PDA

View Full Version : Picking up from Bristol Airport

QDMQDMQDM
30th Sep 2006, 06:57
Anyone got any suggestions for picking someone up from Bristol airport?

There's a farm strip in the zone somewhere, isn't there? I gather that landing fees for a light single are horrendous, so Bristol itself is probably out.

Thanks.

QDM

gcolyer
30th Sep 2006, 15:42
How about Clutton Hill, It is a nice grass strip 8 miles East of Bristol heading 111. Or filton.

Flybywyre
1st Oct 2006, 12:23
Or do what I did when faced with the prospect of being ripped off when flying someone into EGGD. I went into Bristol Filton for £16 (PA28)
Regards
FBW

QDMQDMQDM
2nd Oct 2006, 10:43
Thanks, both!

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
2nd Oct 2006, 14:40
Clutton Hill is a sod to get to; except by aeroplane. It's 4x4 access, by agreement to get the gates unlocked, or it's a trudge through the mud by MK1 foot.

Franklyn's Field (at Franklyn's Farm) at Chewton Mendip may be an option. The owner, Lionel Clothier (Telephone: 01761-241372) may be able to give some advice.

gcolyer
2nd Oct 2006, 16:35
Clutton Hill is a sod to get to; except by aeroplane. It's 4x4 access, by agreement to get the gates unlocked, or it's a trudge through the mud by MK1 foot.

Franklyn's Field (at Franklyn's Farm) at Chewton Mendip may be an option. The owner, Lionel Clothier (Telephone: 01761-241372) may be able to give some advice.

Not a problem.. he is picking up a PAX. So..

He gets permission.
Lands doesnt have to worry about the gate, thats the PAX job
He doesnt get out the plane.
The PAX bunks the fence and uses Mk1 foot to get to plane

Problem Solved. :)

On a serious note I would go for Filton.

pumper_bob
2nd Oct 2006, 23:25
Get a helicopter and land where you need to be, not where there is a strip of grass/tarmac over 500meters long!