PDA

View Full Version : looking for flight schools or clubs in Birmingham UK

robin28
20th Dec 2006, 19:10
hey guys l am moving to Birmingham UK early next year , so l am looking for any information regarding to flight schools or clubs any links would help me a great deal.

BlueRobin
20th Dec 2006, 19:19
The Private Flying forum would be a better place to ask...

Do you want group A flying, helicopters, gliding, microlighting?

This will help
http://www.flyer.co.uk/directory/

Which side of Birmingham are you moving to?

Depending on which, try Wellesbourne, Coventry, Halfpenny Green (Wolverhampton) or even Tatenhill, assuming group A or H

pj-hypersonic
21st Dec 2006, 09:24
I've flown from all four of those airfields and can recommend some clubs. Wellesbourne Aviation is very good; nice premises, and fairly new aircraft - mainly Robins. The Flight Centre at Halfpenny Green is also worth a look. Although I've never flown with them, Coventry Aero club seem to have nice premises and fairly good a/c, and I have flown at Tatenhill Aviation too. The airfield is the quietest of the four, but their fleet is ok, and staff are all friendly. Hope this helps.

llanfairpg
22nd Dec 2006, 01:02
Go to Tattenhill unless you like weekend flying with a challenge of 6 in the circuit, 4 waiting to take off and two joining.

Oxeagle
22nd Dec 2006, 08:29
I can't say much for the other clubs in the area, as i've never flown with or visited them, but i'm currently training with Wellesbourne Aviation and as pj-hypersonic says, they are a very good training organisation, I can't recommend them enough. Exceptionally good instructors with a very high level of teaching, very nice fleet of aircraft (4 x Robin HR200, 1 x Robin 2160, 3 x PA28 Warrior, 1 x Piper Arrow). The club itself has a professional, organised and unified atmosphere to it whilst at the same time still being friendly and welcoming. Finally, the prices are also very good, have a look at their frequent flyer scheme.

Just one thing: If you do decide to fly at Wellesbourne Aviation, make sure you get plenty of slots booked in advanced, it is extremely popular!

Ox