PDA

View Full Version : Landing in PARIS

Brian304
18th Oct 2006, 12:01
Dear all

I am currently thinking to go to paris for the weekend. But the handling fee's and parking fee's are really really high. Has anyone got any reccommendations of flying schools near there or anything that will be cheaper thn signature?. I am flying a TB10, just wondering how many tonnes does it weigh?

Thanks

BRIAN304

ContinentalC85
18th Oct 2006, 13:09
I have used St Cyr D'ecole , big grass field just to the west of Paris
Fantastic downwind leg over the Palace of Versaille and only a few minutes by taxi to the station from where it is anbout 25 mins to the centre of Paris
In May I went to Meaux , another all grass field approx 17 miles to the east of Paris ( and about 3-4 miles from Disneyland)
The airfield is actually Meaux/D'Esbly , Esbly village being only about 1 mile form the airfield with regular trains running to Gare de L'est ( approx 30 mins)
From Esbly buses also run to Disneylad ( about 10-15 mins)
The flying club at Meaux "insisted" I put my (Luscombe ) in their hangar.
Was there for 2 nights , no landing fees , no charges ( I did uplift 100 euros of go juice
Hope this is of help

ps ther is always Toussous Le Noble but I have not been there for some years

pistongone
18th Oct 2006, 14:17
Pontois is a good large field, with customs. Also it is about 15 miles N.E of Paris, so quicker to get to than Toussous. There are a lot of choices though, so your final destination may be the decider! As for how much does a TB10 weigh, depends on the fit, so check the weight and balance in the aircraft doc's. Specially if your going 4 up!

Brian304
18th Oct 2006, 14:37
Does anyone know except the landing fee's and parking fee's, are there any other expenses? such as custom fee's and passenger fee's?. Also what is the best route to get there?.

Thanks

Brian304

pistongone
18th Oct 2006, 19:17
The routing depends on your departure point. Assuming Lydd or Dover Vor, then BNE VOR 113.80, down to Beauvais115.90, then in on the Pontois VOR 111.6. It all depends on how much water you want to fly over. Remember the plane doesnt know it is over water:eek: If you are well to the west of London then try SFD VOR 117.00 Dieppe VOR 115.8. Its easy to fly in french airspace, they will hear your accent and take it easy with you. Rmember if you want something ask for it. They will usually be happy to oblige. And they go to lunch and no one will speak to you for an hour or so. Dont get worried if Paris info is on an auto message system, just call the nearest ATSU that will speak to you. Have a safe flight.

Brian304
18th Oct 2006, 20:05
Well i'm planning to route from liverpool, so any good ideas?. Also the costs of customs and any other fee's, does anyone know?.

Thanks

Brian304

bookworm
18th Oct 2006, 20:40
I am currently thinking to go to paris for the weekend. But the handling fee's and parking fee's are really really high.

Toussus at least charges nothing for parking on the grass.

Mark 1
18th Oct 2006, 20:59
I was last at Toussus about 6 years ago. The all-in bill for 2 nights parking 2 landings (1 domestic, 1 foreign) and grass parking was about £20 (under 1 MT).
If you clear customs first, then any of the club fields will be cheap and accommodating, but less in the way of facilities. I once had a good reception at Chavenay, who also insisted that our Jodel was hangared for free. It's about a mile from the local station and 30 minutes from the centre.

Brian304
19th Oct 2006, 01:35
If I wanted to land in a smaller aerodrome, where would you's reccommend me to go through customs, well where is the cheapest and convenient.

Thanks

Brian304