PDA

View Full Version : EASA Registration and engineering

Nipper2
11th Oct 2006, 09:52
Does anyone know the ins and outs of owing a CoA aircraft on a foreign (European) register?

It appears to me that the CAA are intent on platinum plating the new maintenance regulations (a test flight with CAA Test Pilot every year has been mooted for example), to the point where privately owning a CoA aircraft on the British register will be impossibly expensive for all but the most well heeled.

My understanding is that when the new EASA regulations com into play (through 2007 and into 2008) then it will be perfectly possible for a British (or French) engineering organisation with the appropriate letters after their name to sign it off according to the regulations pertaining in the country of registration. Is this the case?

If so, which national CAA looks like having the most sensible regime?

Is there a chance this will be a sensible route to go down?

Perhaps it might even spell the end of the CAA in the UK in so far as light aviation goes. Maybe they really will be signing their own death warrant this time around….

A and C
11th Oct 2006, 18:55
If the CAA think that they will be "gold plating" the EASA regulations they can forget it !.

The whole idea of EASA is to give a level playing field across Europe.

I can assure the CAA that the industry will not stand for any gold plating of EASA maintenance, GA industry in the UK has only just started to use politics to control the excesses of the CAA and any attempt to disadvantage the UK industry will bring a world of hurt apon the CAA management.

It will take a bit of time to dawn on the inhabitants of Aviation House that soon they will just be the EASA London office.