PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Airlaw

pedalbin
29th Dec 2006, 12:30
Hello,
I am training in Spain and will be sitting my PPL theory exams soon, in Spanish:eek: . My knowledge of Spanish extends to ordering a beer so this is going to be interesting to say the least, but I will be working out here for some time so I thought I would do my PPL while here.

I have the Pooley (Thom) set of books, and can see from my limited experience that there are some differences in Airlaw between UK and Spain (for example in Spain a flight plan is required for every flight).

Is anyone familiar with the differences between UK and Spanish airlaw? Ideally I would like a book (in English) that explains Spanish airlaw.

Also if anyone has already sat the exams in Spanish - do they allow a Spanish-English dictionary in the exam? I asked my training school and they aren't sure.

Thanks

DaveW
29th Dec 2006, 13:32
The Spanish AIP is here (http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?cid=1078418725020&pagename=AIS%2FHome_AIS&SMO=1&Section=1&c=Page&MO=2), and should help you. It's provided in English and Spanish. (You need to register, but it's free)

Jamongris
30th Dec 2006, 08:48
Hi Pedalbin,
I was in the same situation as you a couple of years ago and, guessing from your location, did it at the same airport (cuatro vientos ?)
There arenīt actually that many differences between Spanish Law and the UK, so if you learn the fundamentals in English and then study example questions in Spanish you should get there. Law is the hardest in another language though, it took me four attempts to get through !
You will not be allowed an English dictionary in the exams, and I donīt think it would help. They like to play on the words so literal translation wonīt be any assitance.
By the way, I believe (and I stand to be corrected) you donīt actually need a flight plan for every flight in Spain. The thing is virtually all AENA airports are controlled, so you do if you use them. Another difference is that, although you will have to study the rules of night time VFR, you will not be able to practice it.
If you need more info feel free to PM me, Iīd be happy to meet up for a beer and a chat, and give you copies of example questions if it helps, although Iīm sure your school can do the same, depending on who it is.
Good luck :ok:

pedalbin
22nd Feb 2007, 20:16
Pleased to say I passed all 9 exams first time, so they are out of the way. I did have to work very hard though but it can be done!