PDA

View Full Version : Always the same question ;)

cityjet
21st Sep 2006, 22:55
HI all,

I have 3h30 flying under my belt at the moment. I've started my PPL in France in french and its to put it in a better way.....a little difficult for me in the french language. So before i start my Intergrated APTL next year, i would like to have my PPL. Im going to carry on flying for fun / hobby in France but i would like to seriously get my PPL in may next year. I need some advice on basically a school where i can do it in a month, that is recommended and is genuinely good, accom provided as a full package if its possible.

Thanks all

Frank

tiggermoth
21st Sep 2006, 23:12
Do you want to stay in France to complete the PPL?

bencoulthard
22nd Sep 2006, 08:40
There's lots of American schools that rush you through and they do package deals. Training, flights and accom. But get your exams done b4 u go.

Or were you thinking in France with an english instructor like TM was asking?

skydriller
22nd Sep 2006, 08:50
Hi Cityjet,

I guess it depends on where you want to do your PPL. I will tell you now though, due to the "Aeroclub" system here in France, there is no cheaper place to do your PPL in Europe. You could probably do it cheaper in the USA, but you would need to do your sums carefully regarding the cost of actually getting over there and your living expenses while you are there.

I appreciate the difficulties of flying with an instructor speaking a foriegn language - Im English! Where are you from & how good/bad is your French or English, as many instructors here in France speak pretty passable English. Is it the actual communication in the cockpit, or the ground study that you are finding difficult? I dont know for sure, but you may be able to do the exams in English if it helps, have you asked your instructor / the DGAC? Remember that the flying hours you do here all counts towards your PPL wherever you do the actual ground exams/skills test.

Out of interest, which Aeroclub/Aerodrome do you fly from, as I am near Bordeaux myself. Always looking for a reason to fly, though I will be out of the Country working for 2 weeks from sunday.

Regards, SD..

cityjet
24th Sep 2006, 19:55
Hi,

My french is actually fine, its just im finding it difficult and well is making me think double while im learning. Plus im concerntrating so much on the french that i miss the next step.
They do speak passable english its fine, just i feel i would perform better and advance quicker if i was doing it with a british school or indeed someone who speak good english. I am just making it a lot harder for myself, also its not cheap in France but that not my concern, if i wanted cheap i would have never have even started in France.
Im a brit btw. My aeroclub is Paul Tissandier St-Cyr-d'Ecole Aerodrome next to Versaillies.

See ya thanks again

Frank

mcgoo
24th Sep 2006, 20:12
Hi Cityjet,
You could probably do it cheaper in the USA, but you would need to do your sums carefully regarding the cost of actually getting over there and your living expenses while you are there.
Regards, SD..

Is it free to live in France then?

Keef
24th Sep 2006, 20:26
Is it free to live in France then?

Why do you think all those Frenchmen live there?

mcgoo
24th Sep 2006, 20:34
lol, good point