PDA

View Full Version : airfield near Poole?

al_uk
23rd Oct 2006, 23:45
Hi, I'm possibly relocating to Wimborne-a few miles North of Poole.

Anyone care to comment on where I could fly from which doesnt cost a fortune? Ultimately I would ideally be looking to get a share in a pfa or microlight type, at a small friendly airstrip/club and not too far away... (I have a share in a kitfox at the moment.)

A search suggests there are a few in the area, but not sure which are suitable.

any suggestions welcome :-)

Al

al_uk
23rd Oct 2006, 23:55
Yep! That is the obvious choice - Google maps says 50 mins for the 24 miles from Poole, so was hoping to find something a little closer...

I'm spoilt by being 10 mins away from an airfield at the moment!

pulse1
24th Oct 2006, 07:32
For microlights and VLA's you should try Newton Peverill. A very friendly set up but a difficult approach onto the westerly runway with power lines right on the threshold.

Compton Abbas is great but I understand that their landing fees are not particularly sympathetic towards microlights.

PM me if you want some friendly contact details for Newton Peverill.

Incidentally, I live just north of Poole and it takes me 25 minutes to Compton Abbas.

pulse1
24th Oct 2006, 11:02
al uk,

PM reply sent today at 1200. Good luck.

svenski59
3rd Jun 2007, 23:01
Hello Al,

There is a small strip about 10-15 minutes north of Poole, it is called Newton Peveril, its more of a farmers field between Poole and Blandford 2 minutes off the A350 and i believe there are other Kitfoxes operated out of there. I also live in Poole, and have a Kitfox although not flown it from here (recently moved it here from Dunkerswell). Co-incidentally, it was based at Compton Abbas before i took ownership of it. How did you manage to get converted? I'm still trying.

al_uk
4th Jun 2007, 07:23
Hi,

I investigated Newton Peverill last year, but there were no spaces for new members, and I didn't find anyone interested in sharing.

I ended up buying a share in a Condor at Compton Abbas.

The Kitfox was a share up in the Midlands so I don't have that anymore. I do miss it though!

I'll send you a pm regarding converting.

Al

Bournemouth Air
22nd May 2011, 17:56
Please can somebody tell me if there are two airfields close by

Is newton Peverill

and

Mapperton Farm

or are they the same place.