PDA

View Full Version : Flying Lessons won in Competition

jerrytug
13th Dec 2006, 09:46
Hi guys,someone in my family has won a "set of flying lessons" in a newspaper competition.. lucky so and so. He is air-minded and dead keen. I would like to ask if anyone here has any hints as to what club it might be,the paper is being very vague saying just that he`s won. Would I be right in guessing that it would be in a Cessna/Piper type at a large establishment eg Biggin etc? Or has anyone actually taken that route to getting a ppl themselves? Thanks for any comments,I personally am familiar with the gliding scene but not much with the "spam-cans",I sat in one once and the visibility appears to be about zero compared to a glider,and it was so noisy I couldn`t think properly. Ta regards Jerry

tiggermoth
13th Dec 2006, 19:13
Hiya Jerry,

Lucky them winning flying lessons! I'd imagine that your family member will find out in due course what kind of aeroplane they will train in, but the most popular trainer seems to be the Cessna 150 / 152 variety it seems. The visibility for seeing the ground in said to be quite good (owing to the high wing), and although it will innevitably be noisy (especially compared to a glider) a good headset will sort that out.

I wonder if it is just an introductory flying lesson that they have won? It sounds like an excellent competition - what newspaper was it in?

T.