PDA

View Full Version : Ever thought of converting to the Tiger Moth?

NavEx
13th Nov 2006, 10:29
If you've ever thought of converting to the Tiger Moth then read on;
The Tiger Moth celebrated its 75th Anniversary this year and is still going strong. The de Havilland Moth Club recognises that there are fewer new pilots converting onto the Moth and operating them. Whilst the Moths are doing very well with organisations such as the Moth Club and DH Support behind them, there has been little to encourage new pilots.
The Club has set up a new initiative, the de Havilland Educational Trust to encourage pilots and engineers to become more familiar with the operation of vintage aeroplanes. From their recent press release;
‘The de Havilland Educational Trust (DHET) is to award annual bursaries for qualified pilots to convert onto the Tiger Moth as part of a programme devised in association with the Cambridge Flying Group. A short list of names will be drawn up from all applicants and selected candidates will be interviewed, followed by an assessment flight undertaken with a Cambridge instructor. The award, to be known as The Fiona McKay Flying Bursary, will cover the cost of ten hours flying.’
Details and application forms can be obtained from the club secretary;
Stuart McKay MBE, Secretary, de Havilland Educational Trust, 23 Hall Park Hill, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire HP4 2NH, e-mail: [email protected]
For those of you who have thought of converting to the Tiger Moth and would like to enjoy a very different aspect of flying then this could be the thing for you.

Flybywyre
13th Nov 2006, 11:47
Ever thought of converting to the Tiger Moth?
No............ :8
Regards
FBW

ShyTorque
13th Nov 2006, 12:26
Nor me....

Grew up flying military aircraft older than myself for a living. Prefer modern stuff these days.

Mind you, I used to like older women but now there don't seem to be so many around... and many of them can't walk unaided....

;)

Flybywyre
13th Nov 2006, 12:31
Mind you, I used to like older women but now there don't seem to be so many around... and many of them can't walk unaided....

Same here as well......... :ok:
Do you think that we are related ?..........:8

hobbit1983
13th Nov 2006, 12:31
I've thought about it! :ok: (The Tiger Moth....!)

A4 SAE on it's way.

shortstripper
13th Nov 2006, 16:56
What about if you did your first solo on a Tiger moth years ago, but haven't flown one since? Can you still qualify, or is it purely for those who've never flown one?

SS

Actually, I'd probably feel too guilty to apply, but curious anyway.