PDA

View Full Version : A109 prang Ireland

redorangedog
8th Dec 2006, 14:18
Anybody heard of a A109 blade strike yesterday in Ireland ?
Or is it just a malicious rumour ?

OEI and Still Flying
8th Dec 2006, 20:39
Autosync a bit harsh to say the least to suggest that “a pilot deserves it.”

I can only presume if you didn’t add to the rumour that you don’t know the circumstances.
Maybe the guy just pranged it off the hanger door pushing it in.
You might let us know when you find out.
Then maybe enlighten us after you have discussed the pranging with the pilot involved and then tell us if he deserved it.

The weather wasn’t all that bad but by the sounds of thinks seem to have been well outside your personal limits.

ShyTorque
8th Dec 2006, 22:14
If they were out flying in yesterday’s weather they probably deserved it....
No, let me rephrase that, if the owner demanded that the helicopter was to fly in yesterday’s weather, they probably deserved it!

Yesterday's weather wasn't a problem for most of us; I've certainly flown in much worse. A bit turbulent in the lee of hills, but mainly fine clear skies, with the exception of a notable few big CBs of course. :rolleyes:

redorangedog
9th Dec 2006, 18:29
Obviously,he did'nt have somebody looking out the door for him.
Yes ,it's the third of our "finest" that has superb situational awareness !

By the way,the Weston/Squirell accident is conspicous by it's absence from
the AAIU website.Any reason for this ?

maxvne
12th Dec 2006, 17:38
Yes rumours are correct A109 hit bushes on the way in to landing site took at least 2-3 inches from each tail rotor blade major inspection to be carried out as possibly damage to drive shaft and main transmission. He doesnt get a new one without taking some stick not like Aer corps where it just gets replaced.
Unlucky for the pilot after a long time not flying helis he should have had someone with him.

Helipolarbear
13th Dec 2006, 07:06
As always ....WAIT for the report!:} Redorangedog.....good point. Where is that report from the AAIU???? Maybe we should contact them in the interest of flight safety and find out exactly what did happen to the AS350. To think that a couple of thousand students dual or solo, have attempted to take out that Avgas pump for eons....and along comes Biggles himself and does it all by himself.....and then he's made the Chief Bottle Washer by the Tw$% who owned the heli:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :cool: Has it been at least a year? Must give the lads a shout and ensure that the integrity of the AAIU is indeed intact regarding it's reporting facilities and serving the public as best it can.......which is the whole point in the first instance!!! PM210668, ya feelin' better now?

helilad
13th Dec 2006, 09:35
I think I encountered this ex- irish army pilot at Sloanes Sywell recently ,told us he hadnt flown rotor in 10 yrs:= .Was the helicopter EI-DJU ? I think a CHC SAR Capt was also here for training on same aircraft. Unfortunate way to start a new job ,Id say owner was pleased .

spinning
13th Dec 2006, 14:18
I think I encountered this ex- irish army pilot at Sloanes Sywell recently ,told us he hadnt flown rotor in 10 yrs:= .Was the helicopter EI-DJU ? I think a CHC SAR Capt was also here for training on same aircraft. Unfortunate way to start a new job ,Id say owner was pleased .

EI-DJU is a Boeing 737.
You'd be doing well to get a 737 to clip a few bushes on a helipad in the butthole of Tipperary:ugh:

Robino
13th Dec 2006, 17:09
Ei-djo A109e

Helipolarbear
13th Dec 2006, 18:06
PM 210668 AAIU informs that the report on the AS350 T/R strike is in draft form and will be out mid Jan '07. It seems like an inordinate amount ( A year)of time to process a non injury/non fatal incident regarding the 'how and why' of a T/R striking a fuel pump with loads of eyeballs watching, as oppossed to an R44 crashing with fatalities and no witness to the event other than one seriously injured survivor taking 6 weeks to publish!!! Everyone has a right to question and become critical about any component in the Aviation Industry.
You being a controller should be able to figure that out all by your little ol' lonesome self!:cool: PM me if you want to go pvt with this. Otherwise STFU!:ok:

Hedski
13th Dec 2006, 21:01
HPB at his finest as usual.:D
Redorangedog, this incident and the pump vs 350 last year are the only mishaps I know of where scaer corps:E lacked situational awareness. Do tell me what the third was as I can't recall another. (I may have left my brain in my trousers again!!:eek: )

Heliport
13th Dec 2006, 21:45
There seems to be a lot of bitching in this thread.

I've always thought the (Southern) Irish were the warmest and friendliest people in the world.
Have some posters got their own agendas? :confused:

HeliPolarBear

pm210668 has just as much right as you or anyone else to express an opinion here.
If there comes a time when someone needs to be told to STFU, I'll do it.

Heliport

redorangedog
14th Dec 2006, 06:49
Hedski,
check AAIU report 2003./03
EI SQG main rotor hit large conifer tree:{ :{
I'm not sure but I think it was an ex member if the IAC.

nouseforaname
14th Dec 2006, 13:03
autosync....you are very correct about aviation and southern Ireland. We do a lot of flying both helicopter and fixwing down the south and other aviators are jealous I think. They would love to see it all come down around us....look at the situation with Kerry Airport Aero Club for instance!

redorangedog
14th Dec 2006, 14:08
Rumour has it that two ppl's (helis),want to start a heli flying school there.
I do'nt think they have much experience though.:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:
Maybe they will use some other TRTO,hopefully with some experienced instructors,if they are available.

lipgo
14th Dec 2006, 18:21
It is with considerable dismay that I read this unsavoury thread. I am truly abhored that so called professional helicopter pilots would indulge in such mindless abhorent bickering. I am disgusted as a professional Irish pilot that we engage in such ridicule and derisory remarks about fellow colleaugues. What have we become??.. to revel in anothers misfortune is astounding and beneath contempt.
I don't care if the pilot concerned is IAC , Aer Lingus, CHC, Ryanair, Bristow etc, that is merely coincidental here...the issue is that a 'fellow' pilot had an incident and we should all learn from it and aspire to preventing an similar occurance again...rather than casting stones and making disparaging remarks in a juvenile and immature manner. It is absolutely unbecoming of the status and licence that you hold..

Grow up folks and stop letting yourselfs down in the International helicopter community..open your minds and try constructive reasoned debate...

Vertical T/O
14th Dec 2006, 20:42
Here Here Lipgo. Well said.

Pope Marmalade th 2
15th Dec 2006, 04:35
Obviously,he did'nt have somebody looking out the door for him.
Yes ,it's the third of our "finest" that has superb situational awareness !

By the way,the Weston/Squirell accident is conspicous by it's absence from
the AAIU website.Any reason for this ?

His old man is waiting to get into the AAIU. To work on it.

spinning
15th Dec 2006, 07:47
The funny...or not so funny thing about all of the aforementioned posts are the lack of questions being asked.
1) Is the Aircraft O.K?
2) Was there much damage done to the aircraft?
3) Are the pilot and passengers ok ?
4) Does anyone really know what happened? (or is it the usual round of bull****)
4 simple questions concerning the actual incident.
The majority of the previous posts are just character bashing.
Everyone is an armchair pilot and were all brillliant in our own minds, but how many of us have had an accident / incident / Bloody good scare.......
This thread is fine if people feel the need to have a pop at each other however it is not what the title of the thread leads you to believe it is.
In reality it looks like a crowd of bitter jealous little people trying to get one up on each other......
Sad really.
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....

Joe McDermott
18th Dec 2006, 12:04
It's been suggested elsewhere that the A109 might have been EI-MCP.

Regards,
Joe

Joe McDermott
20th Dec 2006, 16:09
EI-MCP was not involved in the blade strike incident.

Earlier post suggesting EI-DJO was in fact the copter involved seem to be correct.

Helipolarbear
20th Dec 2006, 18:50
Spinning....We await the AAIU report which will materialize in the course of time! It is always of concern when any of us have a prang of some kind where we can all learn from the occurance. Getting that information out is the responsibility of the AAIU. Getting it out in a timely and useful period so that the awareness is effective with ouir collective learning curve........is the responsiblity of the AAIU. They may have their hands full at the moment, or even be short of staff, but that doesn't minimize thier duties and responsiblity to investigate and report to the public, especially the individuals directly served....pilots, engineers etc. The questions you rightly ask are very pertinent. In most cases rumour control has who, what and where, but speculation is all the rumour has as to why????

nokia10
12th Jan 2008, 10:52
Any links to the outcome of this crash ? Have not spotted an accident report yet.

nokia10
14th Jan 2008, 21:46
????????????????????

Helipolarbear
14th Jan 2008, 21:53
Nokia...Call the AAIU. Ask them do they at least have a preliminary report date.
You'll find them under www.aaiu.ie very helpful, and apparently very busy lately.:ok:

nokia10
16th Jan 2008, 20:11
Thanks ,would you have a phone number or contact name?

maxvne
16th Jan 2008, 22:08
Contact Details
A.A.I.U.,
Transport House,
44 Kildare St., Dublin 2, Ireland.
Tel (24x7): +353 1 604 1293
or +353 1 241 1777
Fax: +353 1 604 1514
Email: [email protected]

nokia10
17th Jan 2008, 08:53
Thank you.

nokia10
21st Jan 2008, 20:43
Spoke to one of their people today .They have no report on this matter at all.

Bronx
21st Jan 2008, 21:12
A109 hit bushes on the way in to landing site took at least 2-3 inches from each tail rotor blade

Why would there be an accident report if nobody got injured? :confused:

Why do I get the impression Nokia and some others are stirring the sh1t?
Why is there so much sh1t stirring on threads from Ireland?

nokia10
22nd Jan 2008, 20:38
Would you employ him if he didnt admit to previous accidents/incidents?

Bronx
22nd Jan 2008, 21:12
Difficult to say, I'd need to know a lot more about him, but I definately wouldn't employ you because you're a sh1t stirrer and sh1t stirrers are bad news in any team.

VeeAny
22nd Jan 2008, 21:16
Nokia10

Having had a previous incident which didn't become an accident should there be an issue ?

I can honestly say I know neither the pilot nor his apparent accusors.

If there is another agenda then that will clearly be dealt with behind closed doors.

GS

nokia10
22nd Jan 2008, 23:24
Yes ,you're right .Im a **** stirrer ,but some times the **** has to be stirred N O M.

henrymonster
25th Jan 2008, 15:42
you lot are more bitchy than Joan Rivers keep it up you are letting as all down.:D