PDA

View Full Version : Barton Rumour

tiggermoth
22nd Oct 2006, 17:39
On Saturday, at Lancs Aero Club at Barton was a sheet of paper up at th the desk saying something to the effect of:

* Notice *
We are unable to comment about the rumour or alledged rumours circulating about the aerodrome at this time, so please do not ask. Also, we may decline to speak to you.

What on earth was that all about - naturally, I couldn't ask! As this is the rumour network, then perhaps someone can enlighten us. :)

hoodie
22nd Oct 2006, 21:54
Maybe something to do with this (http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=26713&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0).

tiggermoth
22nd Oct 2006, 22:14
This coincides with Lancashire Aero Club deciding to charge non-members double for the examinations as compared to members.

Surely people who take exams there are pretty likely to become members once qualified, especially if they are made welcome.

Ravenair (which are absolutely excellent for training, and with dual/triple sites by the way) charge £35.25 per exam, that's why quite a few take (or took) their exams at LAC, previously £10 per exam for everybody).

I hope through it all we can see Barton Aerodrome pass thorugh it all, and every success to all Flying Schools and clubs at the aerodrome.

Viggen
30th Oct 2006, 20:16
Anyone heard any more news since this post? I was there last week and I heard some apparently hacked-off staff discussing the future of the flying school in light of recent announcements.

?