PDA

View Full Version : Jet fuel suppliers

nouseforaname
8th Oct 2006, 18:00
I'm very fortunate to be able to keep my aircraft on my farm, i've just bought a Jet-a fuel bowser to fuel it to save on fueling trips!

but it's empty at present, does anyone know who a good supplier to the Reading area (or just a good nationwide one) is?

I've heard of people being able to get prices down as low as 39p/litre........

Just wondered if there is anyone else with a similar Jet-A1 set up in my area or who knows suppliers in this area.

Thanks in advance TD

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
9th Oct 2006, 07:39
as a general request, sorry for the thread hijack

does anybody have any information they could share / are willing to share about setting up and operating a Jet-A1 bowser on an airfield?
i.e. who to speak to at the refiners, who can then deliver into the airfield, and then who you can buy the bowsers from?

all information gratefully received.
:ok:

scooter boy
9th Oct 2006, 08:01
Bill Pitcher for bowser 01372 452615 / 07946 423175 avgas or Jet A1
I have used Cyma and Exxon in the past for fuel. Cyma too expensive therefore haven't bought from them in a while - try Exxon 07789 438209 - deliveries to a licensed airfield only and must be above a certain quantity - may be an idea to call your local airfield and see whether you can get together to negotiate a further discount as you are buying more fuel.
Now is a good time to buy - lowest prices for a while.

I have no financial interest in any of the above named individuals or organisations - just spreading the good word while waiting for the morning rain here to clear so I can fly to work,:ok:

SB

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
9th Oct 2006, 08:54
thanks.

Just out of interest - wholesale price of Jet at the refinery at the moment is between 26p and 27p a litre. (Just over $600 / tonne.)
Any extra price you pay is what the oil company and airfield are squeezing out of you to deliver into the field and operate a bowser service......and the 27p a litre already includes the oil company's refining margins.:yuk:

nouseforaname
10th Oct 2006, 17:41
is there some way that I could buy from the refinery?

I've got a 2000gal bowser...........