PDA

View Full Version : PPR!

bigflyingrob
30th Oct 2006, 07:14
A big thanks to the guy with the Flying Flea who came into Colney non radio and without PPR. After managing to hit 3 out of 4 no flyzones and not do a proper circuit :ooh: he parked on the junction of both runways and wandered off. When asked to move it he stood and argued for 10 minutes. Just as well the Skyranger was down as the low hours pilot needs all the runway to stop at the moment.
If you do fly into someone elses strip do try the radio and if you don't know the phone number then unless it's an emergency don't land!

S-Works
30th Oct 2006, 07:15
Get a wheelclamp. Ignorant git, I would have had the aircraft impounded for trespass.

matspart3
30th Oct 2006, 07:32
Not a real Flying Flea...of the Mignet variety?

bigflyingrob
30th Oct 2006, 09:09
As I recal wasn't there a case were some jockeys using a private strip to get to the next race. Despite being told to pack it in they contined. I remember the use of a Ferguson tractor caused enough delay on the next race for them to get the message!

gcolyer
30th Oct 2006, 11:08
I would have dumped a load of hay bails on the strip so he could not take off again.

Is there going to be any form of investigation? i would like to hear the excuses:)

bigflyingrob
30th Oct 2006, 12:03
Dunno about the twin with the jockeys. The one at Colney moaned a lot and left. "I've been flying 30 years ........................"
If anyone does want to drop in please visit the website at www.hertsflyingclub.co.uk:p . We're actually quite friendly if you dont upset our neighbours! Be careful if the wind is from 090 or 180 ish as the rotor over the hill is loads worse than you think. Not only that the windsock is sheilded by the trees.
No teas till Jan when we get a HUGE caravan.