PDA

View Full Version : Attitude Aviation - California

Seagull61
10th Nov 2006, 11:54
My mate and I have finally decided on where to spend a few weeks next year doing unusual attitude training as well as hour building. We`ve picked Attitude aviation (www.attitudeaviation.com (http://www.attitudeaviation.com)).
Just wondering before we jump in at the deep end if anyone has had personal experience on them.
Cheers

18greens
11th Nov 2006, 22:40
That looks like a great airfield. Lots of tasty new aircraft. Try the Super Decathlon and the Pitts. Just don't pay up front.

I just can work out where Livermore is - near SF?

n5296s
13th Nov 2006, 04:59
Yes! I fly there nearly every week for the last 3 years. It's where I did my acro training, which started life as Unusual Attitude Training and then kind of carried on from there. They have a good selection, from basic aerobatic trainers (Grob, Citabria, Decathlon) to a Pitts S2C and an Extra 200. They also have some "normal" planes, and some real exotica: Waco, L39 (a bit pricey, that one) and a Piper Cub.

The owner and chief pilot, Rich, is a 10000hr ex-USAF instructor pilot. The other instructors are pretty much all experienced in acro as well as normal flying. Livermore is also home to a bunch of interesting aircraft - a P51, various other WWII warbirds, and rumours of a Spitfire that may show up one day.

Let me know when you're coming and if it works out I'll take you for a classic Bay Tour. You should have a great week.

n5296s

Seagull61
13th Nov 2006, 05:43
Hey,
Thanks for the Classic Bay tour offer, that sounds great. Just finalising details - accomodation, flights etc. But hoping to get out there at the end of March for the unusual attitudes and to build some hours in one of their C172`s....although as you mention they have an impressive line up of aircraft to choose from!