PDA

View Full Version : Life Flight does it again

rodajunky
28th Sep 2006, 07:08
well done to name removedfor offering his bk + 5 pilots initially to timor with no problem and then last minute pulls out saying the members of board don't want bk to leave country.where would the 5 pilots come from? is that why you were advertising jobs? how about staying completely out of the commercial industry and stick to asking the public for money.

rodajunky, I removed the name (and had tossed a few of your previous probationary posts) because this forum cannot be used to make direct slams on people. If you want to do that, leave pprune.
You are warned, if you keep it up you will be removed, this is not a sandbox for retribution.

PedalStop, Rotorheads moderator.

spinwing
28th Sep 2006, 09:17
Mmmm.... Thats not the way I heard it ......

I heard they were approached to see if it were possible for them to assist with the setting up of a service ????

:hmm: :hmm: :=

rodajunky
30th Sep 2006, 08:31
yes it is true. and said i thought that too. could anyone comment on a charity organisation tendering for a month contract out of it's country with nothing to do with transporting ill children?

jtravolta
30th Sep 2006, 12:37
this is interesting. perhaps the company should indeed in order to support the GA industry in oz relinquish itself from competing for commercial contracts. what in fact does is this charity's main focus? i may see an opportunity to support it financially to ease it's need to seek commercial contracts. this may well benefit the oz ga industry i imagine.

helo1
30th Sep 2006, 13:43
You lot really need to get a life.
I have never met so many people who put S--t on Lifeflight in my life.
The guy has 2 helicopters so who gives a rats.
Why dont you lot find something better to do

spinwing
30th Sep 2006, 23:11
......... LifeFlight (Melbourne) I think tries to do a excellent job in a very combative envoironment (politically)..... if there were less "vested interests" bitching about them that would be good.

Apart from the few who seem to have it in for the CEO for what seem to be purely personal reasons, LifeFlight do nothing wrong operationally that I can see..... they seem to run a pretty tight well structured operation. Their aircraft are EXCELLENT! Their standards are HIGH.

This constant "carry on" about the charity status thing is just another way of trying to "tall poppy" the organisation. You achieve nothing by trying to take them down. No commercial operator will step in to do their job ...and if they did, no doubt it would be at a much greater cost to the taxpayer, as well as for personal profit.

Get real and grow up and leave them alone to do their job.

RANT OFF! :hmm:

rodajunky
1st Oct 2006, 02:20
it is questionable that a charity can tender for lucrative commercial contracts over commercial companies just to keep itself afloat so it can maintain its REAL focus - the needy ones in the community. other respondents so far sound like diciples of charity company aka cheap way to run as a commercial company obviously make a living there. the aircraft was promised and 5 pilots for a month, then fell thru mysteriously and if u think this doesn't create some angst among commercial operators who would jump at chance to supply their aircraft then that is pretty arrogant and thoughtless. the contract was secured when there was no hope of the aircraft leaving the country or the pilots appearing from somewhere.

topendtorque
1st Oct 2006, 12:06
this is interesting. perhaps the company should indeed in order to support the GA industry in oz relinquish itself from competing for commercial contracts. what in fact does is this charity's main focus? i may see an opportunity to support it financially to ease it's need to seek commercial contracts. this may well benefit the oz ga industry i imagine.

Everyone's a bit slow in OZ toninght due to grand final Rubgy League between the brisbane Broncos and league new team Melbourne Storms. It was another top game and the cup is where it should be , with the Broncos. Also a magnificient final gallop by Broncos hard man Shane Webke after 254 games.

Much better that that aerial ping pong pansy turnout last night, fair dinkum those mexicans can't even block the sandgropers from stealing the limelight.

viewed you profile, 'jtravolta' and assume that indeed this is the one and only OZ home grown. That is certainly a magnificient gesture on your behalf and no doubt there will plenty of whorthwhile causes in OZ happy to accept your generosity.

You may or may not have read many threads on this subject relating to charities competing openly on the commercial market against those who don't enjoy the benefits of philanthropy and the charity's non requirement to return a profit. Rightly or wrongly, whether or not they may also be making hay out of depreciation and other business write-offs has also been questioned.

I think your comments demonstrate good observation even though it appears to be a maiden speech. I am not involved in any charity although in the past I have had the dubious challenge of having to compete on the commercial market against such subsidised opposition.

it is a pity that the thread opened in a volatile manner and may i express a welcome to you.

spinwing
1st Oct 2006, 13:45
jtravolta .................

Please check your PMs :O

regards spinwing

Gerhardt
1st Oct 2006, 21:06
Just a guess, but I don't think jtravolta is who he purports to be. I suspect the real deal uses better punctuation and grammar.

Man, I hope I'm right. Otherwise, this could be embarrassing.

rodajunky
1st Oct 2006, 23:11
you're the man jt. anything that helps commercial guys in oz is maiiidii faaaiiine with me

spinwing
1st Oct 2006, 23:18
Oh I think there is no doubt about that ...............

BUT as he is new to this forum and interested in the topic I think it only right to give him some background info that is not tainted with unfair inaccuracies!

Cheers :D

jtravolta
1st Oct 2006, 23:43
I have been 46 for the last 8 years. I do hope my spelling and grammar can be approved on this site. Spinwing, I'll be contacting you shortly

Squeaks
2nd Oct 2006, 00:20
All aboard for the Hampster Wheel :( :oh:

McGowan
2nd Oct 2006, 00:56
Spinwing, you mention that it would be a much higher cost to the public if a commercial operator tried to do Life Flights job.
I don't know the ins and outs of it but how?
My intiial thoughts are, air craft costs will remain the same, crew costs will remain the same, I may have it wrong, but what will increase with a commercial operator?
The money still comes from the public via the Government. They would get the money through taxes taken from the public.

topendtorque
2nd Oct 2006, 02:17
“Just a guess, but I don't think jtravolta is who he purports to be. I suspect the real deal uses better punctuation and grammar.

Man, I hope I'm right. Otherwise, this could be embarrassing.”

Gerhadt
I don’t think so, it’s an anon forum after all.

For sure the real one in his professional life is a dead set perfectionist. Most who contribute to this forum I suggest are of like nature - in the cockpit.
That doesn’t mean at all that we are all magic perfectionists on the typewriter or around the bar fridge – yeah well, take that one anyway you like.

Only those few multi skilled individuals amongst us are more rounded right across the spectrum and are those to whom I will always pay compliments as do most male pilots.

For sure I thought about whether or not it may be an impostor before I posted first time and figured that eventually an impostor would blow it, there may even be two with the same moniker and of like preponderance.

I don’t think that the posted age has much to do with identity, look at the one who is 99.

The real one has been noted as a contributor to some needy projects here in OZ. I also believe that he has one undisguisable trait, as we do in that we are hopeless aviation addicts.
TET

Oogle
2nd Oct 2006, 04:20
What you guys DON'T know is that LifeFlight was approached by Hevi-Lift to see if they could provide their BACK UP BK117 aircraft for a few months.

They did not actively go out and try and get the contract - they were asked the question and their mangement thought it best not to.

If everyone would get their facts straight first, there would be alot less bandwidth taken up on un-necessary speculation. :=

spinwing
2nd Oct 2006, 04:40
Oogle....

Thankyou .... that was exactly what I was referring to at the begining (of this thread) .... but I did not wish to mention the name of the COMMERCIAL OPERATOR who was requesting the assistance.

I wonder what "rodajunky" thinks of a commercial operator who requests assistance from a charity ???????? ........... nah I really don't care to know!

Cheers :D :D :D

rodajunky
2nd Oct 2006, 07:10
hhmmm your words were ' after speaking with the board members I am unable to release the aircraft overseas. Also I cannot supply a 5 man crew to fly it. were they not?

Oogle
2nd Oct 2006, 07:27
Rodajunky

Give it a rest and move on

spinwing
2nd Oct 2006, 07:31
rodajunky ...........

Who are you trying to quote?? ............ certainly not me!

Methinks you have jumped ......... to a wrong conclusion!!!!!

:=

rodajunky
2nd Oct 2006, 08:05
if the contract is secured first, then the pilots can be found and renumerated and then the charity can be kept afloat. only thing is it's important to get permission from the board members first i would think.

Heliport
2nd Oct 2006, 08:40
rodajunky

Every post you've made since registering with PPRuNe and starting this thread has been on this topic.

You might want to join in other discussions, just in case people think you've got an obsession about Life Flight - if they haven't formed that view already. ;)

rodajunky
2nd Oct 2006, 09:07
i am happy to put my point across in this instance as it is warrranted. the response has been entertaining. just hope this doesn't happen again.

Ned-Air2Air
2nd Oct 2006, 09:20
just hope this doesn't happen again.

If you think posts like this wont happen again - in this forum, then sadly sir you are living in a fantasy land. When you have been here a while you will understand what I mean :ok:

spinwing
2nd Oct 2006, 09:21
rodajunky

Sorry old darling I think you might have lost the plot! ...

I think we shall give this a rest now eh?

Cheers ;)

Kulwin Park
2nd Oct 2006, 13:42
Hello jtravolta, to view the operations/interests of LifeFlight, it would be best to visit their website at www.lifeflight.org.au (http://www.lifeflight.org.au) , but this has not been updated with new pics or news as of late, and might not include their current operations to date, or their latest data on their updated capabilities of helicopters.

It may be best to contact them for news, as one of their committee members or personnel will fill you in on their operations for your interests.

It seems to me that reading over this topic that many details were left out regarding the job/task they were going to carry out in Timor. Obviously they were asked by a corporation or someone to provide a helicopter if it was possible, as I have not heard any tenders go out, any operators whinging why they missed out, or ?? Maybe LifeFlight's BK's were the only suitably decked out machines for the required task, that were free for use at the time?

Also, for how long, and what was the nature of the task. Details that are all missing here - so many should not jump to conclusions without facts. Maybe their mission did require the rescue of injured or sick people, and that the BK117 with all the medical outfitted gear would have been perfect? Speculation is wonderful - til it bites people on the arse when they realise that the true facts indicate that Australia could be helping out overseas people in a way.

I don't think LifeFlight is the problem - it is the few individuals out there that pursue rumours to stir the pot of anyone - when they personally don't even know the people at the base, or its right or wrong doings of a day. I don't know of all the people there, but can guarantee that their operation is run by qualified personnel & well equipped/ready/willing/able crew.

KP :ok:

jtravolta
3rd Oct 2006, 00:43
Spinwing. Do you care to share your view on 'McGowen's' thread?

spinwing
3rd Oct 2006, 05:13
Mmmmm McGowans thread..... ??

Well I suppose there are some cost aspects about the operation that might remain similar if a commercial operator were to do that task.

However any "tax relief" that a charity has or can get, obviously help keep the operation cheaper to the end user in this case NETS (the Neonate Emergency Transport Service) attached to the Royal Womens Hospital. Donations such as subsidised fuel costs and such like also help, probably the best saving is that the any profit margin is saved back into the operation and help in fact subsidise the cost to the State Government and thus the Taxpayer .... and in this case the health and wellbeing of future taxpayers.

This has all been argued here before and seems to keep coming up because someone seems to have too much time on their hands and tries to "relight" a personal "bushfire" .......

In the end ...... you either believe in the benefits to your society of trying to do good by utilising Charities or Philanthropic causes.... or you believe that you should make a doller out of everything.

I am for the former!

Cheers ;)

jtravolta
3rd Oct 2006, 07:28
Antarctica? I hear also the Superbikes and the Grand Prix in Melbourne. Is this true?

Te_Kahu
3rd Oct 2006, 11:19
Heliport/Pedalstop

One wonders if JTravolta and Rodajunky need to be locked in the same room BY THEMSELVES for a time to ask and answer their respective questions?

:bored:

TK

tribal
4th Oct 2006, 09:19
So What are Hevilift doing for helicopters in Timor? I understand they have a 412, but were in need of another machine at least. Does anyone KNOW if they have been successful?

spinwing
4th Oct 2006, 10:21
............ s'pose you could phone "Dobbo" and ask??? :hmm:

cheers :)

tribal
4th Oct 2006, 11:52
No thanks Steve.

rodajunky
6th Oct 2006, 01:11
Hey Steve. How 'bout supporting the charity to do the charity work. Seeing u r so in the loop as you put it surely u r a man of influence;)

rodajunky
6th Oct 2006, 01:16
Tribal
all is ok. close call tho seeing the charity couldn't quite follow thru with it's promises as it did not have permission to make the promises in the first place.

topendtorque
6th Oct 2006, 02:21
Hey Steve. How 'bout supporting the charity to do the charity work. Seeing u r so in the loop as you put it surely u r a man of influence;)

I think he already has shown his hand here. to wit;-

"In the end ...... you either believe in the benefits to your society of trying to do good by utilising Charities or Philanthropic causes.... or you believe that you should make a doller out of everything.

I am for the former!"

BTW you wouldn't happen to have a close cousin living in Adelaide would you rodajunky? goes by the nom-de-plume of 'vice-like.'

rodajunky
6th Oct 2006, 04:12
"In the end ...... you either believe in the benefits to your society of trying to do good by utilising Charities or Philanthropic causes.... or you believe that you should make a doller out of everything.

I am for the former!"

its all words mate, which u r completely full of.
r u related to that bloke in Sale that topped himself?

gadgetguru
6th Oct 2006, 05:46
Mr. F lived just down the road from me, in Seaton, not Sale.

someplace
6th Oct 2006, 06:35
It is my understanding hevi lift approached airwork to fill in until they got a second machine servicable but airwork were not interested in such a short term arrangement so HL approached life flight who tried there hardest but could not find crews to do the job so pulled out.
However I do not think any organisation that runs its budget with donations from the public or funding from any government should conduct commercial operations - if it is legal then all operators should recieve the same subsidies to make it fair to all. This is not to say companys carn't bid for contracts that pay for themselves but they should not be able to run offices and staff on funding and be able to pick off work at the expence of the non funded operator.

topendtorque
6th Oct 2006, 12:51
Ahem -- no comment.

I think this thread needs to be killed stone motherless dead!

JOHN BENNETT
13th Oct 2006, 11:14
a charity in the antartic. isn't their primary concern critically injured babies. maybe they are saving the baby seals??

helo1
14th Oct 2006, 09:20
Mr moderator could we lock this thread or p--s it off.
I think we have spent to much time carrying on about this

A Very Good Idea. Thread closed.

PedalStop, Rotorheads Moderator