PDA

View Full Version : Beware LOOP text competition

cotterpot
31st Dec 2006, 07:51
I entered the text competion on 29/12 in this months Loop and to date I have received 5 automated messages that my entry has been forwarded and each time my phone has been charged, so far I think I'm down over £12.00.

I have emailed LOOP and Buzz marketing, I will let you know how I get on getting a refund.

Anyone else had this problem?

cotterpot
31st Dec 2006, 08:04
Update: I have received an email from the Managing director of Buzz saying they will investigate and get back to me.

Boing_737
2nd Jan 2007, 07:32
Try sending STOP in reply to those messages. Their system should be setup to react to that message and stop sending you SMSs.

cotterpot
2nd Jan 2007, 07:38
Thanks Boing, I'll try to remember that - however they do seem to have stopped now - just a question of getting the cash back.

shetlander
2nd Jan 2007, 12:59
Thanks for that. I entered aswell and received two text messages from them. Let us know how you get on with getting your money back.

Cheers,
Shetlander:cool:

Boing_737
2nd Jan 2007, 16:32
Try sending STOP in reply to those messages. Their system should be setup to react to that message and stop sending you SMSs.

BTW, that should work for any text messages that arrive on a subscription basis e.g. if your kids have tried to get the latest frog ringtone, inadvertantly subscribed to one of the ringtone pirates and had all their credit taken taken up with unsolicited ringtones! (I think that made sense - first day back at work etc.)