men’s College invited me to lecture at a young professionals network he is part of at a real estate development firm. I decided to focus on ethical and moral dilemmas in life and in the business world such as the “Trolley Dilemma” – look it up on Wikipedia.

The truth is there are plenty of moral dilemmas that confront us in the UAE, many of them dealing with education and credentials. For instance, an acquaintance of mine had casually purchased his degree from a foreign university and is currently running a branch of a major financial institution. Should I inform the authorities and “do the right thing” and potentially harm his young family’s interests? There is no easy answer.

One of the most embarrassing moments in the first administration of the Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad came when the country’s parliament voted to impeach the former Interior Minister – the former head of the very same ministry that announced Ahmadinejad’s recent “landslide victory”. The minister, Ali Kordan, was accused of lying about his credentials and holding a fake degree from what he called “Oxford University in London ”.

The most notorious case facing the UAE was when The Spokesman-Review, a newspaper based in Washington state, exposed more than 9,600 people who had purchased their degrees from a fraudulent diploma mill. The list included dozens of individuals based in the UAE. These “students” had names that appeared to be Arab, European, African and Asian and they may or may not be currently employed in the UAE or in the region, possibly in influential positions.

A total of 68 Emiratis were among these naive “degree holders” as well as scores of other GCC nationals. These young Emiratis may have travelled abroad with the intention to study but in some cases found themselves spending too much time basking in their freedom. With limited follow up from their families or their embassies abroad, particularly in large countries such as the US and Australia, it would not have been difficult to succumb to this temptation.

This is by far not a challenge specific to the UAE. Last year Singapore announced that it had caught 400 locals and expatriates working there who had falsified their degrees. According to a report published in The Straits Times of Singapore, there are three groups of people who resort to buying degrees. The first is young people who were not successful in their studies and want to prove that they have achieved an academic qualification to get a job and support their families. The second group is comprised of employees who seek to get a raise at their current job or who are trying to find a new one. The third is a group of businessmen – who are already successful – who want the prestige of a qualification that can also help them in their business dealings. For instance, recently The New York Times profiled a UAE personality who had been referring to himself as a doctor. The newspaper discovered that the university where he studied does not even offer PhDs. His spokesperson said that even though he might not have a PhD he does in fact have two MBAs.

In the UAE the greatest danger of the practice of buying degrees is in the fields of construction and medicine. A few years ago I was looking to hire a project engineer for a construction project and the gentleman I interviewed seemed to be very capable and possessed the right qualifications. I was surprised that he was willing to leave a reputable firm to work on a relatively small project. I called his firm one day and asked for the engineering department in that construction firm. I was told that although a person with that name worked in the firm, this gentleman wasn’t a project engineer at all but had a much more junior position. I thought to myself how potentially dangerous it would have been had we hired him to oversee a project for which he wasn’t qualified.

Buying degrees can be very lucrative but very dangerous in the medical industry. Many people in the Gulf succumb to what amounts to witchcraft and sorcery but feel comforted in being told that these sorcerers are qualified doctors who can cure them from a disease or can save a loved one. Many victims of these tricks are too shy to admit that they have been paying for ineffective medicine. They choose silence over unwanted publicity.

So sadly, in the UAE this practice can still pay.
Sultan Sooud Al Qassemi is a non resident fellow at the Dubai School of Government

I Love Midex
21st Jun 2009, 12:04
For those who have not received their pay on time, whether you were out of the country or some other ridiculous reason, you should know that doing this is NOT LEGAL by UAE law. As referenced in today's Gulf News, the UAE Ministry of Labour has set up an ANONYMOUS reporting system on their web site for complaints about companies. You may also call the MOL hotline number ANONYMOUSLY (800665) to lodge a complaint, and the company will be investigated. To complain via the MOL web site, choose "eNETWASAL SERVICES" from the home page and then click on "salary complain" at the lower left of the following page.

The Gulf News article:

It surely pays to complain

By Wafa Issa, Staff Reporter
Published: June 20, 2009, 22:38
Dubai: More than 300 companies across the country have been reported for non-payment of salaries in May through the Ministry of Labour's new initiative which allows workers to report unpaid salaries anonymously. Six companies have been referred to the public prosecution, said a senior official.
The initiative, 'My Salary', was launched by the ministry on May 1. It allows workers to complain about unpaid or delayed salaries online or through the ministry's hotline.

http://gulfnews.advertserve.com/servlet/view/banner/image/zone?zid=22&pid=0&position=1 (http://gulfnews.advertserve.com/servlet/click/zone?zid=22&pid=0&lookup=true&position=1)

The first month of the initiative brought in complaints against 331 companies, six were referred by the ministry to the public prosecution for failing to pay salaries for more than three months, 38 adjusted their situations and paid delayed salaries, 26 had their transactions stopped at the ministry and 66 of them already have complaints registered at the labour relations department. The rest of them are still under investigation, according to the ministry's statistics.

Humaid Bin Deemas, acting director general at the ministry, said: "This new initiative is a break through in the ministry's efforts to protect workers rights and mainly their right for payment of salaries. Confidentiality of the complaints has been a main factor in the effectiveness of this project as workers no longer need to fear any repercussion for complaining about their companies."
Earlier, if a worker wanted to complain about salaries, he or she had to file a complaint at the labour relations department and the employer was called in for a session with the employee.

"The majority of workers who took such steps were prepared to lose their jobs as a consequence. This meant that many workers did not report non-payment of salaries as they did not want to lose their jobs but with this new initiative the workers do not need to fear such consequences," said Bin Deemas.

As per the new initiative when the ministry receives a complaint, an inspector is assigned to look into it and the employer is made to believe that it's part of a routine inspection.

"So even if a company has two or three employees he cannot figure out who complained as he is not aware that there is even a complaint lodged," said Bin Deemas.

Maria (name changed to protect identity), a Filipino nurse, with a Dh2,000 salary, said she has not been paid for more than three months but dare not complain out of fear for losing her job. "I cannot afford to lose my job. I was hoping that the promise of paying the salary made to me on a weekly basis would be delivered one day," she said.

Hotline: How to complain

Workers who have salaries delayed for more than 15 days or have not been paid can file a complaint on the ministry's website at Ministry Of Labour (http://www.mol.gov.ae) or through calling the hotline 800665.

The hotline is in 12 different languages including Arabic, English, French, Hindi, Farsi, Russian and Urdu, while the portal only offers Arabic and English languages.

pro
25th Jun 2009, 05:50
Are they flying?

cantbeafoolinlove
26th Jun 2009, 19:43
are these guys still flying BEY-ORY on A300s or the 74 is doing that or its been dropped off completely? Also where are the SIMs taking place these days for A300s.
Last but not the least, whats the news on Mumbai and Karachi flight? Are they ever gonna fly to south east asia.
CBAFIL

aviation6789
27th Jun 2009, 16:45
Hi as you now all AC is on ground. The sales team of MIDEX is very very weak. The sales Director is not able to stand in a small Grocery shop and sale a candy to kids, and Doc has given the responsibility of his AC to wrong person. I heard from some of the crew saying that first he was working as courier delivery boy, And now he become the sales Director. Then no wonder that all AC will staying on ground. And on top our little Lebanon kid, He has no idea what's going on, just he now to deduct money from our salary. And when we ask any thing to him then he ask you to send email. He is not able to catch a pen properly and DOC has made him HR Manager. If this is the management then it is time for us to go back as my friends did. And about Karachi and India flights it will happen in next century. Because DOC don't have India and Pakistan Passport as he have France and Lebanon So he can fly there. Keep trying DOC and his Team. But make sure that time you have crew to fly.:ugh:

marcusaurelious
27th Jun 2009, 18:58
Saw a Midex 747, noseloader(or maybe the just nose cowl removed) in Kabul the other day.

Storpikk
30th Jun 2009, 03:25
Well this fine operation got what they deserved, with the management team and CP they had in place, the end is close!.....

Good luck to the crews! :ok::ok:

cantbeafoolinlove
30th Jun 2009, 07:08
Hi there,
Well how many of you guys (dont think any gals) are actually flying for the Midex Organization.
To be honest, I am not personally. But I do know quite a bit about it. As per my info they are flying quite a few flight per week to Afghan and Iraq and the operating crew gets extra incentive to fly there. All or atleast the ones that I know there, are getting paid on time and full pay. This all indicates that they are making good enough from these charters to fly empty craft to mostly KWI or SHJ, then onwards to Iraq/Afghan and then fly it back empty to AAL.
Except for the management crap, dont you think its great to fly this classic beauty with that kind of pay. Man I would take that crap even on half the pay just to fly this beast, because I know once I have enough experience to be eligible for this job, they would be gone for ever.
Have fun and Happy landings,
CBAFIL

slowto280
30th Jun 2009, 12:45
If I can't play, nobody can. Right Storpikk? How's that unpaid babysitting job coming along? Just curious, WHO deserves WHAT, IYH(FU)O? Good luck to you! :ok: :ok:

Storpikk
1st Jul 2009, 07:36
LOL you are a funny guy 280...:D:D:D

airbusgus_2003
2nd Jul 2009, 05:04
Midx crews, your contracts were never approved by the UAE labor comissian/board.
How did you ever get work permits and UAE license?
This could be shut down rapidly.

MELDreamer
14th Jul 2009, 11:07
There's been a Midex 'plane in Muscat most days this past week or so.
First the 747 then Airbuses. I've noted two different airframes.

They seem to fly at night then daystop. Have they been booted out of AAN?

MEL

slowto280
16th Jul 2009, 05:29
Seems like this end of the market [no pun intended (as in 'end of the line'....)] is beginning to open.............

Are these both MNG? I heard they purchased Solinair...........

Parc - Aviation (http://www.parcaviation.aero/aviation/FlightcrewJobsDetail.asp?id=8649)

Captain A300-B4 - 200498053 - Flight Jobs (http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/job/captain-a300-b4-turkey-200498053.htm)

:ok:

cantbeafoolinlove
31st Jul 2009, 21:27
long time no post!!!
Anything new happening around lately?

Mumbai? Karachi? seems like they are not planning for it anytime soon, unlike being said in a meeting in May, i think.

Happy Landings

Storpikk
5th Aug 2009, 00:31
It must be imminent.......:}:}:}.

cpnkirk59
6th Aug 2009, 21:24
Got a post from a friend; not sure where it came from and if it is legit. Is Midex hiring (I am qualified and current and on the 747-200/300)? I've read the posts on this thread; so, I don't need any updates on the posts above, unless things have gotten better. Feel free to PM me if you have personal information.

Thanks,

RP

BoeingDriverUSA
8th Aug 2009, 04:58
Hello current and qualified B-747 Classic drivers

This week, 2 pilots bailed out. 2 more in the next week turning their resignations, and a hand full leaving the company on the middle of the night.

If THAT is not a sign of terrible things this company does, I dont know what is..

Stay where you are for now and keep looking. Pass the word.

Bye

Storpikk
10th Aug 2009, 04:06
I see this fine outfit is peddling for current and qualified crews again. I guess the previous ran for the door as fast as they could. A revolving door for sure, something that should be evidence enough for folks even thinking of applying with Midex.....do your homework!. :ugh::}:}:}

Van Pelt338
10th Aug 2009, 07:48
I received an email from the D/O stating that they are fully staffed on the B747.

A300PFE
17th Aug 2009, 12:08
Before people post negitive coments about a company they should do their homework and get the facts.

BoeingDriverUSA
18th Aug 2009, 14:26
People with negatives posts ARE those people who experienced the company so others don't fall into the same trap. Nobody here is making negative comments unless they worked for the airline, right?

Storpikk
19th Aug 2009, 05:50
Yep Boeing driver you are correct......They must have scared off more A300 crews, I see they are pimping for more crews on Climbto350. This place is revolving door, even in this hard times they cant hold on to pilots.

:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=

I Love Midex
19th Aug 2009, 06:55
They might hold on to one or two more if they reverted to the 5 on, 3 off schedule which was promised when we started here, which was in our SIGNED CONTRACT, and for the promise of which many pilots left other jobs. Since 10 weeks working and away from family is unsustainable, I suspect they are going to lose far more A300 pilots, especially in the next couple of months.

I Love Midex
26th Aug 2009, 13:23
Received this a couple of days ago from someone purporting to be a lawyer or law firm in the UAE:

Dear Midex Airlines Crewmembers and other employees:

It has come to our knowledge that Midex Airlines is holding very significant amounts of money that you have honestly earned.

We are here to let you know that because you are an " expat " doesn't mean you are alone. The Labor Law exist and you can be protected under the legal parameters of the law. Don't be afraid to air your concerns. If you feel your contract or your rights are being violated then approach the U.A.E. Labor Department and seek assistance. Most of the companies don't want you to know that you have legal rights and continuously harass and threatens employees and seems this is exactly what you are experiencing now.

According to the U.A.E. Labor Law it is illegal for an employer to hold with no cause an employee's salary.

Therefore in order to take action against Midex Airlines and help you get back your salary A.S.A.P. you need to immediately go to the link we are providing to you at this time and file the appropriate complain.

Look on the left lower corner "salary complain".

http://www.mol.gov.ae/ownersservices/login.aspx?lang=eng (http://www.mol.gov.ae/ownersservices/login.aspx?lang=eng)

We are not sure if we have been provided with all the e-mail addresses of the employees in need of this information so we ask you to please share this e-mail with all your co-workers so all can benefit from it.

Truly yours,

U.A.E.Labor Law

bpp
26th Aug 2009, 13:48
Anybody hear a rumor about Atlas flying a -400 for Midex, most likely ACMI?
bpp

Fr8Dog
26th Aug 2009, 16:51
"Anybody hear a rumor about Atlas flying a -400 for Midex, most likely ACMI"?

Yes I did Spanky, On the Atlas rumour board!

Chris is so full of **** his eyes are brown!

rajan s laxman
27th Aug 2009, 15:32
i just guess its being tough to be in the air cargo trade these days
lifts are down prices dont make sense and shippers dont want to make payments
i think that the guys who ventured into this trade a few years ago got in at the wrong time as good aircraft (freightors)were expensive to get and today its difficult to find routes where we can fill them both ways
the silver lining is that i feel after every bust there has always been a tremendous boom
history shows that freight rates zoom and tremendous activity starts worldwide
i am sure that everyone can make it through will gain immensely going into the future

Storpikk
28th Aug 2009, 01:47
Hi rajan s laxman, just not with this scumbags!!!!.....LOL

cantbeafoolinlove
28th Aug 2009, 06:18
@storpikk,
not to attack your personal views about the company, just one thing i would like to know.
Do you work for the company, if so why do you badly want it to fail and shutdown? Do you have anyother job lined up? Dont want to pay the training cost?
i know its not a great company to work for and so are the companies all around the region.
CBAFIL

A300PFE
28th Aug 2009, 13:59
you know guys if you go back and look at all storpikk's posts on other threads he has the same neg view on everything. I think he does need to take a break.

Earl
28th Aug 2009, 21:30
Storpik,
You need to calm down and consider taking some Prozac or something.
You don't work here and have no clue what is really going on!
Leave the negative post and the comments to the crews that work here.
You have slammed us with this one too many times.
We are fully capable of doing the correct negative and positive comments without your input!!!!
We would all appreciate your restraint in this area!!!!
Really trying to be nice about this!
But you are getting a bit out of hand!
Earl

Fr8Dog
28th Aug 2009, 23:56
O.K. Earl, then you tell the rest of us what IS going on there. That way it will be fact not rumours.

FR8

slowto280
29th Aug 2009, 06:40
If storpikk has a genuine beef with Midex, maybe HE or SHE will enlighten us as to what that is or was. We all have supposed knowledge gathered from friends or acquaintences, but that is not always valid or correct information. It is quite obvious from the many posts here that Midex is not a 'dream job', but I am sure it suits many, at least for the short term. Perhaps wrong, but I have always found the best (and easiest, for sure...) fix is to simply walk away. :ugh:

Dengue_Dude
2nd Sep 2009, 02:27
Are you the guy with the iPod Touch bought in Paris?

Earl
3rd Sep 2009, 18:38
Dont have a clue what you are speaking of Denuge.
If Storpik has an issue maybe he can share with us all here.
But since he never worked for Midex that may be a problem.

Fr8Dog
3rd Sep 2009, 19:17
"Earl
Dont have a clue what you are speaking of Denuge.
If Storpik has an issue maybe he can share with us all here.
But since he never worked for Midex that may be a problem".

So again I will ask you Earl, you are there? You tell us what the real story is!

FR8

Earl
3rd Sep 2009, 20:10
Things are the same but we hope it will improve.
The 10 on and 3 off is hard for people with families and some had to leave because of this.

Dengue_Dude
4th Sep 2009, 16:02
Off topic I suppose - sorry.

I ran into an 'Earl' who is/was an FE for Midex in Paris when I was doing the A300 sim late last year. He looked at my iPod, then bought one.

I just wondered if he was you. Please disregard.

Good luck.

In this financial climate, needs does as needs must. Every month you get paid, is another month you get paid. Simples.

Ignore the carpers, they're not worth the effort. It's a choice, work until you don't have/want to anymore.

Storpikk
5th Sep 2009, 13:33
Hi Earl, look hope is a good thing!!!....I hope I will win 50 gadzillion in the lottery....but I don`t think it`s realistic.

Regarding working for your fine outfit or not, I don`t think it matters. It`s apperant for anyone it`s not looking to good. But I wish you all the best!......:ok::ok:

cantbeafoolinlove
19th Sep 2009, 17:56
Hello Guys,
Just quick update.
Recently I heard that there were about four sets of crew joining Midex (ie 4 Capts, 4 F.Os and 4 F/Es) (not sure about exact figures), what happened to them.
Also the same question, Whats the status on Mumbai and Karachi flights?
CBAFIL

teardrophold69
23rd Sep 2009, 03:52
Well this is factual and truth to say the least. Several First Officer from the B747 fleet have left the company for what appears to be a typical trait on how employers in the Middle East treat their employees. The majority of the professionals which accepted the contract lived up to their commitment and completed the missions expected of them with alacrity. People will continue to leave this company and several will accept a contract offered only to realize the only end of it honored will be the person accepting it. I caution anyone looking to travel overseas to join a company in the practice of holding it's employees hostage for pay.
Many more crews will head for the door approaching the end of this year. Many have been sent home while the only B747 in the fleet is in Amsterdam for maintenance. I could only guess they will not be paid for the month and weeks the aircraft is out of service but this is not just a hunch, it certainly has been confirmed by individuals which have not been paid or have only received half of their salary for the month of August. I will have more posts/replies in the coming days. Take this as food for thought, avoid this company as if a terminal disease.

Fr8Dog
24th Sep 2009, 00:53
teardrophold69 and the rest

I just spoke to a long time friend that is working as an FE on the 74 for Midex.
I have known this man for 11 years and he is beyond reproach, he is also an ex-Air Force One engineer. The story that he told me is quite different than most of what I have read on this thread. Yes you have to work for 10 weeks in a row, but the money is decent and he has been paid on time every time. He is given a round-trip ticket home after his 10 week work period, and then has 3 weeks off. The 3 B.R. apartment that he has been given to live in is very nice and paid for. So listen to the RUMORS if you want, this is the real story. Working as an ex-pat is completely different than most aviation jobs. If you are not willing to accept the conditions, don't take the job!

FR8

I Love Midex
24th Sep 2009, 06:02
Did good ol' AF1 mention that:

--...we travel both directions as part of our "OFF" days?

--...the tickets they get us to the US from Dubai are typically on Delta, which leaves at 10:30-11:00 at night, meaning that we have burned nearly one entire "OFF" day just waiting to leave the country? Meaning that we actually get more like 2-1/2 weeks truly "OFF," not 3 weeks?

--...the company randomly changes the pay/per diem/contract conditions to suit their whim?

--...most of the pilots here signed a three year CONTRACT before joining which stated a 5 weeks working/3 weeks off schedule (barely tolerable to families in the first place), but which the president of the company unilaterally changed to the present 10 weeks schedule...with the admonition of "if you don't like it, leave?"

--...the company WITHHOLDS pilot pay when they are on their leave or otherwise out of the UAE, even when the pay is legally due per the contract? Even though the pilots are being paid for the PREVIOUS month (i.e. work they have already done), and not being paid for the month that is to come? And that the only way to have the pay "released to the bank" when the pilot returns is to literally "show his face" at the office to the schedulers to PROVE he is back in the country?

--...no attention is paid to legal rest requirements, causing continual fatigue and probable violation of regulations?

--...several of the so-called "dispatchers," schedulers, and other office staff were hired, in large part, because they were friends of one of the higher-up Indian managers and have no experience whatsoever in their respective jobs, causing great stress and extra workload for the flight crews?

Just sayin'.

Fr8Dog
24th Sep 2009, 20:21
I Love Midex
Did good ol' AF1 mention that:

--...we travel both directions as part of our "OFF" days?

Yes he did, we do at Atlas as well, and at Evergreen and Kalitta I am told also.

--...the tickets they get us to the US from Dubai are typically on Delta, which leaves at 10:30-11:00 at night, meaning that we have burned nearly one entire "OFF" day just waiting to leave the country? Meaning that we actually get more like 2-1/2 weeks truly "OFF," not 3 weeks?

Better than no job at all isn't it? I am sure they would have no problem with you up-grading your ticket at your expense to a more convenient time.

--...the company randomly changes the pay/per diem/contract conditions to suit their whim?

He did not mention this and if it is the case it sucks!

--...most of the pilots here signed a three year CONTRACT before joining which stated a 5 weeks working/3 weeks off schedule (barely tolerable to families in the first place), but which the president of the company unilaterally changed to the present 10 weeks schedule...with the admonition of "if you don't like it, leave?"

See my title to this post

--...the company WITHHOLDS pilot pay when they are on their leave or otherwise out of the UAE, even when the pay is legally due per the contract? Even though the pilots are being paid for the PREVIOUS month (i.e. work they have already done), and not being paid for the month that is to come? And that the only way to have the pay "released to the bank" when the pilot returns is to literally "show his face" at the office to the schedulers to PROVE he is back in the country?

I questioned him about this because of the posts here and he denied it.

--...no attention is paid to legal rest requirements, causing continual fatigue and probable violation of regulations?

Again this sucks, what can I say.

--...several of the so-called "dispatchers," schedulers, and other office staff were hired, in large part, because they were friends of one of the higher-up Indian managers and have no experience whatsoever in their respective jobs, causing great stress and extra workload for the flight crews?

Has always been this way for the non majors unfortunately

da_frog

to fr8Dog
r u storpikk hidden by a different nik?
if not u should take a break too!

I have no idea who Storpikk is other than having read his posts here. As you can see by my profile, I did not just join yesterday. As I am sure you all have heard many times before, If you don't like it here, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

I Love Midex
25th Sep 2009, 06:28
Fr8:

Lots of other jobs available? Have you been in a coma for some time or something? I have a few thousand hours in different models of the 747. Get me a job at Atlas. After all, there are lots of jobs available! It is completely disingenuous to just tell someone to "get another job." Virtually no one would be at Midex, save for those in "sunsetting" jobs like PFE, if there were jobs anywhere else. Most people who are working here are either unable to leave because of their age or crew position, or are biding their time until there actually are other jobs available. A pilot could always go to work a contract job in, say China. IF that pilot has a type rating in a plane like a 777, or an A330/340, AND at least 500PIC hours in that plane (or more). AND wants to move to the country in which the contract is offered. Anyone who is flying as a Captain in one of those planes and meets the qualifications is likely in the top 50% of seniority (or higher) in their present job, and is in no danger or being furloughed or etc. Why would they leave to fly a contract? That leaves pilots like those at Midex, who are current in one or another old airplane, not operated anymore by modern companies or pax airlines. Perhaps I should buy my own A340 type rating, and then pay for 500 hours in the plane?

The sad thing is that several people here, myself included, would stay for the length of the contract if the company would only live up to the terms it offered in the first place instead of changing them to suit their mood on any particular day. This company is a start-up, and all start-ups have teething problems and growing pains. Unfortunately the company takes the usual Mid-East attitude about workers (that they are slaves to be taken advantage of) and figures they can do whatever they want, contract be damned. As soon as there are any decent jobs available, Midex will find their flight crew ranks vacant. Several have already left, some of whom didn't even have a new job waiting. They were simply sick of the treatment and lies from the company, and the time away from their families was unbearable.

Also, if your friend denied that we are not paid when we are on our leave, he is flatly lying. Ask any pilot here whose pay has been withheld while on leave, including me. Including several who were in Brussels at the sim on payday (on COMPANY time) and STILL were not paid until they returned to the UAE.

Fr8Dog
25th Sep 2009, 14:56
I love Midex “Lots of other jobs available? Have you been in a coma for some time or something?”

That was supposed to be a bit of sarcasm my friend, calm down a little, it’s bad for your blood pressure.

FR8

I Love Midex
26th Sep 2009, 04:18
Understood, sorry. Not easy sometimes to get someone's tone of voice from written words.

jumboengineer747
29th Sep 2009, 12:11
Hi there,
Lots of pro's & cons i.e long way from the US, but at least paid in $!, can anyone tell me the routes and any extras paid -- per diuem's etc?
I heard only had 1 tired old 200F and sims done on a shoe string in BRU, but there are always 2 sides to a story as here (USA) companies are now taking CV's but this outfit maybe need people for only a short time contract that would all get back in the saddle. any pro's & con's welcome

slowto280
29th Sep 2009, 14:47
Paid in AED. Curious, who is taking apps/hiring in the US? :O

theXfactor
30th Sep 2009, 07:45
I would like to echo everything that I Love Midex has said. He only touched on the tip of the iceburg though. Midex has many other problems that run deep and probably can only be cured by a complete change of upper management. Take it from those of us who actually work here.

Lots of pro's & cons i.e long way from the US, but at least paid in $!, can anyone tell me the routes and any extras paid -- per diuem's etc

Assuming your pay is correct and on time, which is a stretch. There are NO routes and no contracts. The entire airline has no become a poorly managed charter airline. Days of sitting around waiting for the call to go to work. Coupled with no rosters and no specified days off as required by the GCAA. The Doc had long touted the coming India routes and so much business thay he was turning it way on a daily basis. In only a way the doc can, he managed to have a signed contract self-destruct and now plays second string to the Russian operators. Go have a look at the Midex website, it is 90% lies. There are very few pros here and overwhelming cons. I can say, I regret leaving another job to come here. Many others, actually most, feel the same way.

this outfit maybe need people for only a short time contract that would all get back in the saddle. any pro's & con's welcome

No such thing as a short term contract here. If you try to leave before your first year is up, they will try to stick you with a bill in excess of $8000USD even if you are still current a qualified on type. Not to mention a few guys they have fired over the past year and did not pay their back wages or buy the airline ticket back to their home country, which is required by UAE law. One individual even had the company go into his local bank account and withdraw all the money that was available after he was terminated. My advice is to stay far, far away form this place.

jumboengineer747
30th Sep 2009, 08:53
Hi, in answer to your point, no one hiring (yet?) but unlike last year several companies (DC8's & B727) out of miami are taking CV's rather than not.
Midex, I was wondering to get current again --10 weks away along time, so wondered how many a/c and per diiem rate (daily or block hour?) and where do they fly to? this job maybe Ok for 6 months; comments are not good but this could be used as a stepping stone--thought's?

747Comet
30th Sep 2009, 14:45
Would like to know why Midex are requesting ACMI rates for B747s?

jumboengineer747
1st Oct 2009, 10:20
Hi,
any information is great (good or bad), we all know fore-armed is forwarned!; however in our twilight years it is always better to know most of the picture than guess; I have not heard from them since their advert but maybe will write when I can see a bit more of the picture--with only 1 classic(limets flying etc) paid per dieums -by block hour or what etc etc this ACMI etc,
on Saying that several B727 outfits here don't always pay and bend the rules! (some may say what rules!!!!!!!!!!!)
Be safe all:)

cantbeafoolinlove
1st Oct 2009, 10:54
Well, what's up with AG leaving and F/E DM taking up his position as Director Ops, (3rd office he would be holding)???
Things gonna go better with this???
CBAFIL

jumboengineer747
1st Oct 2009, 11:07
if you work for them, is it only 1 clasic they have?
Is it true 10 weeks on and then 3 off?

noorex
1st Oct 2009, 12:44
Dude read all the posts and the picture wil emerge

jumboengineer747
2nd Oct 2009, 07:28
Hi,
Read all! I listened to rumours with regards to CX out of HK, few years later my buddy 's are captains on 400 or 777 on nearly $200,000, so not all rejects from interviews or training is a balenced view--however, I agree one must read between the lines and balence the "hatred" and the "love", hence I was trying to build a picture from 2009 NOT when it started - my thanks,
Fly safe

Fr8Dog
2nd Oct 2009, 19:17
jumboengineer747
Hi,Read all! I listened to rumours with regards to CX out of HK, few years later my buddy 's are captains on 400 or 777 on nearly $200,000, so not all rejects from interviews or training is a balenced view--however, I agree one must read between the lines and balence the "hatred" and the "love", hence I was trying to build a picture from 2009 NOT when it started - my thanks,
Fly safe

One would hope that you spend a little time and polish up on your English a bit before you head for that interview. Or at least learn to proof-read and run a spell check before you post something on the internet. If your resume reads as badly I would not hold my breath if I were you.

2Bad2Sad
2nd Oct 2009, 20:24
This just in forwarded from the crews operating in Al Ain.
The new and approved Sop, collect your pay and leave ASAP.
Will there be more information soon from the pilots there?
Several more have given the respect that was deserved an departed after breaches of contractual agreements.

Fish Head on Final
2nd Oct 2009, 21:08
So it is :ok::D

2Bad2Sad
2nd Oct 2009, 21:23
fr8dog,,,,,
talk to to yourur buddy again, word I am getting from there things have changed dramatically in the last 3 days.
Threats for training cost and prison are just some of the ones I have heard from there, just exactly what kind of company is this?
Crews let this get out of hand from the beginning, contract in the UAE are governed during entire duration of the period and cannot be changed until the end of the stated agreement between the 2 parties.
These Pilots signed the new agreement under threats, now they are trying to cut the pay even further.
Crews are leaving in the middle of the night after salary paid as what just happened again and will continue to be the new Sop.
Why has not the GCAA along with the UAE labor commission not been involved with this?

jumboengineer747
2nd Oct 2009, 21:25
Thanks for that, writing on a PDA in a car with out one’s glasses is not easy, however I was asking around for information, if you are so great (and time on your hands) why are you reading about Midex, you should be CP of American!, don’t waste our time unless you can answer a question on a Forum about work related issues.
To the rest, fly safe

jumboengineer747
2nd Oct 2009, 21:32
Sorry, My last aimed at Fr8dog, I have been asking around as an elderly co-pilot and my modern jet time is the “classic”, I was trying to build a picture, however our friend from the UK (2Bad2Sad (http://www.pprune.org/members/67502-2bad2sad)) has pointed out that things are not all sweetness and light over there – thank you
Fly safe

Fr8Dog
2nd Oct 2009, 21:40
jumboengineer747 Thanks for that, writing on a PDA in a car with out one’s glasses is not easy, however I was asking around for information, if you are so great (and time on your hands) why are you reading about Midex, you should be CP of American!, don’t waste our time unless you can answer a question on a Forum about work related issues.
To the rest, fly safe

Was just trying to help, in the mean time, get a f***ing haircut.

2 Bad, I will give him a call tomorrow and find out what I can.

I Love Midex
3rd Oct 2009, 16:23
The company can threaten as much as their covered little heads would like. Recent consultation with an Emirati attorney specializing in labour law confirms that:

1. All contracts in the UAE must be written in Arabic and signed by both parties to be a legal and valid contract. Midex has never offered an contract in Arabic for any pilot to sign. Thus, no contract exists there and the company has no legal recourse to enforce anything.

2. The cost to the company for a residence visa and associated other forms is approximately 600 dirhams. If they attempt to collect any funds greater than this amount upon an employee leaving, they are incorrect and will be challenged in court.

3. "Training costs" are recoverable by the company ONLY in the event a separate, signed training contract was offered. To my knowledge, no pilot has such a separate contract and thus is not liable for training costs.

At least three pilots have left in the middle of the night this week. Wouldn't be surprised if several more are to come, especially considering the constant degradation of terms and conditions here and lack of concern of those higher up. Apparently the planes will continue to fly themselves once the crews are gone.

cantbeafoolinlove
3rd Oct 2009, 17:20
cut in war zone allowance for F/Os and F/Es???
is that true????

I Love Midex
4th Oct 2009, 08:37
As of November 1st:

Iraq no longer classified as a "war zone" (according to the company), so no extra pay for anyone for flying into Iraq.

"War zone" pay into Afghanistan now reduced for all crews. New rates $200 per Z-day (not per trip) for Captains, $175 for F/O's and F/E's, $100 for loadmasters.

2Bad2Sad
5th Oct 2009, 19:03
Training Costs surely must be becoming astronomical concerning the high turn over of crews following recent contract implications.
Like a revolving door with this one.
Perhaps a change back to the original agreement could indeed save the company money and crews?
Surely upper managment can not be this stupid.

Roadtrip
5th Oct 2009, 20:17
Never underestimate the greed and stupidity of airline managements. Especially the scumbag freight outfits.

Dengue_Dude
6th Oct 2009, 11:37
Suspect it might be these:

http://www.pprune.org/freight-dogs/389985-fedex-european-operation-cologne-using-a300b4s.html

Fr8Dog
7th Oct 2009, 17:08
2Bad, Just got off the phone with my friend that is an engineer there on the 74. He is home at the moment and is scheduled to go back 10/17. According to him business is good, they are waiting for the 74 to come out of an "A" check and have two more coming. The pay thing is not great, but he says that if you signed a contract for the 10 weeks on and 3 weeks off the are honoring it. People have left, but he says it is mostly because of the 10 weeks in the UAE. The older guys with kids that are gone or in college are used to it as well as their wives. With the way cargo operations are right now, I would say that if you can take living in that part of the world and your family can handle the separation, it is better than no job at all. I can tell you that at Atlas things are starting to pick-up, we just brought back 13 F/O's from furlough out of the 30+ we had out. Hope this helps any of you contemplating going over there.

FR8

2Bad2Sad
10th Oct 2009, 22:24
fr8dog,
Not the same tale from the Al Ain crews.
UAE labor comission and lawyers now involved late pay an contract violations.
Crews are being asked foward emails to the commission.
Some have complied.

Fr8Dog
10th Oct 2009, 23:39
fr8dog,
Not the same tale from the Al Ain crews.
UAE labor comission and lawyers now involved late pay an contract violations.

Why do you ask me to speak to my friend if you have all of the poop?
You asked, I called him, I reported, you reject it.

WTFO

I can only go by what he tells me, he works there, not me. :ugh:

FR8

2Bad2Sad
10th Oct 2009, 23:47
Thank you for the update fr8dog.
Seems we are refering to different ones there.
Not doubting your input.
Things are not so well in the land of sand as some imply from the forwaded emails.
Pay problems documented in the UAE labor commission.
For all to see.

ahk190
11th Oct 2009, 07:00
I saw the advert for crews (for “Desert airlines”) and questions asked by several members regarding:-
Pay, Payment, Number of A/C and any extra payments etc.
Some have been kindly answered and some of us have had a dig at the company or each other--- we are all on the same side! – Its management we need to watch for on here and to keep each other informed to the best of our knowledge.
May I suggest for those in the “know” pass on the good & the bad.
To-date I have learnt:-:)
Possible labour dispute with UAE, 10 weeks on 3 off, reduction in war zone pay for F/O’s & F/E’s.
They had the advert, so my questions are:-
When are they hiring, Do they pay on time now? Are they charter (ACMI)?
How many B747 do they have?---Thanks to date for all comments, interesting reading --cheers:)

cantbeafoolinlove
11th Oct 2009, 21:52
Just got the news of ex-DO, AG passing away. Sad indeed.
Surprised no one mentioned change of A300 CP and Director Maint???
CBAFIL

slowto280
17th Oct 2009, 05:02
Something must be going right!!!!!!!

AFI KLM E&M support for MIDEX B.747F @ AMTOnline.com Top News (http://www.amtonline.com/web/online/Top-News/AFI-KLM-EandM-support-for-MIDEX-B747F/1$9312)

:ok:

tomjonesca
18th Oct 2009, 11:32
Well, its been since March 24th that I've come back to here and read all the goings on about Midex Airlines. Who works here, who doesn't. Who has "reliable friends" here with good information. You all make me laugh. I wrote here before and I'll say it again: "If you don't work here, you don't know". Your "reliable friends" are usually full of it.

You all can tell my my screen name what my name is. I don't hide behind some crazy name for fear of being found out about. I work at Midex Airlines, I started here June 4th, 2008. I am a PFE (that Sunsetting Job) and proud of that fact. I am #15 on the roster, #8 PFE. So, yes, I work here. A few answers to all those who write here:

1. I was lucky enough to get five extra weeks at home while the 747 was in AMS for maintenance. When I got back, I got paid... everything that was owed me through the end of September. The company did not withhold any pay. Hope that answers that burning question posted earlier.

2. Yes, if you aren't here on the 1st of the month, you don't get paid till you are in Al Ain, no matter if you are on company business outside of here. Does this suck... yes it does. Why is it: its because two Airbus guys, last year, where home on days off. They found their way into a ground school for another airline during that time. The used every trick they could come up with to not come back on time: calling in sick, having family problems, whatever... until the end of the month when they got paid and then they quit. Is this the right thing to do... No. Does it happen... Yes. The owner of this company made the decision to change the fact we don't get paid till we are in Al Ain. He owns the airline, he makes the rules... contract or no contract. Has anyone stood up to him, don't know. I got the email from the UAE Lawyer, I did not respond. I accepted the way it is here. There is no other place in the world I can work as a PFE for the money I get. I can quit tomorrow, with no recourse if I so choose. After one year, everyone here can. I choose to stay and put up with things... I need this job right now.

3. In the past 5 months, only 5 crew members have left this company. Two 747s FOs and three Airbus crewmembers. Don't know why the Airbus guys left and really don't care. They have the right to leave... whether its in the middle of the night or by 30 day notice. DM made it clear that if you give a 30 day notice, you will be treated properly and the two 747s FOs were... as by the email sent by one of the to all the 747 guys. These two FOs didn't leave without a job. They went to Orient Thai to fly for a few months, more than likely for the Hadj. They left for their own reasons as we all will in time. One FO I know for a fact was upset because he felt he should have been a Captain. He had a type rating and some hours. He was denied an upgrade here. I flew with him... as nice a guy as he is, he was NO Captain. He did not possess the abilities to be a Captain. The company (Midex) made the right call on not upgrading him. But he was still upset. This may have been only one of his reasons for leaving, I don't know. I can't speak for the other FO, I have no idea why he left. But again, they left for their reasons... and only their reasons.

4. There is not big mass exit of crew members here as reported. I'm sorry to step on the toes of those that write that crap here. You all read about Midex hiring... yes, we are. The company has told us they are in the final processes of aquiring two more 747s from Air France. We all know in this business... until you're on the end of the runway pushing up the power in a new plane... you don't have a new plane. If the rumor is true, good for us. We will be hiring. Also, we hire to replace not only those that leave, but to add more A300 crews. We have always been understaffed on this plane and slowly, Midex is working to fix that. Don't always assume that because you read on a board Midex is hiring... and that you read the Crack Head comments here that we are having a mass exit of crewmembers... that is the reason for us to hire. There is no mass exit. If that were true, you would read that from Crewmembers that work here... not from those with "reliable friends".

5. After all this time, here, there are many things I don't like about this place. But I stay here because I've worked for seven other airlines and there were many things about them I didn't like either. They (Midex) pay me, they provide me with half way decent housing. Its a start up and DM is working his ass off to try and fix those things that are in need of fixing. Its a long and hard road because of who we work for here. Its not impossible but things take time. We are in a Arab world here.

So you all go right on ahead and post away. I'll come back in six more months and read all the dribble that's been posted here... when I need another good laugh.

For all you REAL pilots that post here... Fly safe. For the rest of you Flight Sim 2009 Pilots... well... enough said on that.[/FONT]

Dengue_Dude
18th Oct 2009, 13:48
Well said Tom.

As I said much, much earlier in this thread, every month you get paid at this time of the world, is a good month.

Best of luck, regards to John Casey if he's still with you (ABX)

cantbeafoolinlove
18th Oct 2009, 20:31
Well said Tom!
Well just quick question, is the 74 back yet?

@DD, I think John Casey is the new CP A300 after Jack was removed from the same post
Tom might be a good person to confirm the news.
CBAFIL

I Love Midex
18th Oct 2009, 23:12
I suppose I will respond to #15's post at a later time. Here's one thing in regard to your post though, slowto280. You linked to a press release about where Midex (doing nearly 9 BILLION EUROS a year, no less) is having their planes worked on. Here is one part of that release:

"About MIDEX
Midex Airlines currently operates daily cargo services to eight cities from its hub at Al Ain International Airport: Dhaka, Chennai, Mumbai, Karachi, Colombo, Beirut, Paris and Istanbul. It also operates charter flights to Iraq and Afghanistan. The airline operates a fleet of six A300B4-203Fs and one B747-200F. MIDEX Airlines is part of the MIDEX INTERNATIONAL Group which, in 2008 generated turnover of €8.9 billion (about AED 50 billion)."

May I ask please, how much of that press release is true? We don't operate daily cargo services to those airports from Al Ain. We go hardly anywhere at all, except for flying to Iraq (for no extra pay because apparently it isn't a "war zone" any more) and Afghanistan (for reduced extra pay). Most pilots sit around for a week at a time or more before they are called for a flight. Should we believe the other parts of the press release?

Midex International (whoever they are) does nearly 9 billion Euros a year in "turnover"? That is about 13 billion US dollars a year. Surely a company of that size would have some sort of recognizable, professional web site? I have traveled all over the world and have regularly seen FedEx and UPS trucks, even in some of the most remote places. Each of those companies does about $30-45 billion a year in revenue. Midex is doing about 1/3 to 1/2 half of that, according to the press release. I've never seen one Midex truck, or one Midex office, or one Midex anything except for a few planes on the ramp in Al Ain. The few recent Midex propaganda pieces I have found refer to freight carried for different carriers, some of which, like Emery Worldwide, are out of business and have not been in business (at least by that name) since 2001.

Sure am glad they changed the schedule to 10/3 though, for "better crew utilization." Among other things, they're too dumb to see that they have us at the complex roughly 25% more during the year than they did before, and still they send emails to crew members saying that they are using too much electricity. Duh. What will be next, charging for a portion of it? Probably.

ahk190
20th Oct 2009, 18:40
Thank you for your kind information, I can well understand the payment terms (not paid until back in UAE) but I worked for a 727 operator a few years back and if you did not fly, you were on 4hrs standby.Any smell of drink etc you were fired plus they came to visit you in the company housing to check at various times -so not a new idea.
I have heard that they are lookina at a 2nd Aircraft BUT this must depend on routes or charters? Do you go to Paris or is that stopped?
Great to hear a few F/E's alive and still kicking us when needed!
Be safe and thanks:D

747fanatic
24th Oct 2009, 06:28
Where did Earl's post go.
Management pressure?

Dengue_Dude
24th Oct 2009, 10:21
I suspect that Earl pulled it. So it may just be self-preservation.

Sometimes, when the red mist departs, it seems like the expedient thing to do.

Contrary to what people may think . . . people who tell the truth with no frills are not very popular.

tomjonesca
26th Oct 2009, 07:18
Mr. "I Love Midex"... since I know who you are, I don't neeed to respond to your questions about the Company Websight. Personally, who really cares about the Company's websight or what it says. I know I don't care. That websight was produced long before I came to work here and as you know by working here, nobody really keeps up with anything anyway. Besides, there are a lot more important things to worry about here.

At this time, the main core of business for the Company is flying into and out of Iraq and Afganistan. There is some things happening that if it all works out, will be a huge benefit for us, the crew members (747 and AirBus). As we who work here know, when we are pushing up the power, it must be true. Everything here is rumor... life in aviation.

Me personally, I hope things grow here for all of us. There are no jobs out there to be had... maybe Northwest might hire two pilots shortly though. I try hard not to put down the place that signs my paycheck. And since there really isn't any Midex employee on this websight that they don't know who they are, it might be a good suggestion for others to do the same.

Yes, John Casey is the new Chief Pilot for the A300 crews. Jack Barnes is continuing his work as the TRE/TRI for the AirBus crews.

The 747 returned from AMS a couple of nights ago. I flew it 24th. The plane came to us in very nice condition. KLM did a very nice job. Hopefully the other two... if and when... they arrive will be just as nice.

OK... that my job done for the next six months. Fly safe.

A300PFE
26th Oct 2009, 11:14
It could'nt have been said any better. Good job Tom !!!

Earl
26th Oct 2009, 13:06
I pulled my post because I did not want to start a pissing contest between some posters here.
But the numbers of pilots that have left Midex is much higher than some have posted, more like 12 or so that have left in the middle of the night.
The pay issue that AKH stated and says he can understand is not a good thing for any one at Midex or any airline.
Pay should be paid on payday for work already performed, on time every time, not just when in Al Ain.
Most have past the one year obligation, no excuse for this or claiming training cost.
If people leave well that's just a cost of doing business, happens in every airline,,,the ones left should not be punished because of this.
There are other jobs available, more are coming as the economy improves, , .
The pilot group at Midex does look after each other, this I can say is one of the best when it comes to times of trouble or hardship I wont expand on this but pilots here are like family, they do stick together.
Could really become a good place to work if they get this pay situation straightened out.

Fish Head on Final
26th Oct 2009, 15:40
Earl You are a man with guts,The truth hurts for some of the running brown noses.
Take care and give Mark best wishes from my.

airtraveller
26th Oct 2009, 16:27
Earl, I sympathised with your plight and believe you as an honorable and trustworthy man despite the short time that I had known you in your previous airline.
Just hang in there and though there are disappointments and shortfalls in the management in Midex, it's still a fairly secure job nonetheless.
Things will look brighter in the future I believe for the airline and the aviation industry on the whole.
Fly Safe.:):)

Airtraveller

3pointlanding
26th Oct 2009, 17:43
If you post, congratulations John! You've come a long way from the IASCO days.
I know little of the company other than that of what friends who work there tell me but I do know this, they lost the chance for a really, really good contract over the crew and other issues.

cantbeafoolinlove
27th Oct 2009, 20:02
Sorry for bit off the topic.
Condolences for the capt who just passed away couple of nights back. May his soul RIP....and family be strong enough to catch up with the great loss.
CBAFIL

3pointlanding
27th Oct 2009, 20:35
Your never off topic when recognizing a fallen crew member

Po Boy
27th Oct 2009, 23:13
He was a great person to fly with over at Atlas, he will be missed!

Earl
29th Oct 2009, 18:35
He was a good friend an honest person to all that knew him here also.
Great person to work with, always there if you needed him.
A type of person you could depend on in good and bad times.
He will truly be missed.
Godspeed M.E.

Kep Ten Jim
30th Oct 2009, 02:59
What was his name? I knew a few people who flew in Atlas

Willit Run
30th Oct 2009, 02:59
Is it a top secret who passed away? There are many in this world that might know him.

cantbeafoolinlove
30th Oct 2009, 10:52
I guess its not a top secret.
If the forums moderator has no problems with that, we can share the name.
Its in the honor and rememberance of the passed away.
Can anyone confirm if the family who came to see him are still there or have gone back?
CBAFIL

JW411
30th Oct 2009, 17:56
Why don't you just post the details of the gentleman's demise on the "Where are They Now" forum? I have found that this works very well.

freighterslave
31st Oct 2009, 14:20
His name was Mark Edwards and I "ditto" all the fine comments written about him. He was a good person the short time I new him. RIP and all the best to his young family.

airbusgus_2003
1st Nov 2009, 00:18
Its to my understanding his reamins will be transported out Of DXB on a Atlas freighter tomorrow back to the USA.
One fine Gentleman and Captain to all of us that knew him at Atlas and Midex.
Prayers for his family.

CR2
1st Nov 2009, 01:27
Condolence threads in "Where are they now" is the policy.

atlast
3rd Nov 2009, 15:56
Thoughts go out to wife and family and props to the CLASS airline that pulled through in the time of need, recognized an ex employee and brought him home because it was the right thing to do.

The final flight Westbound

RIP

2Bad2Sad
3rd Nov 2009, 21:54
Even bigger question why not Midex take full responsibility for transferring him home?
This had to be severe hardship on the family.
They are not in the cargo industry?
It took his past airline to get him home?
Good on ATLAS.

WhaleDriver
4th Nov 2009, 00:28
I wouldn't be too hard on Midex. From the VERY limited info I have, it was an insurance issue. Midex does not go to the US. His wife called Atlas for some help and they came thru. They run regular flights for Emirates to the US.

Kudos for Atlas for coming thru.

747fanatic
5th Nov 2009, 04:59
Midex will not do anything out of goodwill. From top to bottom there is no human element in this organization. Everyone fends for themselves only....those good at being two faced get comfortable.. rest walk away.

A300PFE
5th Nov 2009, 13:08
It would be nice if people wouldn't post rumors or hear say when it concerns a fallen Crewmember. If you don't know it for fact don't say it.

fob727
7th Nov 2009, 15:14
Mark was put to rest this past Thursday in his hometown of Enon, Ohio.

RIP, my friend!

cantbeafoolinlove
12th Nov 2009, 17:03
Topic seems dead for a while now.
Whats the latest? How is the new Vice CEO or whatever his designation is, doing?
Also how flying? still heavy flying in to Afghan and Iraq like was happening in past couple of weeks or done with those charters?
Any news on KHI/BOM, I dont think it would start??
CBAFIL

Dengue_Dude
12th Nov 2009, 17:23
I thought that Air France had got rid of the Orly sim. Is it still going or are they using CAE in BRU?

Eagle45
13th Nov 2009, 11:13
Last month they used CAE at BRU

MrIkea
14th Nov 2009, 08:19
If I'm not mistaken the A300-B4 sim @ BRU is the only one remaining in Europe... so it would make sense...

cantbeafoolinlove
19th Nov 2009, 17:31
Whats up with the flight(s) to Lahore, Pakistan?
Are these regular scheduled flights or same afghanishtan flight with routing through Lahore???
CBAFIL

Moretimeoff
21st Nov 2009, 12:28
What happened to the thousands of qualified resumes the so called docter said he had from people begging to work at Midex. Just another lie. So now they are trying to get people to pay for there own type rating on a dinosaur. Anyone would be crazy to do this for a job at Midex.:=

wheelbarrow
21st Nov 2009, 16:31
Who are they proposing to do the type rating for them and how much?
Are they guaranteeing a job at the end of the type rating?
What is minimum experience for command on A300?
Might be a way of getting some heavy time if not too expensive.

Moretimeoff
22nd Nov 2009, 02:19
Midex is advertising this on climbto350. Yes they say they will guarantee job, but do not believe a word they say. It would take you at least 3-6 months before you would get online to fly. Then you would only fly maybe 30 hours per month. There website showing lots of routes is all bogus. The only flying is into Iraq and Afghan. There contract they give you is only something to coax you into coming to work there. They change it and tell you if you do not like it tough hit the road. Talk to people working there before jumping into the frying pan.

Jetstream2008
22nd Nov 2009, 16:51
I was on-board the B4 that they had at Dubai Airshow last week. The Captain I spoke to indicated that another 742 was coming soon and perhaps 2No. 744's also. Did anyone else get the same info? Is it wishful thinking, given preceeding pages (ad nauseum)? He also said that the "spiral" approach at Baghdad was no longer required.

airbusgus_2003
23rd Nov 2009, 22:24
Midex you expect someone to self fund there own type rating or requail at a cost of 5000-12000 usd on a dinasour airplane.
Did you detail the fine print to them that they would be under a training contact until the end of the line check with only 500 USD a week salary and a 1 year obligation?
This could take up to 3 months or longer before full payment of salary?
Did you also state there was no life insurance when flying even into war torn areas, families might have a concern about this one.
Can you explain this as to how there is no life insurance and the war/charter money now paid was reduced because according to Midex the threat is no longer valid?
Lots of questions here.
More of us will leave soon, trust with this company left a long time ago!!!!
Contract is not worth signing as it means nothing, past has shown this.
BTW Jetstream2008
That was our fixed gear Airbus flown gear down from AAN to DXB,
Only used on special occasions such as this with the current Chief Pilot so he can feel like a hero when he says gear up and nothing happens,yet he completes the mission and gets to destination.
Need we say more?
Time for action John Boy, you are losing crews as we speak?

411A
24th Nov 2009, 00:35
Gosh, with all these derogatory comments, it makes our L1011 mob seem like a dream outfit...:}

ahk190
2nd Dec 2009, 19:02
Hi all,
I heard that they ordered 2 more classic,s (I admit $100mil is OTT-if true) to start in New year, they will need these and to fly all the B4's if all our guys are to got in place in a certain SH** H*le!;
I can see the problem with this outfit as for guys from the US they don't give any travel time to return home.
Heard they were going to improve things? how goes it?
PS Avient lost 3 good guys --fly safe in heaven!!:sad:

MrIkea
4th Dec 2009, 12:42
Aren't a couple A300 guys going back to ACL ?

airbusgus_2003
4th Dec 2009, 19:56
Getting better as we all expect.
Five days now since salary pay time, most crews have not been paid, nor any explanation from management as to when we may receive the already earned salary from last month, lets include the ones on days off with this.
Edited. Registering disgust without profanity is an art.
Pay for your own rating here?
You must be looking at the other non related benefits?
Bottom line Midex does not pay.

tomjonesca
5th Dec 2009, 04:20
Well, I'm back. Sitting in my apartment, I bit the bullet and came to PPrune to see what dribble has been posted lately by all those that "know about Midex". So, here we go.

1. The passing of Mark was a great loss to everyone that knew him. I personally didn't but I heard nothing but good things about him. Fact: his Wife did not call Atlas for help... David McLane made the call. He used his past employment there and friends to get the job done. David and Mark were good friends. Fact: the reason this was done is because of all the red tape that takes place in the UAE. The company (Midex) did step up and take care of everything possible, to include flying Marks's Wife and Mother-in-Law round trip to the UAE, took care of them while they were here and made sure everything that could be done was done. For those of us that have lived here for some time know that things take forever to get done. Asking Atlas to take Mark to the USA only helped to make things move faster. It was NOT because Midex wasn't trying to help. If you're gonna spit dribble here, make sure you know where you're spitting and at who.

2. Our monthly pay: Well, once again this is not a Midex caused problem for our pay ending in November. Right now, as I write this, the UAE is celebrating it's 38th year of independance (I agree, big deal). But the downfall to that is... everything that has to do with business is closed until Sunday. Everything has been closed since Dec 1. It's a 5 day celebration and there is nothing we can do about that. Our pay will be here when the banks open again on Sunday. Midex is NOT holding our pay for some unknown reason. Though I have to admit, they could have paid us early but... that didn't happen. Again, if you're gonna spit dribble, make sure you know where you're spitting.

3. Those that leave in the middle of the night: It has not been "more like 12" that have left. With the one that left on Dec 2nd, that brings our total leaving at 6. The others that left gave a 30 day notice. Those that left in the middle of the night were all Airbus guys.

4. December 2nd: Midex finalized the purchase of two additional 747-200s from Air France. They are "scheduled" as of today to be in possession in March, online flying by May. Don't hold me to this, we all know things change day to day. I only hope they are able to find crews to fly here based the current duty times required here.

5. I am not a one to stand on a box and shout the goodness of Midex Airlines. Midex has many problems... some of them are really, really bad. I don't know if they will ever be fixed because the owner of this airline has his own ideas about how an airline should be and how it's crews should be treated. We do things here that I have never experienced in 33 years of aviation and 7 airlines. But... I am here by choice and choice only. So because of that, I only complain to those I fly with... not on this websight. I read the "dribble" that some put here and again, it's not always correct information.

Midex has started a few new contracts for the Airbus... we can only hope it all works out as there are some snags in the program. Hopefully the learning curve will straighten out and things will get better... we can only hope.

OK... I guess I'll go to the Omni websight now and bad mouth them for awhile, since I did work for them 10 years ago and that qualifies me to go to their thread and say things that aren't true. You all have a good day.

Regards... Tom

tomjonesca
5th Dec 2009, 04:37
It is just me or is it very strange that of all the threads here on PPrune... that Midex is the #3 read thread here (next to "sticky" somethings and CargoLux)? Why is that? Why is an airline of 7 airplanes, that really doesn't fly anywhere and WAS an unknown till PPrune, be so darn popular? I sure don't get it.

This can be something that you all can dribble about. Have fun.

Regards... Tom :)

Earl
9th Dec 2009, 12:15
Deleted my previous post, probably best just to stay out of this one.
Will choose my views more carefully for the time being.

slowto280
11th Dec 2009, 02:12
Leaving your posts would have put the # of views through the roof, leaving tomjones to question even further why the new reality show, 'Midex Oasis', is such a hit!

I was lucky enough to catch them tho...... Thanks. :ok:

I Love Midex
12th Dec 2009, 07:43
A news flash from the rumour network says another A300 Captain (a South American one?) has deserted the ship. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If so, that makes 13 or 7, depending on who you ask...

More to come, too. And sooner than some people think. Even some of the operations staff are fed up with this place and are quitting.

MrIkea
12th Dec 2009, 19:06
As I previously asked, any (ex)-ACL guys going?
I heard that a lot of them are in the sim in BRU training for ACL again ?

One Outsider
12th Dec 2009, 21:29
As all the DHL A300 are going to ACL that might be why they are jumping ship.

Moretimeoff
14th Dec 2009, 06:07
People leave Midex because it is the pits working there. :ugh:

airbusgus_2003
28th Dec 2009, 01:21
OK TJ since you are on a real airplane with MIDEX, or so you think in your mind.
Ready for a head count tonight.
Just how many have left?
And why did they leave?
Contract not followed, Flight duty times being abused, aircraft less than air worthy.
Pay not being paid under contract terms an conditions.
Contract being changed without completion or notice,
Been how many in the in the last month leave?
Exactly what is your point here, not the truth.
You say you to stay out of company business but you also state in your post 387 that this one F/O should not be a captain.
I don't know him but since when are you a check airmen for pprune but not with midex or the gcaa and posting things such as here.
I do trust our D/O DM, as most of try to do,
He has fought for us and would probably be a no win situation if he had not intervened,
Your numbers are smoking bull crap.
Your judgment and check airman abilities are non existent.
Just how many have left in the past three weeks or in days to come on the airbus, or not a real airplane 747 in your view.
747 can be replaced very fast dime a dozen, A300 cannot.

A300 crews at MideX are also 747 qualified also.
You don't have this option.
TJ you have made many crews at Midex really angry with you recent post claiming to show the true picture here.just so you would know.

theXfactor
28th Dec 2009, 05:29
TJ,

Let me start out by saying you are nothing more than a company bootlicker. I cannot imagine as to why. I can only guess it is because this is your last job in aviation and your just trying to hold on long enough until your retirement kicks in. I have to laugh at your attempted usage of the word drivel but yet you keep saying "dribble". I wonder , by chance, if you also say the point is "mute" instead of moot. Are you a product of the California Public School System?

2. Our monthly pay: Well, once again this is not a Midex caused problem for our pay ending in November. Right now, as I write this, the UAE is celebrating it's 38th year of independence (I agree, big deal). But the downfall to that is... everything that has to do with business is closed until Sunday. Everything has been closed since Dec 1. It's a 5 day celebration and there is nothing we can do about that. Our pay will be here when the banks open again on Sunday. Midex is NOT holding our pay for some unknown reason. Though I have to admit, they could have paid us early but... that didn't happen. Again, if you're gonna spit dribble, make sure you know where you're spitting.

Of course you say it isn't Midex fault, I say it is. Once again the lack the foresight and planning to actually correct the problem before it occurs. Not only was nothing done but the employees were never told about the delay in payroll. Once again the crewmembers have to overcome the lack of planning because of piss poor management.
Let us not forget about the policy of not being paid when you one your leave rotation which happens to be against UAE labor law.
3. Those that leave in the middle of the night: It has not been "more like 12" that have left. With the one that left on Dec 2nd, that brings our total leaving at 6. The others that left gave a 30 day notice. Those that left in the middle of the night were all Airbus guys.

I know you have trouble with math but the count is much, much higher. I can definitely say that the attrition rate is running around 20%. That is pretty high for a company with less than 75 pilots. I find it hilarious that in the last couple classes, Midex has not been able to successfully hire a single A-300 Capt. Management wants to hire more crews but they cannot even keep up with the current attrition levels.
4. December 2nd: Midex finalized the purchase of two additional 747-200s from Air France. They are "scheduled" as of today to be in possession in March, online flying by May. Don't hold me to this, we all know things change day to day. I only hope they are able to find crews to fly here based the current duty times required here.

Its not like crew scheduling follows the duty times anyway or maybe they can just bribe more crews to break the duty time regulations or threaten to fire them if they don't break the rules.
5. I am not a one to stand on a box and shout the goodness of Midex Airlines. Midex has many problems... some of them are really, really bad. I don't know if they will ever be fixed because the owner of this airline has his own ideas about how an airline should be and how it's crews should be treated. We do things here that I have never experienced in 33 years of aviation and 7 airlines. But... I am here by choice and choice only. So because of that, I only complain to those I fly with... not on this websight. I read the "dribble" that some put here and again, it's not always correct information.

The only information here that is not correct is what you like to gloss over. The current problems run deep and continue to get worse day by day. I have also experienced things here that I have never experienced before and that is a BAD thing. Poor to non existent maintenance, putting unserviceable parts into airplanes, no life insurance even though we were told there is a policy, no rosters, firing one of the secretaries because she did not answer the phone fast enough, and the list goes on and on.
TJ, we know you are a BOHICA kinda guy and I suspect that you actually like it. Others deserve to know the truth about this disaster known as Midex, so maybe they will think twice before coming here.

Midex has started a few new contracts for the Airbus... we can only hope it all works out as there are some snags in the program. Hopefully the learning curve will straighten out and things will get better... we can only hope.

It is only a matter of time before these contract are screwed due to maintenance or should I say the lack of maintenance. We actual have ride along maintenance that does not bring tools along. Why do they need tools when they do not even have spare parts to fix the airplane.

Leaving your posts would have put the # of views through the roof, leaving tomjones to question even further why the new reality show, 'Midex Oasis', is such a hit!
I wonder who is going to be the next person to vote themselves off of the Midex Island?

Cpt Neil Ferther
28th Dec 2009, 07:54
Dear Mr Xfactor,

I hope you enjoyed writing that, as much as I enjoyed reading it.

Volverine
29th Dec 2009, 13:23
Hi Freight dogs !
Can you give us the actual package for B747 pilots ?
Salary, accomodation, transport, medical, typical roster, destinations.
All the gooddies...
Thanks.

airbusgus_2003
7th Jan 2010, 19:55
The latest word effective today from Midex AL Ain sand prison.
Safety officer BM just terminated for investigating over duty times, finding altered, forged reports to the GCAA.
More to come soon.

airbusgus_2003
7th Jan 2010, 21:42
These reports can be submitted under the new ROSI system for the UAE bypassing MR George and his low life values.
GCAA - Reporting Of Safety Incident (ROSI) (http://www.gcaa.ae/en/rosi/Pages/home.aspx)
If you ask a question about duty times and then the safety manager is fired when he finds the corruption, then its time to just file it your self and by pass this liar and all midex management.

Lion 01
8th Jan 2010, 10:37
Airbusgus2003(aka JW): I would get the facts about why the safety manager was fired before making any comments here!

thedude1
8th Jan 2010, 11:38
Since I am the only pilot at Midex with the initials JW, I think you are accusing me of being Airbus Gus. You could not be more wrong.
Yet another reason why I don't visit this web board very often.

tomjonesca
26th Jan 2010, 08:40
All I can say is: Its easy to beat up on someone when you hide behind the screen name skirt. At least I'm not afraid for everyone to know I posted here. A lot of Midex employees (and non-employees) have said something that someone else didn't like. We all post what we believe to be the truth (in our minds). Then the rest of us get to rebutt what they said and write what we think is the truth.

I never called anyone names here. There just isn't a need for that. But it seems a few of you have to do it behind your screen name skirts because you just aren't man enough to say it to someone's face. I'm not hard to find if you really have something to say to me. If I upset that many people, its strange how I only know about by reading it here.

Oh, and by the way... I did mean to use the word "dribble", because I like it.

Tom

Earl
30th Jan 2010, 03:38
Welcome to PPrune Tom Jones.
That's the way things go here.
Some times you are the bug, then other times you are the windshield getting slammed seven ways from Sunday.
Earl

B767Longhaul
18th Feb 2010, 22:19
Midex Airlines is now under a UAE GCAA spot audit for fraud after they discovered falsification of Crew Duty times. :=
They are also investigating the lack of post holder positions not being filled amongst other items that the GCAA has discovered. :=

The owner has left to hide while this inspection is being conducted, ( sticking his head in the sand ) :rolleyes:

cantbeafoolinlove
19th Feb 2010, 15:42
in this case, are the aircrafts still flying or everything is on ground?
how about the salaries, still coming to the accounts :}????

acer231
20th Feb 2010, 22:01
there are only 3 sims left in the world and they are in KCVG, Brussles and somewhere in India

Fr8Dog
20th Feb 2010, 23:45
acer231
there are only 3 sims left in the world and they are in KCVG, Brussles and somewhere in India

WTFO??? You are joking right?

WhaleDriver
21st Feb 2010, 00:33

What sims are you talking about?

Heilhaavir
21st Feb 2010, 01:04
Probably A300 sims ...

B767Longhaul
3rd Mar 2010, 04:35
DGCA has ordered all Midex aircraft to Abu Dhabi for parking. Looks like they are going to be grounded and the AOC terminated, or suspended until all problems are sorted out. :=

B767Longhaul
3rd Mar 2010, 04:48
Looks like the AOC will be suspended or revoked, all aircraft have been ordered to Abu Dhabi. A shame to ground the fleet for certain management puke's personality flaws, , ie forgery, := Time to build a cross and crucify certain management individuals. For it is they that will cost all of the employees their jobs in the end.

XpressOne
5th Mar 2010, 12:41
The jungle drums say that the AOC was suspended on Tuesday night due to allegations of falsification of crew records and a lack of suitably qualified post-holders to fulfill the requirements of the AOC. UAE GCAA audit team was supposed to be in and all aircraft returned to Al Ain and grounded.

However there has been nothing in the press and apparently calls to Midex are met with denial that there are any problems and that they are flying normally - anyone seen anything official ?

CR2
6th Mar 2010, 18:50
Like it or not, I chopped a few posts. Let's keep this about the airline.

I have heard the jungle drums too.

anyone seen anything official ? Let's take it from this quote.

411A
6th Mar 2010, 20:26
Let's take it from this quote.

If true, a real shame.:sad:

CR2
7th Mar 2010, 04:30
How can the post holders be not suitably qualified? Midex had an AOC? Or? Seems back to front to me. Something doesn't compute there.

lack of suitably qualified post-holders to fulfill the requirements of the AOC

:confused:

Lion 01
7th Mar 2010, 10:52
It should have been stated the lack of postholders and not suitably qualified post holders. Several of the positions were open due to deaths, terminations and resignations at the time of the GCAA Audit. The company will recover from this and the Audit will be a dark cloud with a silver lining.

XpressOne
7th Mar 2010, 17:31
Interesting article http://www.arabiansupplychain.com/article-3792-exclusive-uae-cargo-operator-slams-closure-report/ (http://www.arabiansupplychain.com/article-3792-exclusive-uae-cargo-operator-slams-closure-report/)

Seems the rumours of Midex demise are not true or are they ??

It is strange that they blame the lack of post holders on the death of director's of quality and safety within the last 14 days ? I was under impression that at least one of them was fired after threating to expose the falsification of crew hours ?
Exclusive: UAE cargo operator slams closure report

by Sarah Cowell and Robeel Haq on Mar 7, 2010

UAE-based cargo operator Midex Airlines has slammed rumours that its Air Operators Certificate (AOC) has been revoked by the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA).
The allegations, which have been circulated on a number of online forums, were fuelled by the death of two post-holders at Midex Airlines – its director of quality and director of safety.
However, speaking exclusively to ArabianSupplyChain.com, the airline’s director general Jassim Al Bastaki stated that contrary to the reports, a number of cargo flights were scheduled for this week.
"I can confirm we have not had our AOC taken away. It is right here in my office with me,” he said.

"The GCAA is running a standard operational audit with us at the moment, which all airlines undergo two or three times a year. Tomorrow at 10am I have a meeting with the GCAA where I must submit the names of my two new post-holders, the director of quality and the director of safety. We had to find people to fill the gaps within 14 days and now it is just a case of submitting their names. The rumours that Midex is out of operation are not true. We have cargo flights operating today and I expect to be operating a cargo flight tomorrow afternoon."

The claims were reinforced by a statement from the GCAA’s director of safety, Ismail Al Balooshi.
“GCAA is currently reviewing the operations of Midex and is working closely with them to resolve operational issues. This is a routine activity conducted by GCAA with all its operators in the region,” he told ArabianSupplyChain.com

newFE
10th Mar 2010, 13:18
does anybody know if the trouble is solved?

thanks.:confused:

captseth
10th Mar 2010, 14:49
>>>does anybody know if the trouble is solved?<<<<<

No, I think they still have an AOC for now.

bowdowntothedoctor
11th Mar 2010, 03:40
It is stunning to exist in the "culture" that allows one to blatantly lie to a news source solely to save face. Perhaps Mr. al Bastaki actually believes what he says?

"We have cargo flights operating today and I expect to be operating a cargo flight tomorrow afternoon..." Mr. al Bastaki says.

Interesting how this story was written on 7th March and Mr. al Bastaki himself was present at the meeting 3rd March wherein it was announced the AOC had been suspended pending corrections of many serious ("Level 1") issues. Putting appropriate post-holders in place was merely one of the issues raised. If any cargo flights actually are operating, they are not being operated by MIDEX aircraft. They are sub-contracted.

Review the comments section of the above-referenced "Arabian Supply Chain" article and you will see others mentioning the same things.

newFE
18th Mar 2010, 10:49
Please, Could Anybody Working For Midex Confirm That They Are Flying?
The Lack Of Info Seems To Indicate The Things A Going Bad.

Thanksssssss

ahk190
18th Mar 2010, 16:08
Still flying

cantbeafoolinlove
18th Mar 2010, 19:59
so that mean the crafts are back in air???

newFE
18th Mar 2010, 20:15
does anybody knows if is there any spanish crew on A300 please?

thanks

ea-eu
18th Mar 2010, 21:53
I talked this afternoon with a friend of mine working there.
They are 100% NOT flying yet.

Pilot 55
19th Mar 2010, 12:21
They seems to be :ugh:
and eating dust due to some bad management of Dr P--Y and his trusted idiots like George

newFE
25th Mar 2010, 09:32
any news from Midex?:}

aeroground
25th Mar 2010, 12:51
heard today they still have the GCAA in AAN

Fr8Dog
26th Mar 2010, 02:05
I heard they were being bought out by FedEx, Done deal!

slowto280
26th Mar 2010, 10:10
Check your facts, I heard it was the other way around. Something about easy name integration..........MidEx :ok:

Pilot 55
26th Mar 2010, 22:54
Confirmed news, MIDEX has offered its airplanes through a USA based company for sale.

ErwinS
27th Mar 2010, 11:44
Yesterday evening F-GCBM arrived at AMS after storage at Vatry. She is the new classic to join Midex. 2nd one will be F-GCBL.

Seems that MidEx is still alive and kicking.

newFE
27th Mar 2010, 15:54
:ok: midex 747 in action:

YouTube - GREAT MIDEX AIRLINES / BOEING 747 - DUBAI / United Arab Emirates (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLS3QaCwOR0&feature=related)

:D

cantbeafoolinlove
28th Mar 2010, 06:10
^Awesome video. I would say I want to see more of Midex Aircrafts.

With 2 more 74s joining the fleet, any chances for upgrades for pilots and F/Es from B4 to 747?
CBAFIL

PS: Sorry if it was a too stupid question to ask.

cantbeafoolinlove
1st Apr 2010, 10:02
Whats the latest news guys???
I heard a rumor that Midex might be flying in few days time. Any truth?
CBAFIL

747JJ
1st Apr 2010, 14:41
My my how I miss that wonderful airplane :eek: Nice video too.

Storpikk
7th Apr 2010, 09:47
On and off on and off on and off.....good business plan this buffoons have!!!...LOL
:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

aeroground
7th Apr 2010, 12:41
understand 4 A300 parked with ADAT on care and mtce programme

global707
7th Apr 2010, 13:23
Seen them all sitting there, looking in good nick actually
:bored:

Dispatcher001
11th Apr 2010, 08:23
Do they still O/G, what's the staus of the company???

cantbeafoolinlove
15th Apr 2010, 22:32
Heard AOC re-instated last evening with some test flight for the aircraft coming out MX soon!!!!!
High time Midex to get back in air.
Whats the news on new beast (747) joining???
CBAFIL

Gulfstreamaviator
16th Apr 2010, 13:34
Read the closest to a report on www.thenational.ae (http://www.thenational.ae).

glf

ErwinS
26th Apr 2010, 07:22
<Whats the news on new beast (747) joining???>

F-GCBM is in a D-check at SPL. Will become A6-MDI.

ErwinS
26th Apr 2010, 13:48
And just arrived at SPL, F-GCBL, the third MidEx classic.

moggiee
12th May 2010, 20:56
I've been seeing their aircraft come and go from my office window for a couple of weeks now - so yes, they are flying.

Bone225
13th May 2010, 02:13
:= Not for much longer := :ok: :D

ErwinS
13th May 2010, 07:40
All three 747's are now at Schiphol. MDG in the paintshop, GCBM/MDI waiting for delivery and GCBL in a c-check.

cantbeafoolinlove
15th May 2010, 22:10
I thought MDG already had the standard Midex livery!!!! are they planning to change the livery?
CBAFIL

ErwinS
16th May 2010, 06:03
She was there only for some minor patching up. Left yesterday and back in service.

Paladini
25th May 2010, 01:24
News just in.....

One of the MIDEX 742's is AOG in OAI. Crew hit a maintenance stand during taxi sometime last night.

Crew possibly out of duty day, 24hr / 7 day standby seems to be de rigeur. :mad:

aeroground
25th May 2010, 01:36
not the best place to be AOG, the slot boys will not be happy with ramp space being taken up, interesting to know the story behind this the GCAA will hopefully publish the info

African Queen
25th May 2010, 03:55
One of the MIDEX 742's is AOG in OAI ???????????????

Ingrish preeze!

I Love Midex
25th May 2010, 04:49
Broken down in Bagram, Afghanistan.

Pilot 55
26th May 2010, 00:56
The incidence is well known now, here are a few points to ponder.
1. Is there a pre flight inspection procedure in MIDEX or if its there is it being followed? Its obvious that there is LACK OF TRAINING AND SAFETY OVERSIGHT.
2. Crews had their required rest? It seems that they were in a hurry to keep the times with in limits, still if you calculate the time crews initiated the flight and according to the time that they started taxi in a hurry with the stairs still connected, it looks that they were in panic to leave, any how they could have completed the flight beyound 16 hours in any case.
3. Do they have some kind of recovery plans as needed by the regulatory authorities?
4. I remember an incidence once an Airbus of MIDEX stayed on ground as they went to Bagram without the fuel planning and were stranded as there was no arrangements of fuel for them.
5. Are they flying under some kind of safety oversight?

In the end the culture of blamming the crews will take its course once again and some one or may be a few will be fired again to satisfy the authorities and to hush up the case...:mad:

Guru8904
13th Jun 2010, 15:50
What are the hiring minimums for FOs on B4/742? Is it true that they are hiring guys without type rating? Any idea about a bond and the T & Cs? Thanks in advance.

Guru8904
17th Jun 2010, 09:48
Anybody hearing? Answers please!

Bone225
17th Jun 2010, 10:46
The end is near.

SassyPilotsWife
25th Jun 2010, 17:56
Are you actually excited that the airline could possibly be shutting down resulting in pilots losing their jobs ? Perhaps you lost yours there ? Add HEAD to your nickname there buddy. It suits you. :ugh:

cantbeafoolinlove
25th Jun 2010, 18:27
^^LOLZZ^^

How is everyone feeling about the recent commuting changes?

CBAFIL