PDA

View Full Version : Lightspeed headsets

peterohare1985
2nd Nov 2006, 21:52
I'm interested in getting a 15XLC Headset from Lightspeed but cannot find one supplier in the UK...or Europe. I have checked the Lightspeed website for suppliers but the ones listed do not have the model required. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get one in the UK as I don't want to pay import tax and VAT if ordering them from the US. Also, any comments about this headset would be appreciated.
Thanks

B2N2
2nd Nov 2006, 22:57
Quick Google search came up with this;

http://www.anrheadsets.com/international.asp

U.K.
Commander School - Europe
Hermes House, Saumarez St.
St. Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 2PU
Phone: +44 (0)1 481 725 914
Fax: +44 (0)1 481 728807
Email: [email protected]

Harry Mendelssohn
Harry Mendelssohn Sales, (GPS Europe Ltd.)
49-51 Colinton Road, EDINBURGH, EH10 5DH.
Phone: (0131) 447 7777
Fax: (0131) 452 9004
Email: [email protected]

Are those the ones that don't carry the model?
You have any family/friends that are going to the US?
I suppose they could bring you back one without the box.....:O :O :O

peterohare1985
3rd Nov 2006, 17:27
No luck with either of these suppliers. I could only find the 20XLC model on one of the websites but have also emailed them with no reply and no online ordering system. If anyone knows any other UK suppliers please could you let me know. Any comments about this headset may also be helpful, or any suggestions for similar models, but I do like both the style and functionality of the 15XLC. Thanks

boomerangben
4th Nov 2006, 08:45
No experience of them myself, but someone on this thread has.....
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249883

54.98N
4th Nov 2006, 09:00
I owned a couple of Lightspeed headsets - The original 20XL (I think it was called) and the 20XLC. Both were excellent, especially for piston twins and singles. Very comfortable for all but the longest flights.

Have now changed to a Bose X as I fly a turboprop and wanted something lighter and more comfortable for all day wear.

For a GA headset you wont go wrong with the Lightspeed, but try and get a demo before you buy, as headsets can be very personal things.

Hope that helps.

54.98N

PS I bought my lightspeeds from the US.