PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Popham/Compton Sunday?

shortstripper
14th Sep 2006, 16:31
Hi

I'm thinking of taking the T31m to Poham (Luscombe and Pietenpol fly-in) and later Compton Abbas (End of summer fly-in) next Sunday weather permitting. Just wondering if anyone else is planning to go to either of these events?

SS

Probably jinxed the weather now :suspect:

Mike Cross
14th Sep 2006, 17:41
Ah you're responsible are you?

Planning to be there Sunday but sadly the Luscombe will have to remain groundbound as the Permit expires on Saturday and we're not doing the work until Thurs/Fri next week (anyone want to come and lend a hand?)

Mike

cirrus01
14th Sep 2006, 19:47
Planning Lwr Upham ( brilliant strip ) and then Popham for us :)

robin
15th Sep 2006, 09:15
Hoping for the time to take in all three. Compton/Popham and Lwr Upham

shortstripper
15th Sep 2006, 10:20
Hoping for the time to take in all three. Compton/Popham and Lwr Upham

That would be nice, but at 55 knots, I think the two will do me for one day :ok:

SS

shortstripper
17th Sep 2006, 08:21
Hi All

Probably setting off in an hour or so, but will probably leave Popham around lunchtime to fly on to Compton. So if anybody fancies saying hello, look out for G-BZLK. You can't miss it, small single seater with a 43' wingspan!

SS

robin
17th Sep 2006, 08:38
Lucky you - the airfield here is covered in low cloud, so it looks like housework this morning

shortstripper
17th Sep 2006, 18:14
Lucky you - the airfield here is covered in low cloud,

Hmmmm :hmm: So was Compton Abbas! Popham was nice but the exit from Compton consisted of ... take off to 50', turn right and dive down into the valley. Follow the line of the hills and scud run all the way home ... not so nice. However, getting a "special award" award at the Solent Aviation Society's fly-in made my day! (still don't know what it was for though?)

SS

DubTrub
17th Sep 2006, 22:12
Looks like you 'n' me both, SS...see my post "elsewhere". I'm not sure, but I think because I was not a Luscombe or a Piet I deserved an award.

A great welcome at Popham, as ever. Unlike Compton, call that a fly-in? I call it an eat-in by others. You couldn't get a bite to eat if you were Lord Sandwich.:sad: