PDA

View Full Version : piper tomahawk

the dean
6th Oct 2006, 10:05
hi guys...

some years since i flew a piper tomahawk.

i have forgotten the take of roll and distance figures for it.

can anyone give me a few details please...at gross and sea level / + 15 temp...:confused: :confused:

just interested in the take off data but if you have the landing handy would be much appreciated...but i know it will get into the field partly grass / partly tarmac 1300 feet from drain to disaster but getting out i think can depend of temp / weight / surface and x/w...:= the field is level...

thanks guys....:ok:

dean.

Tarq57
6th Oct 2006, 22:41
Don't you have the flight manual for it? That's frome where you should be working this out for the surface you're intending to use.
Also try posting this in private flying.
Sorry, don't have the figures avlbl, but grass/long grass/ seal makes a huge difference to this beastie, from memory.

geordiejet
12th Oct 2006, 21:25
take a look at pipertomahawk.com - it has a performce section and is a good all round site!:-)

Cusco
12th Oct 2006, 21:50
Cheapskate:

Transair will flog you all these details

Safe flying

Cusco.

the dean
13th Oct 2006, 09:38
take a look at pipertomahawk.com - it has a performce section and is a good all round site!:-)

thanks for that geordiejet...

i have looked at that site ...am i looking in the wrong place..??:ugh:

i wanted to see the pages ( short field etc...etc.. ) with all the numbers as my friend is looking at getting a pa 38. i have thousands of hours instructing in them over the years but just can't recall all the numbers and the field he plans to use is 1300 feet from end to end..:{

now i know perfectly well that there will be no problem gettin out ( in no problem )most of the time but in an x/w , heavy, with high temperature it could just be a bit difficult until he get to know his aeroplane better...but i would just like to see the figures again before he buys and the aircraft is not in this country. ( so for the moment no access to the manual ).but we can get the details next week when the owner returns...however i thought i would try to find more details in advance.

is there somewhere on the site you mention that i can find all the details..??..in the pa 38 there were many pages devoted to this info...for instance...different pages if you had only outboard stall strips fitted as opposed to inboard and outboard strips...as they have different handling chacteristics...:confused:

thanks again for the help..:D

dean..