PDA

View Full Version : Zoom UK

Pages : [1] 2

Walt737
16th Dec 2006, 14:32
Zoom Uk have started recruiting cabin crew for their new operation out of LGW. All applications are being handled online. Apparently they are looking for Cabin Managers and Cabin Crew.

www.airlinerecruitment-zoomuk.com is the site

Should be quite a good opportunity for those wanting to join a new operation with solid foundations.

tiggerific_69
16th Dec 2006, 15:51
thanks for that :ok:

leisurelad
16th Dec 2006, 23:45
Evening All,

Thanks for the info. anyone know if they are setting up an ops dept here at gatwick.

Cheers
leisurelad

NCL1
18th Dec 2006, 10:30
is it only LGW that they will be recruiting for in the UK or is this planne dto expand to other UK bases?

tiggerific_69
18th Dec 2006, 10:34
it appears to be LGW only at the moment

vodkaholic
18th Dec 2006, 12:52
does anyone know exactly what airports Zoom Uk will be flying to? i know on the recruitment website it says the East coast of America, but just wondered if anyone had any more info.

Also, do you know how they will be working their standby duties? Will standbys be interspersed within your normal monthly rosta? Or will you have a whole month of standby duties?

Thanks to anyone who has any info!! :ok:

SuperBoy
18th Dec 2006, 15:52
I stand to be corrected but I read an articale in the mail stating that they are planning to fly to NYC initially with plans to start flying to SFO.

Airside London
18th Dec 2006, 16:22
Based at London Gatwick, you will be flying on long-haul routes and it's envisaged that you will be undertaking between five and six trips per month. Most of these will be three-day trips to the east coast of North America. As there route network expands, roster patters will change over time to encompass new destinations and trips of up to five days.

Virginia
18th Dec 2006, 19:21
What experience do you need to be a senior or a cabin manager?

vodkaholic
19th Dec 2006, 11:58
Based at London Gatwick, you will be flying on long-haul routes and it's envisaged that you will be undertaking between five and six trips per month. Most of these will be three-day trips to the east coast of North America. As there route network expands, roster patters will change over time to encompass new destinations and trips of up to five days.
lol, well i read that on their website but i wanted 2 know the exact routes. thanks superboy!! think i'd get a bit bored just flying to new york 5 times a month to start with lol.

Airside London
19th Dec 2006, 15:06
:hmm: , I think MCO is one of the first destination's ;)

SuperBoy
19th Dec 2006, 15:39
Airside London,

You seem to be in the know. LOL ;)

Airside London
19th Dec 2006, 17:39
Airside London,

You seem to be in the know. LOL ;)

Well you know me :p ...

SuperBoy
19th Dec 2006, 22:00
Apparently I do, :hmm:

Check your pm. :)

aar4n5
20th Dec 2006, 12:51
Just sent my application off for Zoom at the end of the form it says that one day standbys will be rostered the day before a rostered flight and that they will being doing this until more routes start up then it will be a block standby.
They also state that due to crew fatigue they want all crew to commute the night before although not sure how they plan to enforce this.
Still not 100% on the routes they will be doing ??? Can't find anymore info even the Zoom website has no route information.

tiggerific_69
20th Dec 2006, 12:59
i applied and dont remember seeing that at the end of the application form

aar4n5
20th Dec 2006, 13:29
It was at the end when you confirm everything is true and accurate and you send it away. Did you get the confirmation email shortly afterwards?

tiggerific_69
20th Dec 2006, 16:33
yep i did.still dont recall seeing that though

vodkaholic
20th Dec 2006, 19:20
i too have applied and didn't see this at the end of the application. i got a confirmation email, but nothing in that either about standbys...however, i suppose that has to be good news for commuting crew. but if they want to enforce that crew commute down the night before a trip they will have to provide accomodation, or at least give a crew discount i would have thought...

206cc_jim
20th Dec 2006, 22:54
I have just gone back to my completed application and gone through every page, i cant find where it mentions that about sby's ....

odd... oh well it is interesting but i'm sure if/as and when we need to know that info it will be communicated to us!!

vodkaholic
20th Dec 2006, 23:05
expect they will explain it to the lucky ones who get interviews!!

tiggerific_69
21st Dec 2006, 00:24
Definitely not on the last page....

Application ID: XXXXXXX Print Your Application

Acknowledgement
Your application will shortly be acknowledged by email to the following address:

[email protected]

All relevant details of your application will be included in this acknowledgement for further reference.

You have now completed the initial online application process. Your application will now be reviewed as soon as possible. Should we require any further information or require you to participate in the selection process you will be contacted.

Thank you for applying

aar4n5
21st Dec 2006, 10:32
sorry for the confusion everyone it didn't say about the standbys at the end of the application its in the new advert on aviationjobsearch.com :ugh:
Just recieved an email from Zoom asking if i wanted to apply for anything other than main cabin crew, there is Grade A cabin crew £12,500 with 2+ years flying experience. Cabin Manager £18,500 4+ years wide bodied supervisor experience and trainers £18,500 with the relavent training expereince.
Anyone else had this email??

vodkaholic
21st Dec 2006, 14:41
yep i got this today. i can't apply for anything other than main cabin crew though as much as i would like to he he because I don't have the experience. Seems very good money though for cabin managers!

aar4n5
22nd Dec 2006, 11:10
me too i just fall short of the 2 years experience requried for Grade A crew so have go for main crew. Sounds like its gonna be a good set-up just wanna know what the routes are gonna be.

vodkaholic
22nd Dec 2006, 12:06
some people have said florida, others have said new york. but they are going to be looking at doing more routes when its up and running. sure we'll find out soon!

EGKK-Boi
22nd Dec 2006, 14:21
Yeah i got this email too today, i'm in the same boat, so its main crew for me too... mind you after going as the number 2 yesterday on a SH flight i think i'd tear my hair out as the 2 on a LH flight...

I really would like to know what destinations they plan to serve

Virginia
22nd Dec 2006, 15:43
What is Cabin Crew Grade A?

Bandit_70
22nd Dec 2006, 18:24
What is Cabin Crew Grade A?

Experienced cabin crew only

Good luck all,hope to see you at the selection days...

EGKK-Boi
22nd Dec 2006, 21:23
i would imagine thats their equivlent of assistant purser/senior cc...

teachin
23rd Dec 2006, 08:35
Applied this morning! Will let you know!
Teach

Gear
27th Dec 2006, 13:33
Hi guys,
New on this forum which i visited to get some info about zoom. Have also applied last week , and received this email too (asking to specify the position wanted). Applied for Cabin Manager and can't wait to get news now. Did u get any ?
Thx.

KUMOOZ
27th Dec 2006, 15:44
On the question of routes.
The first aircraft will be operating to New York for the summer :)
Good luck to all that have applied, Happy New Year :ok:

hawkieboy
28th Dec 2006, 19:15
4 trips to NYC a month.. Bring it on :-) Better than 45 mins in Copenhagen :-)

Good luck everyone!

teacoffee
29th Dec 2006, 07:18
Hi there applied at the weekend but haven't received an email back from them yet. How long did anyone have to wait?
Thanks & good luck to everyone :)

Gear
29th Dec 2006, 07:41
Hi there applied at the weekend but haven't received an email back from them yet. How long did anyone have to wait?
Thanks & good luck to everyone :)

Hi teacoffee (sugar, no milk, please)
I think i received it like 3 days after i had applied.
Wish u good luck too.
X.

teacoffee
29th Dec 2006, 07:52
Thank you
maybe their offices closed over holidays so wont panic yet!! :)

crib08
2nd Jan 2007, 19:05
Does anyone know how they go about employing the crew manager, i.e lenth of service you have with previous airline all that?

vodkaholic
2nd Jan 2007, 20:08
here is what is said about cabin manager in the email they sent out.

CABIN MANAGER
You must have four years flying experience, two of which as a senior role onboard a wide bodied aircraft would be preferable.

Salary £18,500 + 10% pension contribution

is crew manager different to cabin manager??

FlyJumbo
6th Jan 2007, 11:08
Can anyone help? I have recently applied for cabin crew at Zoom, but have not received any confirmation e-mail saying that they have received my application. On their website, it now states that the applications are now closed, and I am now worried that they have not received my application. I sent it off at the end of december. I was wondering if anyone had any reply from them with a direct e-mail adress or a telephone number in the UK that I would be able to phone them and ask them.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks
FlyJumbo

Off Stand
6th Jan 2007, 13:04
Jumbo, a mate, my sister and I are all in the same position as you, sent it off last week.

babymax
6th Jan 2007, 14:08
i apllied for cabin manager received e mail back but it was blank so dont know if they received mine.just have to wait and see.any one heard anything.

Off Stand
6th Jan 2007, 17:28
I have just received an email from them saying that they are reviewing applications over the next few days.

FlyJumbo
6th Jan 2007, 20:48
:ok:
Thanks offstand for the information. fingers crossed

vodkaholic
6th Jan 2007, 21:19
i just recieved an email saying they will be conducting phone interviews between 10-13th of january. and if you are successful at that stage then you will be asked for an interview. so good luck to everyone!!

Nipps
7th Jan 2007, 13:48
Does anyone know what its like to work for zoom airline?

vodkaholic
7th Jan 2007, 13:52
zoom airlines is a new company in the UK. they already have a base in canada, but after putting a post in the canadian forum nobody replied, so i'm guessing there are no canadian zoom crew on here lol!! there is already a post in this forum about the recruitment for zoom uk.

MagicDust
7th Jan 2007, 21:12
hello,

i have also applied, only the other day, yet to hear anything, but i would love too work for them, all those new york trips..........heaven!

x

z4boi
10th Jan 2007, 05:58
hey, i think i may be the first Canadian Zoom crew writing in. Hope this helps, sorry to correct you vodkaholic "zoom airlines is a new company in the UK. they already have a base in canada" You are right about it being a new company , but it is actually just a sister company, you won't have a mixed crew of canadian flight crew and such, consider it more like the virgin group, its a new company under the Zoom brand group. Anywho, i managed to get some info, apparently there's a 757 and a 767 that you will be operating to new york in. Apparently zoom canada was supposed to be getting another 767, but i guess it is going to zoom uk. It is very exciting to have zook uk start up, hope it is as successful as us.

Working for zoom is great, although a uniform change would be nice over here in canada, kinda wish we had a suit like most airlines. * I hear talks of a revamp on the uniform with the sister company starting up, we will just have to wait and see. crossing our fingers* Yup great company to work for, well taken care of, annual company christmas party is over in the caribbean. Nothing comes before safety at Zoom, better to have a delay than to have something that will put people's lives in jeapordy. There's a real emphasis of teamwork and "one crew concept" over at Zoom, in the name of safety, just cause your a junior doesn't mean you can't call a wrong, in terms of safety, on someone more senior. that's just all in a nutshell.
anywho hope that helps some with info.

hostiegirl
10th Jan 2007, 11:29
how long have you been working at zoom in canada??;)

MissApproach
10th Jan 2007, 16:04
i just recieved an email saying they will be conducting phone interviews between 10-13th of january. and if you are successful at that stage then you will be asked for an interview. so good luck to everyone!!

Hi All

Has anyone had a telephone interview yet?

I received confirmation of my application on the 30th Dec but nothing else since. I did already state in my application that I like a more senior role as I have flown for a looooong time! I don't want to keep playing snakes and ladders :) (up and down the career ladder) if you know what I mean! An interview would be nice though, It sounds quite exciting.

vodkaholic
10th Jan 2007, 18:40
nope i didnt have my telephone interview today...still 3 more days to go though! he he

Off Stand
10th Jan 2007, 21:06
I hope they didn't try to call me today as I got called out to operate a Calgary trip and orange pay you go doesn't work here! Home tomorrow lunchtime, so will see then.

z4boi
10th Jan 2007, 21:35
:) how long have you been working at zoom in canada??;)

Hi to answer your question, im in my second year of service at Zoom canada.

hostiegirl
12th Jan 2007, 11:44
Hi to answer your question, im in my second year of service at Zoom canada.[/QUOTE]

i've sent you a pm so check your messages!:ok:

has anybody had a telephone interview yet? what sorts of questions do they ask and do they ask many questions on the uk operation as it's hard to find out exactly what routes/plans are as lots of rumours but website only mentions north america to start with:)

vodkaholic
12th Jan 2007, 14:09
i havent had mine yet...but i read on cc.com that some people have. the questions they ask you seem to be quite in depth. some people are even having telephone interviews who weren't emailed about them...

Off Stand
12th Jan 2007, 15:09
I have just had my phone interview, really nice chap. Only lasted about 10 minuites. The first part is confirming what you wrote on your application form is correct, i.e. you're over 18, can live and work in the UK, etc. Then there was 2-3 questions about teamwork, communication, onboard sales. I will hear within 7 days by email if I am through to the interview stage.

Smokehood
12th Jan 2007, 17:20
I had my telephone interview/chat today too, for Cabin Manager, the guy seemed nice on the phone just got to wait 7 days for email now.

He did say interviews will be from 23rd Jan and course is 16 March in LGW

vodkaholic
13th Jan 2007, 18:55
well today is the 13th, and the email stated my interview would be between the 10th and 13th...and i haven't had it yet. what do you think is going on? People who havent even had emails have had interviews and people who did get the email haven't. very odd...and doesn't inspire much confidence really.

Airside London
13th Jan 2007, 19:09
Wait , it's the weekend and the office staff would not be in till after the weekend .

ltn and beyond
13th Jan 2007, 20:21
I had my telephone interview today at 1900!! At first I had a missed call at 1630, then I called them back in the evening. I was surprised they were still working at that time!

The guy was very nice, and asked the same sort of questions already mentioned on this forum. Although, I don't think I was giving the answers they were looking for as he kept repeating the question!

Now the wait, I have been told is 3 to 4 days, then the interviews will be 23rd and 24th Jan. Fingers crossed!!

Good luck to everyone, I think Zoom will really take off when it starts!

vodkaholic
13th Jan 2007, 21:12
Yeah, as it said on the email the interview would be taking place between 10-13th Jan, i assumed they would be working at the weekend. I wonder why I haven't had mine yet, maybe they changed their mind, or maybe the interviews took longer than they thought so they are extending it till Monday or something...

MissApproach
14th Jan 2007, 15:57
Yeah, as it said on the email the interview would be taking place between 10-13th Jan, i assumed they would be working at the weekend. I wonder why I haven't had mine yet, maybe they changed their mind, or maybe the interviews took longer than they thought so they are extending it till Monday or something...

I agree, if that's when you were told it would be then you would expect to hear from them. Good luck if you do get that call!

It is all a bit bizarre.. I know of 5 very experienced cabin crew from different airlines that have applied and none of us have heard anything other than confirmation of application!? Unless there is something very particular that they are looking for like Charter experience or Low cost!? I wish I knew what it was!

Walt737
14th Jan 2007, 17:33
ive had my telephone interview today. the chap was very helpful and he explained they have been quite inundated with applications. one of my mates has had a further email today explaining that tlephone interviews are being extended due to the vast numebr of applicants. which i guess makes it more difficult for us. fingers crossed as i am really keen. they sounded dead friendly and professional.still have no ideas what they are looking for as the questions were the typical teamwork type.

vodkaholic
14th Jan 2007, 18:36
yeah, i have recieved the email saying that they are still reviewing applications and conducting telephone interviews, so there's still a chance!!
people who have had the interview are saying we need to know a lot about the company...didn't know there was much to know about Zoom UK as its new.

Gear
16th Jan 2007, 08:08
I agree, if that's when you were told it would be then you would expect to hear from them. Good luck if you do get that call!

It is all a bit bizarre.. I know of 5 very experienced cabin crew from different airlines that have applied and none of us have heard anything other than confirmation of application!? Unless there is something very particular that they are looking for like Charter experience or Low cost!? I wish I knew what it was!

Well as for me, I applied mid Dec. Got the confirmation. Then the email asking to specify the position wanted. To which i replied.
I have charter experience on B767, low cost.
Dunno what's going on. Didn't even receive the email about telephone interviews.

If anyone does know... please tell me.

teacoffee
17th Jan 2007, 08:03
hi there
Is anyone still waiting for a phone call? :confused:

oneroam
17th Jan 2007, 17:00
Hi Tea/coffee,

I was beginning to think I was alone on this subject too!!

I also have not received a phone call and do check my phone regularly making sure that not missed a call or something!!

I received an email stating that they had my application and that was about it, so just have to wait and see I guess,

Fingers crossed that they call us soon, otherwise their loss!!!

Best of Luck

tiggerific_69
17th Jan 2007, 21:58
hi guys
they called me for a phone interview today but i was on abother call at the time,and the phone number in the voicemail is apparently an "incorrect number" when i try to dial it,it was an 0800 number. Does anybody have it? Please PM me,thanks :)

vodkaholic
17th Jan 2007, 23:18
when they called me for the interview it was a with-held number. the email they sent asking you to state which position u want 2 apply for had an email address in it, i would suggest emailing there and explaining.

tiggerific_69
18th Jan 2007, 08:13
i didnt get a missed call it just went straight to voicemail so i dont know if it was withheld or not. i emailed them last night,so hopefully i'll have more luck with that.

vodkaholic
18th Jan 2007, 12:02
they said that they were going to leave messages for the people who couldnt get hold of them, so are you sure it was zoom that called and not somebody else??

wilco5
18th Jan 2007, 16:16
Hi to everyone that has applied for Zoom UK.
Had my telephone interivew today after applying for the Grade A position. Like everyone else I was a bit worried they weren't going to ring, recieved a blank e-mail back from them after filling in the application form. However they did ring me about 3 weeks after filling in the application form online. Was starting to get worried. The telephone part of the interview went very well today and have got my face to face interview 30th Jan. So good luck to anyone that has applied and hope to see you on the 30th! Good luck to all those that have their interviews before as I believe they are being held from the 24th
:)

vodkaholic
18th Jan 2007, 16:52
so they told you straight away on the phone after your interview?? they are doing very different things for different people. i had my telephone interview on monday and was told i would get an email about the assessment day. and now they are telling people straight away. someone else had a phone call telling them they had an assessment day...i've got the say though considering the assessment days are next week. it doesnt give people much time to prepare for them. i'm not holding out much hope for an assessment day cos didnt htink the telephone interview went very well, lol but well done to you guys who have got this far!!!

G-KRIS
18th Jan 2007, 20:23
hi all,

I had my phone interview today, by a really nice chap from zoom. He asked what position i wanted, and i replied grade A cabin crew.
However, after he conducted the interview, he told me to come in for a interview on the 30th, for a Cabin Manager postion.

He didnt ask if i'd had senior experience, which i havent, as i've been at BA for 7years and you never get promoted on longhaul for years!!!

I'm really looking forward to going. Been doing a bit of research and sounds like a great company. I hope i'm good enough in the interview!!

wilco5
19th Jan 2007, 09:46
Hi, to vodkaholic I wouldn't worry too much i'm sure you'll be fine and as you say it's prob jus because it's not long till the interview days that they are telling people over the phone. I guess there's been so many people applying they have a back log of applications now and to cut down on how many they have to call back I guess they are just saying there and then. Still fingers crossed for you and everyone else. :)

G-KRIS
19th Jan 2007, 13:29
hi

vodkaholic, don't worry too much. As wilco said they've probably got a massive back log. He said to me on the phone they'd been really busy and still trying to get round everyone. Good luck, and sure you did just fine!!!
Wilco...see you on the 30th!!! i'll be the nervous one!!!!

vodkaholic
19th Jan 2007, 16:46
thanks guys! still haven't heard anything...but i do think that zoom have had more applications than they expected. still got my fingers crossed!! and good luck to you both on the assessment days!

oneroam
20th Jan 2007, 16:35
Hi Guys,

Anybody else out there receive an email today saying no thank you!!

Informed me that I had not been successful however will be recruiting in the future so please do apply again....

Got 10 years experience under my belt and still no interview!!!

Really don't know what these airlines are looking for any more,

Any body got an ideas?!!

Had four interviews last year with major large airlines but still no joy.....:{

Just glad that still have a job.....

ex cabin crew
20th Jan 2007, 16:42
Same here - had email last week saying they were doing telephone interviews but didn't get called and had email today saying I was unsuccessful. Over 10 years experience too!

Good luck to everyone who has got interviews coming up!

vodkaholic
20th Jan 2007, 16:49
i have just had an email from them saying:

Further to our previous communication we are writing to keep you informed on the selection process.

The results of your telephone interview are still being reviewed. This is taking longer than anticipated due to the extremely high volume of applications we have received. We will be in touch within the next week to advise if you have been successful in progressing to the next stage of our recruitment process.

We thank you for your patience.

Well, i thought the assessment days were all next week, with the exception of the one being held on the 30th...so it might be ab it short notice if i have been successful...i really dont know what they are looking for if you guys havent gotten through and have 10 years experience...you would think they would want experienced crew. did you apply for cabin managers or a-grade cabin crew? i would have thought if they didnt htink you were good enough for that poistion maybe consider you for main cabin crew....who knows..

ex cabin crew
20th Jan 2007, 17:01
I applied for A Grade - I left flying 5 years ago so don't think I meet the requirements for recency. Would have been more than happy to work as main crew but it obviously wasn't meant to be.

Walt737
20th Jan 2007, 17:04
i too have had the no thanks email following my telephone interview. a friend of mine has told me that they have recruitment days beyond next week. so i am sure there will be ample time. i have to say that i have had emails from them along the process and they bloke i spoke to during my telephone interview was very helpful and friendly.

i have had interviews like these before and the people behind the phone were vile. in nov i applied to another airline at lhr and i am still waiting to hear from them. so i cant complain how ive been handled...... but i am disappointed. will have to try again i guess:*

ex cabin crew
20th Jan 2007, 17:12
Good luck Walt with the other airline!

I suppose when an airline is inundated with applications they can pick the best which is understandable. At least I got an email so can look around at other airlines now.

italianlad
21st Jan 2007, 12:02
Hi guys..
Does anyone know why I havent received anything from them 'till today ? Sent it off 3 days before the closing date and didnt get even an a-mail to saying no thanks... very odd ...
My partner got the assessment on the 30th and been offered cabin manager straight away... lucky him !!

Im still waiting anyway ...:ok:

AirSurfer
21st Jan 2007, 17:31
how would any airline offer some one cabin manager straight away on a telephone interview ???

babymax
21st Jan 2007, 18:03
yes very strange why people are saying ive been offered cabin manager after a telephone interview i find it hard to believe.ive been offered an assessment day for cabin manager but i applied for that position,im not 100% whether too go,dont think its all what its been boosted up to be,i spoke to recruitment and some info they gave me doesnt add up.

AirSurfer
21st Jan 2007, 19:11
hey babymax what info u talking about that doesnt add up?

oneroam
21st Jan 2007, 22:01
Yes babymax please do tell us...

It will make me think twice about applying again if I see them advertising for crew again later in the year...

Actually the airlines I had interviews with last year and was unsuccessful with, they are still advertising for crew.

Obviously I was not their cup of tea!!!

Think 10 years is too much experience for them and they will be unable to mould my mind in to their way of thinking - well I can only guess!!!!:bored:

G-KRIS
21st Jan 2007, 22:11
yes, babymax, tell all!!!!

I've got my cabin manager assessment day on the 30th.

I'm really looking forwrd to it and done alot of research into Zoom, and it all seems ok to me.

The reason i'm likely to be a bit hesitant is that i'm currently at BA and have been for the past seven years, and to leave after that time is abit difficult.

I know it's very rare to leave BA for another airline, but it's not all money and glamour there, believe me!!

Good luck to any one with forthcoming interviews

MissApproach
22nd Jan 2007, 08:31
Same here.. Over 10 years experience too... then the rejection email!?

It is disheartening . I just don't understand it and wish I knew why. It seems they have missed out on some very keen and very experienced crew.

I thought I may have got rejected as I have no low cost or charter experience. I am a qualified Av-med instructor too and thought maybe they would be looking for trainers in the UK!?

Oh well I think us 10 years + old school Cabin Crew should start up our own Airline...!?

I just hope we have been rejected for the sole reason that they have had too many applications.

Maybe when the interviews are over we will get some insight into what they want.

Good luck to those that got through and those of us that didn't.

MissApproach
22nd Jan 2007, 08:55
i really dont know what they are looking for if you guys havent gotten through and have 10 years experience...you would think they would want experienced crew. did you apply for cabin managers or a-grade cabin crew? i would have thought if they didnt htink you were good enough for that poistion maybe consider you for main cabin crew....who knows..

Hi!

When I applied to Zoom online I was unable to select what position I wanted. Then when I printed up my application It just showed that I had applied for Main cabin crew. I never received an email asking what position I wanted. Was there somewhere on the online application where you could select what position you are applying for?

Vodkaholic I hope you get some positive news with regards to your telephone interview.

Off Stand
22nd Jan 2007, 09:11
Miss Approach,

I am in exactly the same position. Ideally, I would have prefered to apply for the A Grade position.

vodkaholic
22nd Jan 2007, 11:53
Hi!

When I applied to Zoom online I was unable to select what position I wanted. Then when I printed up my application It just showed that I had applied for Main cabin crew. I never received an email asking what position I wanted. Was there somewhere on the online application where you could select what position you are applying for?

Vodkaholic I hope you get some positive news with regards to your telephone interview.

thanks missappropach!!

when i applied you also could not select which position you wanted to apply for, but i did recieve an email asking me to state if i wanted main cabin crew, a-grade or cabin managers. when i went back on the website to see if anything had changed and the application had changed and it asked at the point of application which position you wanted to apply for. not really sure what is going on with this company, but i hope that it all works out for everyone!!

mamficat
22nd Jan 2007, 14:32
Hi everyone
When I applied I only had the choice of main cabin crew, so when I had the telephone interview I asked if there were any other positions and they put me forward for A-class.

ltn and beyond
22nd Jan 2007, 14:45
I also found that when I completed the application that there was no option for which position you wanted.

I have had a call 2 days agp inviting me to the assessment day on the 24th, and it was then, that I asked to be put forward for A grade crew. The chap seemed very helpful, but got the impression that there were 'no more' positions at interview to be filled for A grade! He said he would put me forward for that but also asked if I would be happy with main crew.

At the end of the day, I am happy to get into Zoom, Im sure, there will be plenty of opportunity for promotions in a new, expanding company.

Anybody got any tips on getting though the group interviews, as I have done this sort of thing for 6 years!!

Good luck to all

vodkaholic
23rd Jan 2007, 13:21
Well, i got the call today and have been invited to an assessment day!! i'm actually really pleased because I felt the telephone interview could have gone better, but I guess I was wrong! He called me back afterwards to confirm what position I wanted to apply for...so I said main cabin crew. He must have been able to see that was the only position I could have applied for though. I think I will go to the assessment day just to see what they are like as a company....quite excited about it now!

ltn and beyond
23rd Jan 2007, 14:57
Thats great news vodkaholic!! What day are you going on? I'm going tomorrow, hope it all goes well! After the telephone interview, I have a feeling the 2 to1 will be intensive!

Good Luck

Tommietola21
30th Jan 2007, 13:04
Hi Everyone

I'm new to PpruNe, and this is my first thread!
I noticed the last Zoom Uk post was locked.,Has anyone been for a CC interview yet, or awaiting one? I had mine last week so I'm just waiting to
find out now!!! Any more confirmation on routes etc etc??

vodkaholic
30th Jan 2007, 14:21
I am going to an interview this week tommietola! any advice? what does the day entail etc? am very excited about this, as its a new airline, i have no idea what to expect! well done on getting through the whole day, and let us know when you hear!! which position did you interview for? i'm just going for main cabin crew.

G-KRIS
30th Jan 2007, 21:14
hi, i had my intervew today. didn't get through. 4 of us with experience (i have 9 years) didnt get in.

Dont know what they want.

Vodkaholic....pm me if you like and i'll tell you the details of want went on!!!

Tommietola21
31st Jan 2007, 20:11
Hi Vodka, I was going to reply but Wilco beat me to it, lol. When is your interview day? They are all a really nice bunch, very friendly and down to earth. Good Luck!

sang
1st Feb 2007, 11:24
:uhoh: I have 9 years of flying experience and have senior cabin crew experience with full service airlines. I am endorsed on the same aircraft and have a masters degree in aviation management. Went for the Cabin Manager position and not even a phone interview. So good luck to everyone, i rekon it will be a great cabin crew job. Perhaps us oldies with experience can't be taught new tricks????? No hard feelings.

vodkaholic
1st Feb 2007, 12:22
G-Kris and Tommie - cheers for the offer of advice, my interview was yesterday!!!

i really enjoyed myself actually, although found the day very intense. i got through to the very end and felt that my 2-2-1 interview went very well! although I couldn't think of an example for one of the questions! so just gotta wait now for a letter to come through my letterbox, then i will have some deciding to do i think!!

also, people at the interview who had a LOT more experience than me didn't get through the first and second rounds. i suppose they must have their reasons but considering this is a brand new airline you would think the more experience the better really. however, i'm not complaining because who knows this might have gone in my favour!

good luck to everyone who has interviews today and tomorrow!! :ok:

Tommietola21
1st Feb 2007, 14:45
Well done on getting through to 2-2-1 !! It's never easy regardless of the airline.
I share your point on expereinced crew, I have previous experience with MYT, but not a great deal, and there were people there that had been flying for years, at senior level! The only conclusion I can come to is that (if your day was like mine) there where 25-30??? people there.

I would say a 3rd of those were applying for CM or Grade A, when in reality the initial launch will be with just 1 B767 until later in the year, so competition for the position is much higher. I think also, they are really looking more at attitude and energy, as it's a start-up and th4ey need crew that are really ''up for it'' lol!!

Let me know how you get on Vodkaholic!!! I've been waiting since last week, not sure how much longer until I burst! I really want it now!!!

vodkaholic
1st Feb 2007, 21:52
Yes, that is a good observation actually tommietola. i was quite shocked when the MD told us that including everyone working in the office, andf light crew the total n umber of employees of Zoom Uk would be 85!!! i thought they would be looking for thousands, but guess I was way off the mark here lol. But then as you say initially there will only be one aircraft.

Maybe the more senior people who applied, would not be happy to take a more junior position, as let's face it there will obviously be more of these available. People who were at my interview day were on £20,000 with their current airline and if asked to drop down a grade for the job, well it may not be realistic for them.

Could be 9 days until we hear!!!! So hang in there, and the worst is over now! (unless you count this wait! he he!)

Tommietola21
2nd Feb 2007, 11:20
This is the worst part I reckon. wait, and wait.............. and wait!!
I hope we hear soon, I've got a feeling the letter will arrive Tuesday for some reason, apparently there are more interviews today/tomorrow?

vodkaholic
2nd Feb 2007, 13:13
Well, I know they were definitely holding interviews on the 1st and 2nd. Not sure about the 3rd, as its a Saturday, but could be!! Well, the 9th is a whole week away today...

tiggerific_69
2nd Feb 2007, 17:10
they are most definitely holding interviews tomorrow (saturday)

Tommietola21
3rd Feb 2007, 12:35
So has anyone heard anything post-interview yet?? I'm waitin' and hopin'!! :rolleyes:

muckrucker
3rd Feb 2007, 17:36
Hi Folks,

I have been following this thread for weeks re: ZOOM UK cabin crew recruitment. What I would really like to know however is what's happening with ZOOM UK pilot recruitment. This topic has somehow avoided Pprune thus far. Has anyone heard how many pilots have been hired and if so, under what conditions (pay, schedule benefits etc)

Can someone shed some light? Anyone?

Feel free to reply via pm....

KUMOOZ
3rd Feb 2007, 19:47
That is because this thread/forum is for cabin crew issues.
For the latest on recruitment visit the flyzoom website where the latest position is posted by Zoom.
Recruitment is complete for flight deck on the first aircraft. For terms and conditions there is a seperate forum where your post may be answered.
Safe flying

Tommietola21
5th Feb 2007, 20:35
Hiya

Any Zoom UK crew wannabee's heard anything today? I'm hoping that letter will drop through the door tomorrow!!!

Fingers Crossed!

wilco5
5th Feb 2007, 21:36
hi tommietola21 :) not heard anything yet, i really hope a nice letter drops through the door tomorrow too! Fingers and toes and eyes crossed!

Tommietola21
5th Feb 2007, 22:05
Yeah me too Wilco! :)

I have a feeling tomorrow will be d-day, though we'll probably be here saying the same tomorrow, lol!

Tommietola21
6th Feb 2007, 10:13
Has anyone had ''the letter'' yet?? Mine didn't come today, another 24 hours to suffer, lol.

wilco5
6th Feb 2007, 12:30
lol yeah I know, it's like torture waiting. I guess they must have a lot of stuff to go through. Hopefully we'll hear tomoz fingers crossed. Will let u know soon as I hear anything.

Tommietola21
6th Feb 2007, 12:48
yeah me too - I've got absolutely everything crossed at the mo!

Tommietola21
7th Feb 2007, 17:20
Was the postman kind to anyone today guys???
Not me :( still waiting

teacoffee
8th Feb 2007, 09:17
Has anyone heard anything today?

nic30
8th Feb 2007, 10:48
Got a letter from Zoom this morning to say they have been inundated with applications and they are still interviewing. They are planning to let me know by the end of Feb. Its going to be an agonising wait!

Tommietola21
8th Feb 2007, 12:15
I've Got It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Excited - Starting March 26th - Wooo Hoooo!!

U And Me Roddy!!! :-)

nic30
8th Feb 2007, 12:48
Well done Tommietola! Can't believe I still have to wait and hear! You weren't by any chance at the assessment day on the 24th were you?

vodkaholic
8th Feb 2007, 12:55
Well done tomietola!!!! You have done really well.

I had a letter today and I didn't get it....I'm not too bothered as I had already decided not to accept it if I did get it, so decision made really ha ha. I think I know why I didn't get it.

Well done to all who have though! I'm sure it's going to be a successful new airline in the UK. and I might apply again in 6 months time!!

nwuklad76
8th Feb 2007, 13:42
Well I've also had the 'inundated with applications' excuse also!! There's obviously something very fishy going on.... My interview was the 30th. Has anyone else heard from that day????
Seems strange that they are offering some, yet telling others no and others that they will have to wait longer.
:ugh:

nic30
8th Feb 2007, 14:12
nwuklad, what position did you apply for? I went for cabin manager. Wonder whether we've been put in a 'maybe' pile? Hope we don't have to wait to long!!

Tommietola21
8th Feb 2007, 15:57
Hi Nic

Yes I was on the 24th!!! were you too?!

nwuklad76
8th Feb 2007, 16:39
I applied for the Cabin Mgr role. A colleague of mine at my current airline also did and got the same letter.

I too am startin to feel that maybe we are the 'back -up' bunch incase some don't accept the offers of employment........

Carmen Miranda
8th Feb 2007, 17:16
I was there on the 30th as well and also got the "maybe" letter. Don't worry folks, let's think positive and hope this is good news. As per another forum it seems that they are still working on the CMs. Who knows this is a maybe for an upgrade to 18500 p/yr?? :ok:

AirSurfer
8th Feb 2007, 17:58
first flight seems to be applied for on the 7th june

Discounter Zoom Airlines eyes JFK-London route
Canadian discounter Zoom Airlines hopes to begin non-stop service this summer between New York JFK and London Gatwick. The carrier has filed an application with the Department of Transportation to start Boeing 767 service on the route beginning June 7. Travel Weekly (free registration) writes that "Zoom Airlines was established as a Canadian carrier and still offers scheduled service from eight Canadian cities to five U.K. destinations, including London (Gatwick), and from four Canadian cities to Paris. But last August the Bank of Scotland acquired a minority stake in Zoom for about $11 million, and the company said it planned to use the money to establish Zoom U.K. to fly to non-Canadian destinations, such as the U.S."

Tommietola21
8th Feb 2007, 18:03
Sorry for those of you who didn't get it/still waiting - I know how agonising it can be as it's been 2 weeks since my interview!

I hope good news is on the way for y'all!!!

vodkaholic
8th Feb 2007, 18:12
Tommie, are you definitely going to accept it? do you fly at the moment?

has anyone else had a letter through today?

Tommietola21
8th Feb 2007, 18:16
Hey Vodka!

Yep I'm definately going for it - Ican't wait!! Have you heard yet????
I haven't worked as crew since leaving MYT a couple of years ago

fly me
8th Feb 2007, 18:18
i cant belive i got in! i was there on the 24th tommi! pm me!:)

nic30
8th Feb 2007, 19:09
Hi Tommie

Yes I was there on the 24th too. Congrats to everyone who got the job- what position did you all apply for? Does anyone know if the contracts are permenant?

wilco5
9th Feb 2007, 09:22
Hi guys, congrats to everyone that has had good news so far!!! Fingers crossed for those who are still waiting to hear :) I got the good news letter yesterday start 2nd april. I look forward to working with you all :D

Tommietola21
9th Feb 2007, 16:19
well done wilco and flyme (I PM'd you!)

is either of you starting on 26th???

I can't wait!!!:)

vodkaholic
9th Feb 2007, 19:03
well done all you guys!!!

no, tommie i didnt get it. i'm not too bothered though. their loss!! ha ha

i hope it all works out...sounds like a great airline to be working with from the very beginning!

Tommietola21
9th Feb 2007, 21:44
Awwwww - sorry but at least you're still happy!!!
Anyone else heard anything today???

c.r.m what is it
11th Feb 2007, 12:16
Hey guys, does anyone know the number we have to ring, if you don't get letter! I am stuck in Canada at the moment, and am bitting my nails right down!

hope somebody can help!

Tommietola21
11th Feb 2007, 14:58
hey CRM I'll PM you with a number when I get home later on

:-)

c.r.m what is it
11th Feb 2007, 18:14
thanks for that, very grateful!!!!

Tommietola21
11th Feb 2007, 20:07
Good luck anyhow - who knows, if you've been in Canada for a few days it might be there already!

Tommietola21
13th Feb 2007, 12:04
Is anyone else starting on March 26th??

Can't wait!:D

Smiler77
14th Feb 2007, 10:38
Hi there...

Congratulations to those who have been successfull :D

I have also been accepted and start on the 16th April... Anyone else starting then?

I look forward to be working with you all!

Smiler :)

Tommietola21
14th Feb 2007, 12:19
Hi Smiler

Look forward to working with you too! What position are you doing??

vodkaholic
14th Feb 2007, 13:57
Was anyone here at the assessment day on Jan 31st? Would be interested to see who, if anyone, was offered the job!!

Smiler77
14th Feb 2007, 14:46
Hi there

Tommietola21 - Thanks for your reply. I got A grade. Am really excited! Its going to be great working for a new airline from the begining..

Vodkaholic - I was there on the 31st and got it... Were you there?

Bye for now

fly me
14th Feb 2007, 16:25
hi guys has anyone applied for their visa yet? i might just be stupid but its really complicated! questions like when do you intend to arrive in us?, what address? are you intending to work? how long? purpose etc! i dont bloomin well know! can anyone help please>:bored:

Tommietola21
14th Feb 2007, 16:47
I know hun I'm coming stuck too!! but then the cover letter kind of say accom etc will be c/o Zoom so not sure we need to put it in??

Have you called to book an appointement yet, or are you doing it online first? - do we even NEED to call to book an appointment as we're Crew??

I'M SOOOOO CONFUSED!!!

vodkaholic
14th Feb 2007, 16:54
aren't zoom helping you apply for your US visa? normally the airline will book you an interview time as well. or you will go to the embassy on a day during your initial training.

smiler - i was on the 31st too!! unfortunately I didn't get it! who were you? lol. well done for getting the job though!!

tamtam2
14th Feb 2007, 19:25
I don't get it... are you guys doing training in the US?! Or is this for work like layovers and such?

vodkaholic
14th Feb 2007, 19:53
tamtam - you need a US visa to fly anywhere West of the UK (in my understanding) and although Zoom dont have the routes yet they will be flying, I think they are planning for it to be JFK.

Puritan
14th Feb 2007, 22:14
Err, crew don't need a visa for Canada... & that's certainly west of the UK!

tamtam2
15th Feb 2007, 02:24
You'd imagine that Zoom UK would be doing this or is it the responsibility of the crew to obtain necessary visas....actually.. it does say that in my manual that crew responsibilities include necessary work visas for destinations. So makes sense.

wilco5
15th Feb 2007, 09:48
yeah even with my current airline we had to go and get the visa ourselves and fill out the form etc...
They did book the appointment and we went as a group however if u can book it for a convenient time yourself I think it'll be easier.
I might be able to help with what needs to be filled in on certain parts of the form, this is what I had to fill in when I went and it seems to be fairly generic.
Answers to questions:
24 Various
25 Various
26 Max 14 days
27 Transit
28 Zoom Airlines

28 was my current airline name but I presume you just put the company your working for.

Apparently when u print it out it MUST be in black ink on A4 paper. You MUST also have a passport photo with white or off white background which MUST be stuck (glue) or stapled to the form.

for your appointment you should have

passport
form DS156
form DS157 (if male)
Covering Letter on company headed paper
Money for visa
and £10 to cover courier charge for returning your passport.

As I say I hope this helps and good luck to you all going up there.
Oh and just to clear it up, you only need your visa if you are entering the US or leaving the US as crew. Not if your flying west of the U.K. or if entering and leaving the US as a passenenger. If your flying to the carribean etc... you will travel through US airspace and will have filled out a form from the department of homeland security, but this isn't a Visa.

wilco5
15th Feb 2007, 09:50
oh and I almost forgot, if you have trouble printing out the form or accessing the website like I did, dont worry they have a few computers at the end of the que in the embassy that you can fill out and print out the form. These computers are constantly logged on the forms and the staff are very helpfull.

Tommietola21
15th Feb 2007, 09:51
That's re-assuring!! Thanks Wilco!!

wilco5
15th Feb 2007, 10:07
no probs, if it makes life a lil bit easier i'm all for it lol :)

vodkaholic
15th Feb 2007, 12:15
yeah, i did say that it was in my understanding that you n eeded one to fly west of the UK, because this is just what I was told. but i was obviously told wrong information.
how long does it take them to return your passport back to you? because i've got to go up to the US embassy in march to get mine, but i assume i cant continue with flying duties until i have my passort back. yet have been rostered flights for a couple of days after!!! :confused:

Mefly
15th Feb 2007, 13:06
Hi

They courier your passport back to you and someone needs to sign for it (they need to see id if it's not you). I got mine back in about 3 days but it can take longer if they're busy!

vodkaholic
15th Feb 2007, 15:36
oh god! well, that will probably put my whole rosta out then! wonder if my airline thought of that...:ugh:
thanks for the info anyway!!

adamski..
17th Feb 2007, 16:22
When do the cabin manager applicants find out? Has the second round been held yet?

Tommietola21
17th Feb 2007, 18:52
Are you going for Cabin Manager Adamski? Booked my visa appointment today, yay!

fly me
18th Feb 2007, 18:26
is ant body starting on the 26th course and needs accomodation? i live down south and will need somewhere for course but wondered if anyone else is? dont really wanna stay on my bod for 4 weeks!

teacoffee
23rd Feb 2007, 20:49
Does anyone know if Zoom have the licence to fly yet?
Havent seen any flights advertised & am a bit apprehensive about handing my notice in at my current employer.

wilco5
24th Feb 2007, 11:38
hi, all I know is they applied for their first flight on the 7th June. I'm sure eveything will be fine as they've sent all the contracts out they seem pretty sure it's all going ahead. :ok:

teacoffee
24th Feb 2007, 13:06
where did you find out about 7th june

G-UKZM
Boeing B767-300
Due May 07

adamski..
24th Feb 2007, 14:55
Anyone know what its current registration is? Isn't it with Air Europa?

flyer55
24th Feb 2007, 15:55
I take it they will be flying from South Terminal !

Tommietola21
24th Feb 2007, 19:04
Yeah I reckon it will be south terminal, like Zoom Canada.
I also heard June 7th, so guess it may wll be true.
Contracts are out as wilco said so think they're pretty sure about it!

teacoffee
24th Feb 2007, 19:35
Contracts may be out but they were at FlyWho too & course had been completed!

teacoffee
24th Feb 2007, 20:42
oh no i'm worried now wonder if they'll tell us whats going on?

wilco5
24th Feb 2007, 22:00
I'm sure Zoom will let us know if it starts to look dodgey. At the moment it appears Delta have jumped straight in an want to block Zoom UK's application to fly to the US. They are correct that the owners of Zoom are indeed Canadian and have helped fund Zoom U.K. However Hugh Boyle also has British Nationality which he has had since birth. Zoom UK is starting up with new A/C and crew and is a sister airline. If Zoom wanted to just start breaking any agreements they could have just opened a London base. As with any start up or new route start up there will be objection. Also to add the Royal Bank of Scotland actually suggested the Zoom UK start up to Zoom, not the other way around. I could be wrong but I doubt one of the largest banks in the UK would want to start investing 10 million with out first having an insight.
This said... we will just have to wait an see!
I'm still excited :)

I'm sure you'll want to read the latest, so here is the Link
http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/2007/02/zoom.html

Tommietola21
25th Feb 2007, 00:44
I'm sooo excited too! can't wait!

teacoffee
25th Feb 2007, 07:20
I'm excited too but don't want to be out of a job or survive on the basic salary for months

wilco5
25th Feb 2007, 14:40
No of course not, i'm sure none of us do. I guess thats what this website is here for to chat about stuff worries and all :) you have to so what you feel is right and I know it worried me too. In the end I had to put my notice in due to when i'm startin and the length of notice I have to give. Fingers crossed you'll make the choice that makes you happy! :)

adamski..
25th Feb 2007, 16:48
Any idea what the expected monthly salary will be after deductions etc? A rough idea? Obviously depending on commission and number of flights... and is there an allowance when you're away? Or is it just away from base pay?

Sorry - so many questions!

flystargirl
25th Feb 2007, 21:08
Hi

I had loads of questions re visa application, rosta and expected take home and the people in the office were really good and did not mind that i phone back a few times.

Sugest you give then a call they are happy to help.

SouBE
26th Feb 2007, 10:20
Ive just put my application in to Zoom and was looking at their website. Cant work out which routes UK crew will be doing and what will be crewed by the Canadian crew. Anyone help me out?

Also, any update on the USA routes?

vodkaholic
26th Feb 2007, 14:09
i think they are just planning one route from the start up, as they only have one plane. this is rumoured to be to NYC but not sure they have the permissions to fly there as yet..

charlie_b
26th Feb 2007, 14:18
Hey, Ive jst applied with Zoom and have an interview thia coming weeked. I am so excited and would love to get in with this new venture just hope I am good enough to get the job. Has anyone else got up and coming interviews!?

Carmen Miranda
28th Feb 2007, 13:49
To all the girls starting the training course with Zoom. Lately it has been more and more difficult to find Navy Court Shoes for the uniform, the easiest way to get them is through Next's Online Shop. Next has the perfect shoes that complies with the Uniform Standards which was sent to you with your course letter ( but it's only online ). Click on the link, then click on Square toes Shoes £16.99 and choose Navy. These are good confortable shoes and value vor the money.
http://order.next.co.uk/page.asp?b=X39&p=278&o=1#

In regards to the low heel cabin shoes, it seems that Clarks doesn't have them anymore, neither does Next. The only place I found them is Shoe Fayre. The quality is not all of that, so if you find a better quality somewhere it might be more expensive but worth it. We must bear in mind that these are the shoes we will wear more than our own slippers.( but these are still easier to find than the high heals)

*for the ones who hasn't flown before it's a good idea to buy your cabin shoes a half a size bigger, as your feet will swell A LOT

I hope the tip was useful, good luck to everyone

Carmen Miranda
1st Mar 2007, 07:27
Found another one....

Marks and Spencer also has them online, but in limited stores
http://www.marksandspencer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=8010&Product_Id=2212961

If the inside of the heel is no more than 1 inch and a half you can use these as cabin shoes.

SouBE
1st Mar 2007, 16:00
I had my interview with Zoom yesterday and REALLY REALLY like the sound of it! Infact I couldnt sleep last night just thinking about it and getting over excited - at my age as well!

They said they'd let me know in writing by the 9th March; how long did you other guys have to wait until you found out? Was it in writing or did they phone you first?

The suspense is killing me!

Tommietola21
1st Mar 2007, 16:05
Hiya

I waited about 2 weeks - they're a really nice bunch, eh?! I can't wait to start

SouBE
2nd Mar 2007, 09:03
OMG - Two weeks?? I'll be climbing up the walls by then! Did they write or phone you? But yeah....a really nice bunch of people and a very relaxed friendly atmosphere - hope to be joining you there! Are you CC or cabin manager?

SouBE
3rd Mar 2007, 08:58
OK - so no need to wait for 2 weeks - I GOT THE JOB!! Contracts and visa application arrived this morning. Postman thought Id gone mad as I was shouting so much, oh I am sooooooo made up. We're off to NYC on Thurs for long weekend so I'd better get used to it!

Im starting on 16/4 - anyone else on the course?

james2k7
3rd Mar 2007, 12:45
WOW well done Soube! u must be so happy..

I have an interview with Zoom UK on Tuesday so will see what happens!

So any tips then? if u dont mind could u write why u feel u were sucessful, what questions they asked u etc?

thanks!

J x

adamski..
4th Mar 2007, 20:53
http://www.theroyalgazette.com/siftology.royalgazette/Article/article.jsp?articleId=7d731bb30030001&sectionId=60

New York and Bermuda!!

james2k7
5th Mar 2007, 13:21
Wow Bermuda now that would be nice!

Now i really want the job..new york and bermuda will be happy days!

Interview 2moz

Tommietola21
5th Mar 2007, 14:52
Well done SouBe!! will be greta flying with you (I start on 26/3!!) can't wait!! - NY AND Bermuda??? NY I kinda guessed, but Bermuda aswell, FAB!!!

Virgin Boi
5th Mar 2007, 17:28
Initially crew will not be stopping in BDA. Certain flights will route LGW-BDA-JFK and JFK-BDA-LGW. Which will be a long day!

However, good news is that longer term plans are that crew will get layovers in BDA!

Tommietola21
6th Mar 2007, 10:46
Yeah I read the newsletter about that - just can't wait to get flying now though!!!

From all the peeps I've met and spoken to on here, it's gonna be a really wicked team. :)

Tommietola21
9th Mar 2007, 17:40
Anyone else starting on the 26th??

charlie_b
10th Mar 2007, 08:48
ooooooooooo its al mega exciting !!! I start on the 26th !!!!!! Cant wait to meet everyone and start this exciting journey !!!! :)

Betty-Boop
11th Mar 2007, 20:55
Hey,

Starting on the 26th looking forward to meeting everyone! really excited cant believe its happening!! filled in the visa form was it just me or did anyone else find it complicated???
handed in my notice today! will be sad to leave but cant wait to start!!:)

charlie_b
12th Mar 2007, 12:14
Hey everyone,

I was just wondeing if anyone going to this eveing will be staying over on the night. I will be staying in a hotel and thought it qould be good if anyone else needing to stay stayed in the same hotel. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Hope everyone is well and I look forward to seeing everyone at this evening. :)

Charlie x

Sweetmissy
13th Mar 2007, 15:55
Hey all,

Can anyone help me? I recently applied to Zoom Uk for Cabin Crew online! The acknowledgement email, that some of you stated you recieved, i NEVER got... has anyone else had this problem?

Does anyone know how to contact ZOOM? i've tried many numbers and the main LGW one is out of service...:ugh:

tiggerific_69
13th Mar 2007, 15:59
it usually takes a couple of days for the email to come through going by previous experience.i ended up applying twice because the first time i didnt receive a confirmation email until a few days after & thought that they hadnt received my application lol.

Frenchflyer
13th Mar 2007, 18:22
Hi guys, I am due to start with Zoom on 16/04, would like to know more deatils about the meeting that has been arrnged for next week,could someone p.m. me with any info please.

Sweetmissy
14th Mar 2007, 09:08
Thank you tigerific69 you're a star.... been wondering if i should send it again!!!!

When did you apply?

Are they still recruiting?

tiggerific_69
14th Mar 2007, 10:27
that was sometime in february now i think.i believe theyre still recruiting as its still advertised,but i dont know.have since moved on to look at other things :)

missworld21
14th Mar 2007, 15:14
Hey there,

anyone on the forum work for Zoom based in Scotland or does anyone commute from Scotland to London? thanks! also, indication of what you caome away with after tax each month? thanks ! :)

Tommietola21
15th Mar 2007, 18:22
Hey Missworld - I start in a couple of weeks (can't wait!) No real idea of pay yet as no one works for them yet lol!!!

You will really enjoy the assessment, they're a really lovely bunch of people and very welcoming!

Good Luck!!

SouBE
17th Mar 2007, 10:54
Does anyone know if Tuesday's meeting is smart or casual clothes - you reckon smart jeans will be OK?

wilco5
22nd Mar 2007, 11:29
Hey all, it was nice to see everyone on tue night. So glad I went everyone was so nice and it was good to get a feel for the place. I'm really looking forward to starting!

Tommietola21
22nd Mar 2007, 19:36
Hey Wilco

I'll 2nd that, it was really good to chat to everyone we'll be woking/flying with, just can't wait for Monday now!! :)

SouBE
23rd Mar 2007, 10:17
And I'll 3rd it; everyone seems great so cant wait to get started. Only 3 weeks and 2 days to wait (not that Im counting) but good luck to everyone starting on the 1st course on Monday!

Who knows, now that Willie Walsh has announced he's pulling some more of BA's longhaul routes out of LGW and moving them to LHR OUR new routes might come on line even quicker!:D :D :D

tipitoes
23rd Mar 2007, 17:39
hay ... i applied on line ... exactly a week ago today!.... is it bad news that i havent heard bk from them re interview!!???

Zoomboi
9th Apr 2007, 16:14
Hey! yeah it's gone a bit quiet guess it's coz everyone's training at the moment. All is going well I'm really enjoying it. R u starting soon? :)

Betty-Boop
12th Apr 2007, 16:54
Hey Guys, Howz it going??? Really looking forward to starting on monday! I was supposed to be starting on the first course but was feeling poorly, they were great and so understanding about the whole thing, Which make me think were with a good company!! looking forward to seeing everyone again on monday! :)

Frenchflyer
12th Apr 2007, 17:48
As read in the papers today, tickets go on sale from tomorrow. Daily flights will start on June 21st. Full details on the web site www.flyzoom.com

SouBE
12th Apr 2007, 18:22
See you there - leaving my old job tomorrow and cant wait! You all get the newsletter today?

airspray
8th May 2007, 23:32
hi everyone! have my zoom interview on the 17th of this month- very nervous/excited!!- and was wondering if any of you from the first round had any advice or insights about questions, procedures etc for me? I am totally new to all this and reading your previous comments can hardly believe I managed to get an interview lol!!:) thanks!

chrissy78
16th May 2007, 17:53
hi,does anyone knos if u pay ur uniform with Zoom,as well do they provide hotel and meal when overnight

Zoomboi
20th May 2007, 17:12
Hi in reply to the last post, uniform is provided free of charge (very nice it is too) and if referring to staying down route, hotel accomodation is provided and you recieve your duty pay for every hour your away from home like most airlines :-)
hope this helps.

chrissy78
24th May 2007, 19:08
hi,
is there anyone starting the training on july 9th and is looking for accomodation?

yyzflyer
9th Jul 2007, 01:10
Good luck to the soon to be cabin crew joining Zoom!

From a fellow Zoomer from Canada.

justD
26th Aug 2007, 12:58
Hey guys!

Has everyone disappeared?
Any news?
How's work? What is it like working for Zoom aout of LGW?

What are the rosters like? How much time do you spend down-route?

jetset7e7
27th Aug 2007, 10:04
Hi Guys, Zoom are haveing a massive recrutiment session again. I think they are looking for loads of crew now. Get your CV's sent in. You can apply on the flyzoom website. :)

vodkaholic
27th Aug 2007, 14:24
have zoom uk started flights yet?

glider12000
27th Aug 2007, 14:43
Yup, I see their aircraft often parked on stand next to our aircraft as we are going in and out.

jetset7e7
27th Aug 2007, 14:57
They have been running daily flights now to JFK since June this year. Looks like future routes are going to be exciting but they are not revieling much yet.

justD
27th Aug 2007, 19:38
Can anyone tell me an average take home pay?
How much is Basic, flight pay and commission?

Thanks!

jetset7e7
28th Aug 2007, 10:38
All the pay details are on the website, the basic is £10,500 for cabin crew including 2.25 ph flight pay oh and 10% commision as well. with all the new routes coming up the stop overs will be more I think so more dosh for crew

BlueTui
28th Aug 2007, 15:02
That is a pitiful cabincrew wage! £10,500 and £2.25 ph! how are people supposed to survive on that- especially in and around an airport like LGW?

Steena
28th Aug 2007, 19:01
Hi all, just been looking at the Zoom site bout the LGW positions and was just wondering if anyone knows how long cabin crew get to stopover at certain destinations? Whether it may be a few hours or even a few days

Thanks

crewboy
28th Aug 2007, 22:43
Hi Guys,

Is there a maths test involved in the assesment day?

Thanks guys:ok:

arewehomeyet
29th Aug 2007, 07:01
Hi All

I've received an email from Zoom inviting me to an assessment day next week. Can anyone tell me what to expect on the day.

VS-LHRCSA
2nd Sep 2007, 07:39
Yes, I would also like to know a bit more about Zoom UK.

Firstly, are the LGW based crew trained solely on the UK registered 767, or are they trained on the ALL the aircraft including the 757.

If it is just the G-reg, then from what I can tell, it operates the JFK services. Sounds pretty good to me.

From what I've read, basic is £10000 and £2.25 flight pay. I would like to know what their standby arrangements are. There doesn't seem to be much input from current Zoom crew on the various forums. I think that may be a good sign.

SouBE
7th Sep 2007, 17:01
Hi VS. We are only registered to fly on G-UKZM and at the moment that is the only aircraft we have in the UK. However, further aircraft are planned later in the year for new routes so it's a busy time for our recruiters at the moment!

Standby varies but is normally around 5 days a month. Its standby at home so long as you can reach base in 120mins. Sometimes stby is a day before a trip or its a block of days.

We've had a few teething problems since our first flight in June, but they are mostly all resolved. Zoom are a progressive company with a good management team and a really enjoyable atmosphere to work in. I'd recommend it!

VS-LHRCSA
7th Sep 2007, 18:27
Thanks SouBe. That's just what I wanted to know. I may just give it a go.

arewehomeyet
10th Sep 2007, 10:36
Hi SouBe

I ust got my letter this morning telling me I have successful and will be starting on 2nd October -wwohho :p

Can you tell me how long you get downroute, is it minimum rest or a few days as I plan to commute from the North

arewehomeyet
10th Sep 2007, 10:40
Just noticed all my bad grammar - must be the excitement :)

Silver Angel
14th Sep 2007, 17:59
I applied to Zoom on 29 August, and have heard absolutely nothing back since. Not even an automated email response. I would like to know how long anyone else who has applied recently, had to wait. Is anyone else in the same position as myself? I think I will send in my application again - just to be on the safe side. I quite like the sound of this airline.

SouBE
16th Sep 2007, 12:22
Hi arewehomeyet. Well done on getting through..you'll soon be a fellow Zoomer!!

We regard to time downroute, we normally arrive in NYC around 1600 local and report the following day is normally around 1400 local. It means you can get a meal out, few drinks, even a bit of kareoke (yes I know its spelt wrong!) and of course, time to go shopping. Im not sure how much time we will get when the new routes start. There's quite a few crew who travel down from Liverpool, Manchester and even Newcastle so it can be done.

Anyway, look forward to flying with you and good luck!

VS-LHRCSA
16th Sep 2007, 17:56
xulu8

Is that definate about Zoom UK doing Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg?

I read on an airline database that C-GZNA is going to be re-registered as G-CZNA from November, so I guess that ties in.

Jonathan Hinkles
16th Sep 2007, 18:45
Xulu8, I've sent you a private message with contact details if you'd like to get in touch to discuss your specific points off-line.

On a general note, we are working to ensure that the products are consistent and both I and my Canadian counterpart are confident that the customer offering is very similar and meets the same high standards.
In spite of airline operators' best efforts, you will always find small areas where the product (in terms of seating, IFE, on-board retail offering etc) differs between fleets or routes. As an example, I flew recently with a major carrier from Heathrow to Ottawa and went out on a 767 with new seats, AVOD and a new in-flight meal product; and returned on a 767 with an old-style IFE product, older seats and different catering. Equally, major UK carriers have very different in-flight retail ranges depending on which long-haul route or aircraft type on which you're flying.

I'd argue that our product consistency within the Zoom brand is far greater than those experiences, but we are actively working to further coordinate a consistent customer experience across the whole brand. If you'd like to contact me, I'll be happy to update you with the "nuts and bolts" of what we're doing to achieve it.

Zoom Airlines Ltd (the UK operation) is operating services from Gatwick via Manchester or Glasgow to Calgary from mid December 2007. There are no plans for Zoom's UK operation to take on operations to Edmonton and Winnipeg. These have historically been seasonal routes for our Canadian sister company and are not operated during the winter season anyway.

Kind regards - Jonathan Hinkles - Managing Director, Zoom Airlines Ltd

davida767
17th Sep 2007, 15:39
I flew with flyglobespan to YVR from MAN, on an outdated and clapped out 767-319ER wet leased from Neos Airlines of Italy, whilst the flight was incident free and the service was 'reasonable' I will not book with them again. I had been messed around several times with regards to booking and confirmation, not to mention my travel days were changed and it was upto me to find out myself from the travel agent that my flight day had been put back to another day because of 'consolidation of flights'. There was no communication from GSM about this and I felt very annoyed at having to find out this information for myself.

I have friends who live in Vancouver who regularly use the Zoom services to Manchester and I have heard many good things about the service and indeed the cabin crew, shame I never booked with them in the first place really.

I have also heard, though I do believe this to be third tales and hearsay, that Zoom are planning Liverpool to New York in place of GSM's woeful service. Is this true or on the cards so to speak, would be about time we had a decent airline give us the service we deserve

davida767
17th Sep 2007, 20:18
I did hear a rumour on CabinCrew.com that Zoom UK were expanding there base to Liverpool creating a Liverpool to JFK Service similar to the one flyglobespan are doing now.

Presumably this would be rather good news for us up north who want a good service from a decent airline! Can anyone shed some light onto this or is this just a false rumour courtesy of those great DJ's in Galley FM? :ok:

QuerTY
20th Sep 2007, 13:43
Hi everyone,

I have an assessment day with Zoom on October 3rd. I know a couple of other people have asked for information on what to expect on the day, but it seems nobody has replied. Just wondering if anyone can give any information on what I should read up about, or what I can expect on the day.

Also, I am going on holiday November 27th - 4th December, if I am successful, wil this be a problem? :confused:

Hope to read your replies soon.
Thanks. :)

flyer55
22nd Sep 2007, 09:12
Hi Johnathan

How are things going at Zoom ? Nice to see ex Cityflyer Staff in charge !!

Many ex Cityflyer staff their ?

An ex cfe crewmember !

agnieszkolina
24th Sep 2007, 16:25
Hi guys I've got an assessment day on 16th of October, anyone else going on the same date?would be nice to meet some of u before going there...good luck to everyone

bhoy007
26th Sep 2007, 06:25
Hey People

All the best for use, who have your itnerviews coming up!!!

I have a interview on the 1st Nov so any1 else goin to be attending drop me a PM :ok:

FlyingFromTheUK
29th Dec 2007, 18:09
anyone got interview on the 30th Jan and any tips of the day, please!!!

Thank You!

xlahostie
7th Jan 2008, 15:23
I start my training with Zoom on March 20th...

Just wondered if there's anyone else out there who's also on this training course...?!!

xl_jj23
18th Jan 2008, 15:56
Hi Guys i have just sent my cv in through their web page as they are recruiting again does anyone know how long they take to get back to you?

tinkwings
19th Jan 2008, 10:09
hi i sent mine yesterday and had an email back with in two hours wow!! :D