PDA

View Full Version : PPL exams validity

weis
27th Oct 2006, 09:02
Does anyone know how long the exams are valid before i am required to go for the final check ride?

Han 1st Solo
27th Oct 2006, 10:11
From LASORS "An applicant shall be deemed to have successfully completed the theoretical examinations for the JAR-FCL PPL(A) when awarded a pass in all of the examinations within a period of 18 months. A pass will be accepted for the grant of a JAR-FCL PPL(A) during the 24 months from the date of successfully completing all of the theoretical knowledge examinations." You have a year from the skill test pass to have your licence issued or the skill test becomes invalid.

Hope that helps,

Han.

weis
27th Oct 2006, 13:09
Han, many thanks, answers my question.

Dop
27th Oct 2006, 13:22
Great! I was just wondering that too, it's over a year since I finished my exams but I've been having crap luck with the weather and haven't got the practice in to have a second crack at the test! Good to know I've got nearly another year.
(Surely I'll have done it by then!!!)

AlexEvans
28th Oct 2006, 04:25
I am affect by this, thanks for the quote.

So in theory could I take a written exam now, and the remainder over the next 18 months - and then have a further two years to pass the flying test?

In other words can you confirm that the clock starts ticking for the flying test after the completion of the last exam?

If so this is great news and contradicts some of the advice I have received on PPRUNE advising not to start taking the exams too soon because of the 2 year validiy period with the clock starting to tick following the completion of the first exam.

BEagle
28th Oct 2006, 08:02
If you complete th exams over an 18 month period, the 2 year period does indeed start from the date of passing the last exam.

It's all in LASORS - which you can download for free.

Hour Builder
28th Oct 2006, 10:00
Cut and paste
An applicant shall be deemed to have successfully completed the theoretical examinations for the JAR-FCL PPL(A) when awarded a pass in all of the above examinations within a period of 18 months. A pass will be accepted for the grant of a JAR-FCL PPL(A) during the 24 months from the date of successfully completing all of the theoretical knowledge examinations.

rustyflyer
30th Oct 2006, 11:33
Just don't do what I did & take the RT practical before anything else. I did this as there just happened to be a convenient slot on a course coming up so I got on with it. Didn't expect the rest of my training to go on for over 2 years. This pass is only valid for 12 months if you do it outside the 18 month window for the PPL exams. CAA rang & said your licence is in the post but the RT ain't valid!! B****r......
More expense then for a re-test.
Quickly sorted but yet another lump of cash gone. At least the CAA still let me have it as part of the PPL fee.
Russ